• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Game Icon Submissions

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
It can be pulled in automatically :)
Brilliant. I say go for it then.

The only downside to having a single label is the lack of little icons for the different platforms, like the PlayStation logo or a little N64 logo. Of course you go down that road and it would also be nice to have different colours for each platform too, like red for Nintendo platforms... but having a dozen more label colours in the game lists might not be the best idea, I dunno.

Unless different icons and label colours could be used with single labels while still staying together under the RA category? I don't know how it's set up.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Brilliant. I say go for it then.

The only downside to having a single label is the lack of little icons for the different platforms, like the PlayStation logo or a little N64 logo. Of course you go down that road and it would also be nice to have different colours for each platform too, like red for Nintendo platforms... but having a dozen more label colours in the game lists might not be the best idea, I dunno.

Unless different icons and label colours could be used with single labels while still staying together under the RA category? I don't know how it's set up.

They could, it might be difficult to get good looking icons for some of the platforms though. Not sure. I'd like to keep the platform icons in SVG format also.

I think there's like almost 30 platforms or so in RA, having different colors for all of them might be too much. I would be on board with the icon replacements though if we can find good ones.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
They could, it might be difficult to get good looking icons for some of the platforms though. Not sure. I'd like to keep the platform icons in SVG format also.

I think there's like almost 30 platforms or so in RA, having different colors for all of them might be too much. I would be on board with the icon replacements though if we can find good ones.
Oh cool. I would implement the label platform names first and keep the RA icon as a placeholder and add new icons as we find/make them. We already have a PlayStation icon and I'm sure an N64 one would be easy to find. A few platforms might be tricky but I'm sure we can figure it out. Maybe use little silhouettes for the handhelds like the default controller icon.

As for the colours I had a look at the platform list on retro achievements and if we stick to companies rather than individual platforms it's actually very reasonable. Nintendo covers like a third of the platforms, they could all be Nintendo red. PS1 can match the blue of PS3/PS4/etc. and Sega platforms, which are another large portion of them, could use the SEGA logo cobalt blue. Maybe orange for Atari or a different shade of red? There's not much left after that so it's really not that many. I think it would look good.

I think my brain would reject seeing SNES or N64 labels in blue, just wouldn't look right, you know? 😅

P

PortaledEdge

Oh by the way, when/if we do get this platform indicator for RetroAchievements, will we be able to sort by those consoles?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh by the way, when/if we do get this platform indicator for RetroAchievements, will we be able to sort by those consoles?

Yeah, could add that. I think it should be separate from the main platform filter though. Maybe when you click Retro from the platform dropdown, then a second panel would appear underneath showing all the sub-platforms you can filter from. Thinking it might be a good idea also to make the platform labels clickable, so that when clicked they filter your list by the chosen platform.

Sachifus

Yeah, could add that. I think it should be separate from the main platform filter though. Maybe when you click Retro from the platform dropdown, then a second panel would appear underneath showing all the sub-platforms you can filter from. Thinking it might be a good idea also to make the platform labels clickable, so that when clicked they filter your list by the chosen platform.
Excellent idea! I agree with this second panel.

P

PortaledEdge

Sounds great!

Sachifus

Sachifus

Sachifus

Last edited:

Quobbs

Hi, its me again
Adventure Communist <- (Google Play)
Adventure Communist.png

Antenna <- (Steam) (I resized to see better)
Antenna.png

Bullet Fuel - Endless Space Shooter <- (Google Play)
Bullet Fuel.png

Doodle God Blitz <- (WP)
Doodle God Blitz HD <- (Win 8)
Doodle God Blitz <- (Steam)
Doodle God Blitz.png

Golden Axe <- (Sega Master System)
Golden Axe.png

Kingdom Rush <- (Google Play)
Kingdom Rush <- (Steam)
Kingdom Rush.png

Kingdom Rush Frontiers <- (Google Play)
Kingdom Rush Frontiers <- (Steam)
Kingdom Rush Frontiers.png

Kingdom Rush Origins <- (Google Play)
Kingdom Rush Origins <- (Steam)
Kingdom Rush Origins.png

Kingdom Rush Vengeance <- (Google Play)
Kingdom Rush Vengeance.png

Mandagon <- (Steam)
Mandagon.png

Quobbs

It's me... again.
Dead Shell <- (Google Play)
Dead Shell.png

Drop Alive <- (Steam)
Drop Alive.png

Бесконечный кликер (Clicker)<- (Google Play)
Endless Clicker.png

Hero Siege <- (Steam)
Hero Siege.png

Showdown Bandit <- (Steam)
Showdown Bandit.png

Slide <- (Google Play)
Slide.png

Troll Face Quest USA Adventure <- (Google Play) (Change it name to Troll Face Quest: USA Adventure)
TFQ USA Adventure.png

Now some changes e.e

-Same image from
Deponia (GOG) in Deponia (Steam)

-Same image from
Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia (GOG) in Chaos on Deponia (Xbox One), Chaos on Deponia (PS4), Chaos on Deponia (PS4), Chaos on Deponia (Steam)

-Same image from
Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia (GOG) in Goodbye Deponia (Xbox One), Goodbye Deponia (PS4), Goodbye Deponia (Steam)

-Same image from
Deponia 4: Deponia Doomsday (GOG) in Deponia Doomsday (Steam)

-Same image from
Microsoft Mahjong (Windows 10) in Microsoft Mahjong (WP)

-Same image from
Doodle Tanks (Google Play) in Doodle Tanks (Steam)

-Same image from
South Park: The Stick of Truth (Uplay) in South Park: The Stick of Truth (Xbox One), South Park: The Stick of Truth (Xbox 360), South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4), South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3), South Park: The Stick of Truth (Steam)

And at last, change the name
Troll Face Internet Memes to Troll Face Quest Internet Memes (They forget the quest XD)

Is it for now u.u

Last edited:

Quobbs

Long time no see, isn't it? e.e

Adera <- (Google Play)

Adera <- (Win 8)
Adera <- (Steam)
Adera.png

Crashy Cats <- (Google Play)
Crashy Cats.png

Little Alchemist <- (Google Play)
Little Alchemist.png

Soda Dungeon <- (Google Play)
Soda Dungeon <- (Steam)
Soda Dungeon.png

Troll Face Quest: Game of Trolls <- (Google Play)
TFQ Game of Trolls.png

Troll Face Quest Horror <- (Google Play)
TFQ Horror.png

Troll Face Quest Video Games 2 <- (Google Play)
TFQ Video Games 2.png

Use this image
Rayman Legends (PS3) to replace:
-
Rayman Legends (Vita)
-
Rayman Legends (Xbox 360)
-
Rayman Legends (Xbox One)
-
Rayman Legends (Uplay)
-
Rayman Legends (Uplay Xbox One)
-
Rayman Legends (Uplay PS4)
-
Rayman Legends (Uplay PS3)
-
Rayman Legends (Uplay Xbox 360)
-
Rayman Legends (Uplay Wii U)

Use this image
Alto's Adventure (Google Play) to relace:
-
Alto's Adventure (Windows 10)

Use this image
Oh... Sir! The Insult Simulator (PS4) to replace:
-
Oh... Sir! The Insult Simulator (Google Play)
-
Oh... Sir! The Insult Simulator (Xbox One)
-
Oh... Sir! The Insult Simulator (Steam)
-
Oh... Sir! The Insult Simulator (GOG) (Add the same background from other games here)

Use this image
Child of Light (Uplay) to replace:
-
Child of Light (Vita)
-
Child of Light (PS3)
-
Child of Light (PS4)
-
Child of Light (Xbox 360)
-
Child of Light (Xbox One)