• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downgrading Custom Firmware (OE / M33)

Alphenz

Want to go back to a previous OE revision or have decided that custom firmware is not for you? Here is how to downgrade your new OE installation in five easy steps:

• Download the Recovery folder
  • Place the Recovery folder in <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/
  • Download the 1.5 Update, save as file name "UPDATE.PBP"
  • Move "UPDATE.PBP" into the Recovery folder you placed on your memory stick in Step 1
  • Everything is setup! Hold R while turning on your PSP to enter recovery mode, and choose the option which reads "Run program at.." to begin downgrading to firmware 1.5.
I was told we can now downgrade ver. 3.01 to 1.50. Is this the way to do it? Thank you.

Jaynb

I was told we can now downgrade ver. 3.01 to 1.50. Is this the way to do it? Thank you.

Hi,

These instructions are for downgrading from an OE firmware not an official sony firmware.

If you are on 3.01 then you will need to follow the guide in this thread.

But in order for you to do this, you will firstly need to upgrade to sony official 3.03, and have an unpatched copy of "Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories".

Fisayo26

downgrading sony firmware to 1.50

I wanted to know if a sony firmware 3.11 exists for the PSP. If so is there a way to downgrade it to 1.50.

King-Wade

sweet tutorial x3sphere, i downgraded just to see if it worked and it worked perfectly, of course i upgraded back up right away but this is definitely going in my bookmarks:D

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Welcome to the forums, King-Wade!:smile:

Roe

Check all your settings in configuration in recovery mode. See if any are different and change them to whatever you want.

Roe

well firstly check that no-umd is disabled and you have a umd in the drive

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Try downgrading again, to 1.5 (unless it already did) and then to back to the OE.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

fixxer406

im trying to downgrade but when i load the downgrade i just get a black screen... is it possible my psp is " bricked " and what does bricked mean