• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downloads section launched

J

jx233

Well, the new handheld Pandora will be coming out, and should there be a section for that?

Jake

Jake: Yeah, file size can be added. That info is already stored in the DB, just will need to find a good place to put it. Is the refresh issue still occurring? Should be fixed, though I've noticed situations where it still can happen... for example if you keep a file info page open, go to another one, then click download on the previous page. Working on fixing that.

B2K24: Good idea, comments will definitely be added in the future. It's already integrated with vBulletin somewhat, so shouldn't be too hard.

Glad everyone is liking it so far :)

You could put the size beside the Date Added/Author. The refresh thing was caused for me by opening another file info page after the first.

andychole

<p>I'm loving the new page, although I think there could be some minor improvements:</p>
<p>1.) I noticed it said "Downloads Home" at the top beside PSP and PlayStation 3. For me this just looks too big; maybe just putting 'Home', or 'Downloads' in a different colour would make it stand out from the consoles on the top, and look much more simple</p>
<p>2.) In the Firmware Page, the order is really messed up, couldn't you force people to go through categories like you have at the side. So if you went to PSP Firmware you would HAVE to go through either CFW or OFW, it would be more simple to sort out. The order is 5.00 M33-6, 4.01 M33, 4.05. I hope you get what I mean.</p>
<p>Sorry if you think I'm just moaning, I just want this Downloads section to be one of the best out there. And so far I'm loving it! Just some little minor problems. :)</p>

andychole

<p>"force people to go through categories like you have at the side". I know you can its just if you couldl force people it would it neater</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Some updates. The "Downloads Home" link at the top has been changed to "Home." I tried using a different color but it detracts from the other links so decided to stick with the white.

The firmware pages are now sorted by name by default. Also, the file size is now displayed on each file information page. Thanks for all the suggestions thus far :)

angelsniper45

when will the actual site be revamped to the new theme?

andychole

<p>OMG, thats why I like this website so much! I say things and they get done so quickly. No other websites do changes suggested by a user that fast. I've got to give it to exophase and x3sphere; he is the best in the business. If they were more people like him, this website would be booming!</p>
<p>BTW, how come there's no XBOX 360 downloads?</p>
<p>Is it just me or does the Nintendo DS and PlayStation 3 look too long compared to the Wii and PSP. I think you should shorten them to PS3 and NDS/DS; because if you're going to write long, might as well write PlayStation Portable and Nintendo Wii, and those are just too long</p>
<p>I no it sounds like I'm picky but I want this to be my favourite site for me and for everyone else!</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the compliments :) There isn't an Xbox 360 section yet since very little homebrew exists for it and things like themes are only available via the Live Marketplace. But regardless, I'll probably add a miscellaneous section for it later, as well as lesser known systems.

@angelsniper45: The plan is to redesign the main site once vBulletin 4.0 is released, since they are completely changing the template system in that version. So, probably a couple months from now assuming 4.0 is released on time.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
Thanks for the compliments :) There isn't an Xbox 360 section yet since very little homebrew exists for it and things like themes are only available via the Live Marketplace. But regardless, I'll probably add a miscellaneous section for it later, as well as lesser known systems.

@angelsniper45: The plan is to redesign the main site once vBulletin 4.0 is released, since they are completely changing the template system in that version. So, probably a couple months from now assuming 4.0 is released on time.

I'm worried about the new design. Exophase's current layout is so good right now. 8)

x3sphere, may I be a moderator for those new sections? :smile:

Jake

I think the forums could do with links to the arcade and downloads at the top like the Home, Forums, etc links. Just to make them easier/quicker to get to.

PR0fessor Burnt

I'm worried about the new design. Exophase's current layout is so good right now. 8)

x3sphere, may I be a moderator for those new sections? :smile:

I agree the layout it really easy but the looks could be upgraded

I think the forums could do with links to the arcade and downloads at the top like the Home, Forums, etc links. Just to make them easier/quicker to get to.

ya that would be good 2

angelsniper45

i was wondering if itll be possible to upload stuff ourself, so its more community based

J

jx233

Jake said:
If this happens it should have a number of posts requirement to stop spammers.

Umm.. how about 40 post minimum to gain that priveledge?

january39

eXo Staff
I think upload privs should be allowed to Admin or staff approved, otherwise we'll get all kinds of random stuff appearing. In the forums there is a place for apps etc of all kinds to be posted, so if it does well there then possibly be moved to the D/l section.

There's no restriction really (other than Mod) to what can be posted in the forum, so no-one is missing out.

I think the links from the forum to the arcade etc would be a great idea.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
At the moment a selected group of people have access to upload files. I am considering to open it up to all users but as pointed out, there would most definitely have to be a moderation system in place. Having a post count requirement sounds like the best way to (mostly) eliminate the possibility of bad uploads.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
At the moment a selected group of people have access to upload files. I am considering to open it up to all users but as pointed out, there would most definitely have to be a moderation system in place. Having a post count requirement sounds like the best way to (mostly) eliminate the possibility of bad uploads.

You should have a restriction on which file formats get uploaded too.

These file formats should be blocked from uploading:
.iso
.cso
.dax
.jso
.cue
.exe
.dll
.app
.prx
.bin

Anyone caught uploading those kind of files should be banned.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
You should have a restriction on which file formats get uploaded too.

These file formats should be blocked from uploading:
.iso
.cso
.dax
.jso
.cue
.exe
.dll
.app
.prx
.bin

Anyone caught uploading those kind of files should be banned.

I have to disagree with the .exe suggestion.
Don't think I can say at the moment but hopefully x3sphere will know why I'm saying this.

J

jx233

MenaceInc said:
I have to disagree with the .exe suggestion.
Don't think I can say at the moment but hopefully x3sphere will know why I'm saying this.

Updated my blocked file list:

.iso
.cso
.dax
.jso
.zso
.cue
.exe
.dll
.app
.prx
.bin
.rco
.rsc
.psar
.psp
.drm

If those files are uploaded, then the result is ban to whomever uploads them.

And MenaceInc, I think .exe should be blocked because unsafe software could be uploaded.