• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Game Icon Submissions

Jarzor

I was going to continue, but I just saw that you are working on a feature that allows users to upload game icons directly, so I guess I'm going to wait for it. There are many Steam games with cropping issues on their icons.

P

PortaledEdge

Got some new stuff.

Use Octodad Dadliest Catch (Google Play) to replace:
Octodad Dadliest Catch (Steam)
Octodad Dadliest Catch (PS4)
Octodad Dadliest Catch (PS4) (2)
Octodad Dadliest Catch (Vita)
Octodad Dadliest Catch (Xbox One)
-Cropped better
-More telling of the game itself

Use Titanfall 2 (PS4) to replace Titanfall 2 (Origin)
-Better cropping and artwork

Use Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PS4) to replace Mirror's Edge Catalyst (Xbox One)
-Logo Included in PS4 version

Yoshi Topsy Turvy (Retro/GBA)
YoshiTopsyTurvy.png

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (Retro/GBA)
SMA4.png

Will be doing some more custom logos soon!

Quobbs

Tomb of the Mask <- (Google Play)
tomb of mask.png

WATCH_DOGS 2 <- (PS4)
WATCH_DOGS 2 <- (Xbox One)
WATCH_DOGS 2 <- (Uplay)
WATCH_DOGS 2 <- (Uplay PS4)
WATCH_DOGS 2 <- (Uplay Xbox One)
Watch_Dogs 2.png

We Were Here <-(Xbox One)
We Were Here <-(Steam)
We Were Here.png

Mario Kart Tour <- (Google Play)
Mario Kart Tour.png

Use this image Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3) to replace:
-
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Xbox 360)
-
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Uplay)

Use this image
Trials of the Blood Dragon (PS4) to replace:
-
Trials of the Blood Dragon (Xbox One)
-
Trials of the Blood Dragon (Steam)
-
Trials of the Blood Dragon (Uplay)
-
Trials of the Blood Dragon (Uplay PS4)
-
Trials of the Blood Dragon (Uplay Xbox One)

Use this image
Terraria (Steam) to replace:
-
Terraria (PS3 PS4 PSVita)
-
Terraria (Xbox 360)
-
Terraria (Xbox One)
-
Terraria (WP)
-
Terraria (Google Play)

Today is only it :D

If you have a game whose image is not nice, badly cut or just an image without a logo, send me a message and the game link so I can get a better image for it.

I particularly enjoy doing that so it would be a pleasure :3. Bye

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Hey it's been a while 👋
So I'm not sure what you'll want to do with these. The PS3/Vita/PS4 versions of Injustice 1 and Injustice 1 Ultimate have simple logo icons. I've made box art style icons that I think go better with the Injustice 2 icon, but you're the boss!

Injustice: Gods Among Us (360)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (G Play)
Injustice (PS3)
- rename to Injustice: Gods Among Us
Injustice (Vita) - rename to Injustice: Gods Among Us

injustice - 360.png

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (Steam)
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4)
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4)
<- duplicate? different region?

injustice ult.png

Injustice 2 (PS4)
copy icon to
Injustice 2 (Xbox One)
Injustice 2 (Steam)
Injustice 2 - Standard Edition (Win 10)
<- rename Injustice 2

I'll let you figure out what you wanna do with all that, thanks 😄

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Those look really good, thanks! Updated now.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Those look really good, thanks! Updated now.
Thanks, glad you like them.

Slightly off-topic but I've had an idea I've wanted to float by you for a while. You know compilation games that have big achievement lists with specific achievements for each individual game within them, like Halo: The Master Chief Collection? Would it be possible from your end to manually add separate entries for each game? (In addition to the original full list of course.) Basically just grouping all the Halo 2 achievements together for instance and having a separate entry for that list, and one for each of the other games.

I don't know if that's something you can do but I've always kind of liked how PlayStation often has separate trophy lists for each game in a compilation, like the Devil May Cry HD Collections and the Crash and Spyro Trilogies. But Xbox and Steam typically just slap them all together in one big list. Obviously some might not care for the separate lists in which case they could always hide them on their profiles.

It could also be done the other way around of course; the separate Crash Trilogy trophy lists could be combined to mirror the Xbox and Steam lists for those who prefer it that way.

Again, I have no idea how feasible something like that is, I don't know if it might cause conflicts in the database or just be too much hassle, but I wanted to throw it out there as it's something I've thought about often when browsing my profile. If it can't realistically be done then no worries.

Oh, unrelated quick question; can we submit icons for the manually added (no achievements) games too? Can't remember if I've asked that before, thanks.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks, glad you like them.

Slightly off-topic but I've had an idea I've wanted to float by you for a while. You know compilation games that have big achievement lists with specific achievements for each individual game within them, like Halo: The Master Chief Collection? Would it be possible from your end to manually add separate entries for each game? (In addition to the original full list of course.) Basically just grouping all the Halo 2 achievements together for instance and having a separate entry for that list, and one for each of the other games.

I don't know if that's something you can do but I've always kind of liked how PlayStation often has separate trophy lists for each game in a compilation, like the Devil May Cry HD Collections and the Crash and Spyro Trilogies. But Xbox and Steam typically just slap them all together in one big list. Obviously some might not care for the separate lists in which case they could always hide them on their profiles.

It could also be done the other way around of course; the separate Crash Trilogy trophy lists could be combined to mirror the Xbox and Steam lists for those who prefer it that way.

Again, I have no idea how feasible something like that is, I don't know if it might cause conflicts in the database or just be too much hassle, but I wanted to throw it out there as it's something I've thought about often when browsing my profile. If it can't realistically be done then no worries.

Oh, unrelated quick question; can we submit icons for the manually added (no achievements) games too? Can't remember if I've asked that before, thanks.

Yes, you can submit icons for the manually added games.

As for the other question, maybe. I don't think I want to actually split up the games in the database, however, it would be possible to add a flag to the game that indicates how it should be split up, and then the game information would render differently on the frontend depending on the user's settings. So if a flag was set for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we'd just show the other games under the main listing.

Only issue with that approach is the earned achievements count for each separate entry wouldn't actually be stored in the DB, so I'd have to think about how to handle that. And it might be problematic for sorting, since as an example we wouldn't actually be storing different last played times for the additional entries - maybe that's not a big deal though.

Also, each achievement would have to be tagged with the associated game so we actually know which one it belongs to. That would be quite a bit of manual work - though I could build an interface for it.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Yes, you can submit icons for the manually added games.

As for the other question, maybe. I don't think I want to actually split up the games in the database, however, it would be possible to add a flag to the game that indicates how it should be split up, and then the game information would render differently on the frontend depending on the user's settings. So if a flag was set for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we'd just show the other games under the main listing.

Only issue with that approach is the earned achievements count for each separate entry wouldn't actually be stored in the DB, so I'd have to think about how to handle that. And it might be problematic for sorting, since as an example we wouldn't actually be storing different last played times for the additional entries - maybe that's not a big deal though.

Also, each achievement would have to be tagged with the associated game so we actually know which one it belongs to. That would be quite a bit of manual work - though I could build an interface for it.
Cool, I guess because the manually added games don't have individual pages like tracked games I just assumed the icons couldn't be changed, now that I know I can submit icons for them I might actually make use of that feature. Oh, one thing I'm mildly concerned about regarding the icons - is there something in place that makes sure the custom ones never get replaced with the original icons? Like, during a database refresh or something? I would hate to have to resubmit everything at some point and ask to have them all changed again.

Ah, I hadn't considered the last played times and such. Perhaps rather than individual entries you could have some sort of "click to expand" option on compilation games, so you could click it and the individual games could appear under the main icon/achievement count. That could avoid having individual last played times and could also solve the problem of having some achievements that are spread across multiple games like in The Master Chief Collection (they could just be counted in the main total and not the individual games). Heck, you could also use it for games with DLC achievements too, which are already listed separately on the game pages. Yeah, I think that approach might solve a lot of potential issues, would probably look more tidy too. Maybe give users the option to have them always/auto expand if preferred.

Apologies for all the off-topic chat, I just can't help but think about all the possibilities of this site when I'm scrolling through my profile page, haha. Now then, some more icons:

PAC-MAN Championship Edition (Google Play)​

copy icon to

Pac-Man C.E. (Xbox 360) -> also rename to PAC-MAN Championship Edition​

pac-man ce dx+.png

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ (Steam)​

PAC-MAN CE DX (Xbox 360) -> rename to match above​

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX (PS3) -> rename to match above​

God there are lots of releases of that game and all the different versions of it. I might go through the rest some time but I got the main platforms out of the way for now.

pac-man 256.png

PAC-MAN 256 - Endless Maze (Google Play)​

PAC-MAN 256 (Steam)​

PAC-MAN 256 (Xbox One)​

PAC-MAN 256 (PS4)​

Normally I'd ask to change the names to match but I guess the mobile version is fairly different so the names should probably stay different to signify that.

Thanks as always 😄

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
^ Icons in previous post haven't been done yet.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Vita/PS3/PS4)​

copy to

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Steam)​

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Stadia)​

😊

Updated now, thanks! Regarding your question - there's no risk of the icons getting replaced. Though I do have the scanners setup to automatically update images if a change is detected, the manually added icons are stored separately and always get priority - so they won't be overwritten.

Also yeah, adding a click to expand option on compilation games is along the lines of what I was thinking of doing. That sounds good!

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Updated now, thanks! Regarding your question - there's no risk of the icons getting replaced. Though I do have the scanners setup to automatically update images if a change is detected, the manually added icons are stored separately and always get priority - so they won't be overwritten.

Also yeah, adding a click to expand option on compilation games is along the lines of what I was thinking of doing. That sounds good!
Okay that's a relief, sounds like you've set up a smart system for icon management.
Cool I'm glad we're on the same page for compilation games, I'm sure there are more pressing features to work on but I hope to see that some day.

Alright time to see if you regret allowing icon submissions for manually added games ;)
It may not be worth doing the manual platforms that have tracked achievement equivalents or really obscure platforms, but I've listed everything so I'll let you figure out what you want to do.

Super Hexagon (Google Play)​

copy to

Super Hexagon (Steam)​

Super Hexagon (Android - Manually Added)
Super Hexagon (PC - MA)
Super Hexagon (Mac - MA)
Super Hexagon (iPad - MA)
Super Hexagon (iPhone - MA)

There's also a Blackberry version but I can't find it in the platform list, haha

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (PS4)​

copy to

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Steam)​

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Xbox One)​

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS - Manually Added)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U - MA)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (PC - MA)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Amazon Fire TV - MA)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Xbox One - MA)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (PS4 - MA)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Switch - MA)

Something else I've been wondering about. I seem to remember you mentioning at some point the possibility of manually adding achievements to games that don't have any. Would that be easy to implement or perhaps even possible to do already? I know it would present some issues, like whether or not you'd want people to verify/prove that they've done something for a certain achievement and how it might mess with the EXP and points systems (I might suggest disabling them for such games if it's a problem) but I'm sure we could figure it out.

RetroAchievements covers an increasing number of retro games which is fantastic, but I'm particularly thinking about more recent Nintendo platforms like the Switch. Multiplat Switch games would be easy as you could just port achievements over from another platform, but man being able to show progress for something like Breath of the Wild alongside all my other games would be so cool.

Anyway let me know what you think. Sorry for turning this thread into my own personal icon submissions + exophase musings discussion, I can start a separate thread if you'd prefer of course, cheers 😄

Last edited:

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Just a reminder that I posted some thoughts/questions a couple weeks ago. I'm sure you've been busy with the new platforms coming out of course.

Icon made from a title screen, should scale down correctly.

sonic rush.png

Sonic Rush (GBA - Retro)​

Sonic Rush (GBA - Manually Added)​

Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4) <- (I noticed the PS4 icon is higher res than PS5, dunno what that's about)

copy to

Mortal Kombat 11 (Xbox One/Series)​

Mortal Kombat 11 (Steam)​

Mortal Kombat 11 (Stadia)​

War Thunder (PS4)​

copy to

War Thunder (Xbox One/Series)​

War Thunder (Steam)​

😄

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just a reminder that I posted some thoughts/questions a couple weeks ago. I'm sure you've been busy with the new platforms coming out of course.

Icon made from a title screen, should scale down correctly.

Sorry for the late reply - yes, I've been pretty busy with the new platforms. Updated those now. The original PS5 game icons are all squares now, we've been replacing them with custom ones that match the format of PS4 and earlier so far.

Example of the PS5 one... https://psnobj.prod.dl.playstation.net/psnobj/NPWR21249_00/b0ca5165-b152-46ce-9584-16b09baabafd.png

Even cropping them does not look good, so the only way to go was uploading custom ones I felt.

As for manually adding achievements, it wouldn't be too difficult to support that on the backend. However, it would definitely have to be separated from all the tracking stuff, and I don't think there would be a reliable way of proving those achievements were actually earned - but if they don't count towards any stats on the site, I don't see that as much of an issue. Probably the more time consuming thing would be, if we allowed custom images to be uploaded those would have to be approved/moderated before they show on the site. For multiplatform games we could just copy over the images from other tracked platforms as you mentioned though.

Also I've seen some other requests for it before on the site (in particular manually adding Uplay achievements), I can't say adding that is a huge priority but it is something I'm considering.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
As for manually adding achievements, it wouldn't be too difficult to support that on the backend. However, it would definitely have to be separated from all the tracking stuff, and I don't think there would be a reliable way of proving those achievements were actually earned - but if they don't count towards any stats on the site, I don't see that as much of an issue. Probably the more time consuming thing would be, if we allowed custom images to be uploaded those would have to be approved/moderated before they show on the site. For multiplatform games we could just copy over the images from other tracked platforms as you mentioned though.

Also I've seen some other requests for it before on the site (in particular manually adding Uplay achievements), I can't say adding that is a huge priority but it is something I'm considering.
Yeah I think separating it from the tracking/leaderboard stuff would be the way to go. If you could make it so the user could just scroll down a checklist of achievements and check them off themselves that would be the best way to do it, having to ask staff to check them off every time would be too much I imagine.

As for the achievements themselves I feel like keeping them fairly simple (mostly progression-based, collectibles, or other easily trackable things within the game) would be best. I wouldn't want to see an achievement and think "wait, did I do that?" and have no way of checking in the game.

I don't think having to approve the icons for the achievements would be terribly different to the current way custom icons are submitted. It would just be more work adding it all in on the backend I guess. You could always use generic achievement icons until a set themed for the game is made.

Huh, I didn't know about Uplay achievements going away. That... doesn't make much sense to me, given they have to put the work into making them for other platforms anyway, how strange. But yes I suppose manual achievements for Uplay games going forward would be nice and should be easy enough to copy from another platform.
Sorry for the late reply - yes, I've been pretty busy with the new platforms. Updated those now. The original PS5 game icons are all squares now, we've been replacing them with custom ones that match the format of PS4 and earlier so far.

Example of the PS5 one... https://psnobj.prod.dl.playstation.net/psnobj/NPWR21249_00/b0ca5165-b152-46ce-9584-16b09baabafd.png

Even cropping them does not look good, so the only way to go was uploading custom ones I felt.
Oh they've changed to squares? That's interesting.

So now both Xbox and PlayStation don't have icons that match the size used here... so we basically have to replace icons for both platforms going forward.
That... sounds like more trouble than it's worth if you ask me. I know having uniform icon sizing here is nice, but keeping the old PS3/PS4 format for new games doesn't sound like the best idea to me.

It might sound crazy but I think you have two realistic options here, either:
A. Switch to square icons going forward
B. Have a max width and max height, but no single uniform size

In both cases most icons would ultimately end up being square. Consider the benefits; Xbox One, Xbox Series and PS5 icons are all square by default. The PSN store also has square icons for many/most PS3 and PS4 games you could use, and the eshop has lots of square icons for Switch, Wii U and 3DS games. In addition a number of other platforms have square (or close enough) box art such as PS1, Game Boy, GBC, GBA, DS, Dreamcast and more. Of course that means including the box art overlays for those but that's better than most of the current auto-cropped icons for those platforms. Also box art for really any platform in general is SO much easier to crop to a square size so custom icons would be much easier to make. Heck, I bet you could automate the backend to crop box art from many platforms to square with pretty good results so you would need less custom icons in general.

If you went with option B you could keep the current icons for PS3 and PS4 and it would also make platforms like Steam (which have icons close to that size but not quite) fit properly. SNES and N64 also come to mind as they're close but I think those icons get a bit squished.

I think in either case you ultimately stand to gain more than you'd lose. It's just a matter of what's more important; having a uniform icon size (square) or having a maximum height and width (whichever is biggest) resulting in less icons that end up cropped badly and therefore less of a need for custom icons.

square icons.png

I think now would be the time to make the change so I'd have a good think about it.