• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Devhook 0.52 Install Guide with 3.11

kvos

hello guys, and thanks for the great post , but i am following the instructions perfectly but when running psar dumper on the psp, it hangs then it switches off. I am using fw 2.71se-c.

can any one help please?:)

zeromaster

ok after several weeks of this working great a new problem, the my umd games won't load, the psp logo screen just freezes and my psp reboots itself back to 1.5 fw, why is this happening?

twista999

Devhook 0.51

My system software is: 2.71SE-B
I have devhook0.4X launcher for 2.71

I don't know what my firmware is as i don't know where to find that out and because i'm new to the psp homebrew world.

In my memory stick i have these Files:

"MEMSTICK.IND"
"._.Trashes"
".DS_Store"
"MSTK_PRO.IND"

And these Folders:

"PSP"
"ISO"
"dh"
".Trashes"

In the "PSP" folder i have the files and folders called:

"GAME"
"GAME150"
"MUSIC"
"PHOTO"
"SAVEDATA"
"SYSTEM"
"COMMON"
".DS_Store"

In the "ISO" folder i have the file:

"Your ISO and CSO files Go Here"

In the "dh" folder i have the folders:

"271F"
"kd"

In the "kd" folder there are 13 files which i won't name because i'll be here all day.

What do i need to do?

Do i need to get a devhook 0.51 launcher for 2.71SE-B?

So what do i do with these files and folders to get Devhook 0.51 updated onto my psp?

Help needed urgently please, thank you.

:( :( :( :( :(

Sp0r3

hello guys, and thanks for the great post , but i am following the instructions perfectly but when running psar dumper on the psp, it hangs then it switches off. I am using fw 2.71se-c.

can any one help please?:)

I have the same problem as kvos but im running fw 2.80

Sp0r3

nvm, i used the new self installer, if any1 needs it, u can get it here
Note: you'll need the 3.01 update to use the self installer

I tried using your installer but when i try to execute the Devhook Firmware Installer, it says that "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted."

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have the same problem as kvos but im running fw 2.80

PSARDumper will not run under 2.8. You cannot run Devhook.

twista999 said:

Yeah, and copy the folders from the archive over to the root of your memory stick.

rocaz said:

You are either missing the reboot.bin in "301/f0" or did not copy over the prefixed dh text files from the .51 archive (pspbtcnf_dh.txt etc)

reyber

i had downgrade my psp from 2.80 to 1.50
now i would like to get devhook 0.51 on my psp with fw 3.01
but when i go to step 8 i dind't see any devhook menu on game folder
the only thing in the game folder is: psar dump

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

make sure you have downloaded devhook (you can grab it here). then copy the folders over inside of the MS_ROOT.

Sp0r3

where did u find your downgrader?? cuz of one silly mistake is causing me lots of agonizing moments...

Darklord

White Hong Kong PSP

I have tried to install the 3.01 on to my White PSP. It works fine on my US PSP. I currently have 1.50 on the White PSP and it Emulates up to 2.71, but I can't get it to run any thing higher. Is there some special trick that I need to do with my whitie?
-Dark Lord

yanks123

psp

i have a psp firmware 2.71 se-b and i tried following the directions but when start up PSAR dumper my psp just freezes and turns off can you please help me

lilchris2cute

reboot sreen keeps coming

i did every thing and wen i try to start up an iso get the blue sreen that has "press O to restart the system" and then it goes to the version 1.50

Di Vaio

i'm a damn noob! a noob!!!

believe it or not, i maneged to downgrade to 1.5 with success but i need some help geting 3.03OE-C to work. i know nothing about this and don't really know which one is better.
what is the benifit of running devhook wit dark alex custom firmwares? and can i do this install with 3.o3OE-C instead of 3.01?
just so you guys know i will research this stuff but i would much appreciate anyone with patients to message me with advice, i know theres people that like to post false stuff and brick peoples PSP's and i want to avoid doing that.
I need really dumbed down instructions for now so i would appreciate anyone who's willing to help.

one last thing, and i know its probably a stupid question but is there any issues w/ running UMD,s with the custom firmwares installed?

thanks in advance

Christopher

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
believe it or not, i maneged to downgrade to 1.5 with success but i need some help geting 3.03OE-C to work. i know nothing about this and don't really know which one is better.
what is the benifit of running devhook wit dark alex custom firmwares? and can i do this install with 3.o3OE-C instead of 3.01?
just so you guys know i will research this stuff but i would much appreciate anyone with patients to message me with advice, i know theres people that like to post false stuff and brick peoples PSP's and i want to avoid doing that.
I need really dumbed down instructions for now so i would appreciate anyone who's willing to help.

one last thing, and i know its probably a stupid question but is there any issues w/ running UMD,s with the custom firmwares installed?

thanks in advance

Christopher

3.03 OE-C cannot run via Devhook, you need to upgrade your firmware to it. Just follow the readme included in the 3.03 OE-C archive to install, its pretty straightforward but if you have any questions just ask.

Also - there are no issues with running UMD's under 3.03 OE-C.

FLARE

-_-

ey umm sry this is a nooby question wat is the root of your memory card and i strt dumpler and says cant find DATA.PSR not on top folder so wat do i do and i tried putting it in different places but nothing and wat do u do with the ms0 file .

p1nkerboy

AAAAAAAAAA...

I have done everything up to 6th step, but when i try to boot PSARDumper from my psp my screen freezes at the PSP logo...what should i do?BTW, there is no GAME150 folder in ms0:\ , should i create one?that's what Ive done...plz answer me I have been trying to run DevHook for the past week and i am starting to FREAK out..

thanx!!:eek:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have done everything up to 6th step, but when i try to boot PSARDumper from my psp my screen freezes at the PSP logo...what should i do?BTW, there is no GAME150 folder in ms0:\ , should i create one?that's what Ive done...plz answer me I have been trying to run DevHook for the past week and i am starting to FREAK out..

thanx!!:eek:

yes create a GAME150 folder and put devhook in it.