• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downgrading Custom Firmware (OE / M33)

Acerthief

so you bought psp Slim?
then these downgrade guides don't work now, as the new PSP just came to stock.

Syrre

will do =P ... hehe .... just one more question .... i just ordered the "lumines" game .... so uhm .... that wont work on the slim ?

Syrre

hmmmm ok .... just got a site with the MAX powertool battery, will that work for psp lite btw ? =P .... cause if it did i could install a custom firmware and then downgrade right ?

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
hmmmm ok .... just got a site with the MAX powertool battery, will that work for psp lite btw ? =P .... cause if it did i could install a custom firmware and then downgrade right ?

The TOOL battery will put you into service mode, all you need is the memory stick with the Despertar del Cementerio files on it and all should work.

anbu_blurr

My PSP currently running on version 3.72. Please show me some guide/tutorial to downgrade this 3.72 version to 1.50 version.

I'm downgrading my PSP for upgrade it later to version 3.40 OE. Thank you.

Acerthief

My PSP currently running on version 3.72. Please show me some guide/tutorial to downgrade this 3.72 version to 1.50 version.

I'm downgrading my PSP for upgrade it later to version 3.40 OE. Thank you.

You can't use downgraders here BTW.
The only way now is to use "Pandora Battery" and "Magic Memory Stick".
Note that you'll need a phat PSP battery to do the job.

Adam10

Hi guys, very interesting threads. I have a problem in that my PSP is about 3 years old and had originaly a version 2 firmware which I downgraded to 1.5 and used devhook with it. I now want to restore it to a normal PSP, but when I go to play a store bought game it tells me to upgrade, which I try to do but not a lot happens in the upgrade screen, any ideas?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi guys, very interesting threads. I have a problem in that my PSP is about 3 years old and had originaly a version 2 firmware which I downgraded to 1.5 and used devhook with it. I now want to restore it to a normal PSP, but when I go to play a store bought game it tells me to upgrade, which I try to do but not a lot happens in the upgrade screen, any ideas?

Are you trying to run the game from within DevHook? If so... don't do that, just run it directly from the 1.5 firmware.

bochenghu

Sorry for the noob question ya'all~ but recently my brother upgraded his PSP 3.51 OE to a 3.80 M33-5 and won't cha know it, most of his games won't run. He's totally glued to samurai warriors and the bloody thing just won't run on the 3.80.

So this is what I am planning to do after reading through the forum:
1. DL the 3.51OE update from the Godly Dark Alex website
2. Copy the extracted files to X:\PSP\GAME
3. DL the 351.PBP file and move it into the same folder
4. Boot up the PSP, browse to the update and just run it...

Am I on the road to damnation or am I on the right track

Acerthief

Sorry for the noob question ya'all~ but recently my brother upgraded his PSP 3.51 OE to a 3.80 M33-5 and won't cha know it, most of his games won't run. He's totally glued to samurai warriors and the bloody thing just won't run on the 3.80.

So this is what I am planning to do after reading through the forum:
1. DL the 3.51OE update from the Godly Dark Alex website
2. Copy the extracted files to X:\PSP\GAME
3. DL the 351.PBP file and move it into the same folder
4. Boot up the PSP, browse to the update and just run it...

Am I on the road to damnation or am I on the right track

Better yet, I think you should go to 3.52M33 FIRST. Then update the 3.52M33-4 patch.
After that, when in the XMB, Press home and a menu should show up in middle of the screen. Choose the "UMD Mode" to "Sony NP9660". After that try the games and see if it works.