• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downgrading Custom Firmware (OE / M33)

bochenghu

Hmmm... it didn't quite work. Sorry to repost but here's my problem again:

I have a PSP phat running 3.80 M33-5. I need to downgrade it to a 3.71M33.

I downloaded the official 371.PBP and the 3.71M33 Installer and put both into the X:/PSP/GAME drive and tried to run the program in my PSP. It won't work.....

Hope ya'all can help me out with some guides cause I tried everything I can suck out from this forum but there's just no definitive guide available to guide me through this.

Thanks all

Acerthief

Hmmm... it didn't quite work. Sorry to repost but here's my problem again:

I have a PSP phat running 3.80 M33-5. I need to downgrade it to a 3.71M33.

I downloaded the official 371.PBP and the 3.71M33 Installer and put both into the X:/PSP/GAME drive and tried to run the program in my PSP. It won't work.....

Hope ya'all can help me out with some guides cause I tried everything I can suck out from this forum but there's just no definitive guide available to guide me through this.

Thanks all

For now 3.80M33 and 3.90M33 can't be downgraded.
(Some one should update this though)

Anyways installing directly won't work, as the newer installers (3.71M33 and after) and more similar to what Sony has, detects the firmware and blocks you if you have firmware later than the one you are installing.

So all we can do is wait...
(So am I :()

bochenghu

Ah hah. So that explains it..... SOB! But thanks anyway for the s'plain. Quick work AcerTheif. Always on ya toes it seems.

Was gonna try to use the pandora thingie but..... errrmmm..... frankly speaking, it scares the cr@p outta me. I'm not one of the most tech savvy people around.

ayie69

urmm..i am using cfw 3.40 oe-a,i have done everythng you said..but when i open the recovery and execute the run program at...it runs but it will just leave blank black screen and it will turn off automatically..why..??

Acerthief

urmm..i am using cfw 3.40 oe-a,i have done everythng you said..but when i open the recovery and execute the run program at...it runs but it will just leave blank black screen and it will turn off automatically..why..??

Set the kernel to 3.40, and double check if everything is in the correct place. Try again.

ayie69

what do you mean by in correct place..??

Set the kernel to 3.40, and double check if everything is in the correct place. Try again.
but i have set the kernel to 3.40 and what do you mean by in the correct place..i changed the vsh things inside like the battery,the xmb and all...ihave the backup of the original ones but my comp reformatted and everything's gone..is it because of the xmb change..?

Acerthief

but i have set the kernel to 3.40 and what do you mean by in the correct place..i changed the vsh things inside like the battery,the xmb and all...ihave the backup of the original ones but my comp reformatted and everything's gone..is it because of the xmb change..?

I'd dunno, but could be possible.

Why do you need to downgrade? (Just curious)

You could try going up to 3.52M33 first then downgrade.

ZiNoM

Very nice thing. I updated my brother's PSP and he don't know. when he saw it have ordered that i put it again in the old version only to bore me and that tool/guide is very usefull!!!
Thanks!! :p

yearzerox

In Need of tons of help on downgrading 3.52 M33.

I am so sorry to sound like a total noob but here is my issue. I recently got a PSP (first vrs. ever sold in the US) and found out that it was hacked with firmwire 3.52 m33. I would like to get rid of the hack and have a factory default psp to upgrade to the latest official ver. Can anyone help out?

raja

Go to recovery mode and downgrade it to the official firmware.
Next go to downloads section of exophase and download the latest official firmware from there,put the file in the game folder of your psp, and then load the file thru XMB,u will get latest official firmware on your psp.

Anyway whats the need of 'getting rid of the hack'.A hacked psp can play your legit backups,and many homebrew stuff which a non hacked psp cannot run.

A.0.A

Hunter
I am so sorry to sound like a total noob but here is my issue. I recently got a PSP (first vrs. ever sold in the US) and found out that it was hacked with firmwire 3.52 m33. I would like to get rid of the hack and have a factory default psp to upgrade to the latest official ver. Can anyone help out?

use a pandora!,. or just update it to latest 5.50 GEN-B or 5.00 m33-6. all of the latest features of OFW are on CFW too!. it becomes CFW because it was just added some filles and make a homebrew work on your PSP like some Emulators, games, and APP.

All things OFW do can be done to CFW and CFW have more features than OFW!!. ;)