• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Game Icon Submissions

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
retroarch8b.png

RetroArch (Steam)

26446.png

Deadpool (Xbox 360)​

Deadpool (Xbox One)​

Deadpool (Steam)​

Deadpool (Untracked - PC, etc.)​

:)

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
j16ej.png

Hotshot Racing (Steam)​

Hotshot Racing (Xbox One)​

Hotshot Racing (Untracked - PC, Switch, etc.)​

j6gjb.png

Pressure Overdrive (Xbox One)​

Pressure Overdrive (Steam)​

Pressure Overdrive (Untracked - PC, etc.)​

g76dg.png

Tri6: Infinite (Steam)​

Tri6: Infinite (Untracked - PC, Switch, etc.)​

^ So this is super weird. This game is on Xbox One (it's a Play Anywhere title, too) but it doesn't seem to have achievements? It came out last year so this is very strange. This has also brought to my attention that it looks like any Xbox games without achievements (seemingly this game, as well as back-compat OG Xbox games for instance) aren't tracked here, even though achievement-less games on other platforms like Steam are tracked. I wonder if this is something that can be fixed? Even when there are no achievements, it's nice to track the play time and last played date for games when it's available.

Last edited:

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Finally getting to the Pokemon games :D

ruby.png

Pokemon - Ruby Version (Retro - GBA)​

sapphire.png

Pokemon - Sapphire Version (Retro - GBA)​

emerald.png

Pokemon - Emerald Version (Retro - GBA)​

Pokemon Emerald (Untracked - GBA)​

firered.png

Pokemon - FireRed Version (Retro - GBA)​

leafgreen.png

Pokemon - LeafGreen Version (Retro - GBA)​

By the way it looks like changes to game names on RetroAchievements don't update over here (not sure if I've mentioned this before). The Pokemon games for instance have had the dashes taken out. Would be a good idea to refresh the database and pull over all of the name changes. Would be a pain to have to update them all individually.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
^ So this is super weird. This game is on Xbox One (it's a Play Anywhere title, too) but it doesn't seem to have achievements? It came out last year so this is very strange. This has also brought to my attention that it looks like any Xbox games without achievements (seemingly this game, as well as back-compat OG Xbox games for instance) aren't tracked here, even though achievement-less games on other platforms like Steam are tracked. I wonder if this is something that can be fixed? Even when there are no achievements, it's nice to track the play time and last played date for games when it's available.
I will take a look. One reason for that is MS actually tracks non-Xbox games in their API, it will pick up other games you've played on your PC and show the last played time. I'm not sure if they actually display that anywhere, but it shows up in the API anyway. So to filter these out we simply make sure all games have achievements, that way we can be sure they are actual Xbox games. Will see if there's a better way of doing that.

However maybe it would make sense to just whitelist the specific game IDs, since there's probably not too many Xbox games without achievements to begin with.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
I will take a look. One reason for that is MS actually tracks non-Xbox games in their API, it will pick up other games you've played on your PC and show the last played time. I'm not sure if they actually display that anywhere, but it shows up in the API anyway. So to filter these out we simply make sure all games have achievements, that way we can be sure they are actual Xbox games. Will see if there's a better way of doing that.

However maybe it would make sense to just whitelist the specific game IDs, since there's probably not too many Xbox games without achievements to begin with.
That makes sense. I would be great if there's an easy way to differentiate the native Xbox/Windows Store/Game Pass/etc. games from the rest, but if not then like you said whitelisting specific games would probably be the best approach. It should be easy enough to find a list of the back-compat OG Xbox games at the very least.

It would be nice if it picked up OG Xbox games played on the 360 too as a lot more are playable on there, but I doubt it does.

Agravaile

All Resident Evil titles for "Retroachievements":

Resident Evil: Director's Cut (For the PS1 version)
[RETRO] Resident Evil - Director's Cut (1).png

~Unreleased~ Resident Evil (For the GB version)
[RETRO] -Unreleased- Resident Evil.png

Resident Evil: Gaiden (For the GBC version)
[RETRO] Resident Evil - Gaiden.png

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (For the NDS version)
[RETRO] Resident Evil - Deadly Silence.png

~Prototype~ Biohazard 2 | Resident Evil 1.5 (For the PS1 version)
[RETRO] Biohazard 2.png

~Prototype~ Resident Evil 2 (For the GBA version)
[RETRO] Resident Evil 2 Prototype.png

Resident Evil 2: DualShock Ver. (For the PS1 version)
[RETRO] Resident Evil 2 - Nintendo 64.png

Resident Evil 2 (For the N64 version)
[RETRO] Resident Evil 2.png

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (For the PS1 version)
[RETRO] Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis.png

Resident Evil: Survivor (For the PS1 version)
[RETRO] Resident Evil - Survivor.png

Hope this would make all the entries more clean looking!

Last edited:

Agravaile

On a better thought, for consistency sake, all icons being kept the same across all other platforms, this one would suit the best to be applied for the three platforms, since the prior ones were chosen to differentiate the three versions. But, one per platform being a rule, this would fare better:
[RETRO] Resident Evil 2.png

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
On a better thought, for consistency sake, all icons being kept the same across all other platforms, this one would suit the best to be applied for the three platforms, since the prior ones were chosen to differentiate the three versions. But, one per platform being a rule, this would fare better:
View attachment 11462
I often match game icons across different platforms but it isn't a strict rule or anything. I've sometimes made different icons when it's made some sense to. Take Borderlands 3 for instance, the Steam page used different artwork than the artwork seen on the box art so I used that.

Though in the case of Resident Evil 2 that new icon you've submitted may be the best to use anyway. It looks good in terms of artwork, logo size and framing. Nice job.

Agravaile

I often match game icons across different platforms but it isn't a strict rule or anything. I've sometimes made different icons when it's made some sense to. Take Borderlands 3 for instance, the Steam page used different artwork than the artwork seen on the box art so I used that.

Though in the case of Resident Evil 2 that new icon you've submitted may be the best to use anyway. It looks good in terms of artwork, logo size and framing. Nice job.
Yeah, while not necessarily a rule, but if things are done one way, i think it's best to stick to the initial plan so there would be consistency when browsing through the lists. But yeah, exceptions like Borderlands 3 are also to happen where i agree with your choice!

Thank you so much! I hope i would be of any help sorting out the Retro stuff, especially when there's a ton of those that need extra attention. I'm also planning to submit more, and i try to be very strict with the icons as to make them as close to original as possible, so if there's any that you may think doesn't fit, please don't be shy to tell me, because i often find myself having different looking variants that i can't decide which would look better, while technically all of them are correct.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Yeah, while not necessarily a rule, but if things are done one way, i think it's best to stick to the initial plan so there would be consistency when browsing through the lists. But yeah, exceptions like Borderlands 3 are also to happen where i agree with your choice!

Thank you so much! I hope i would be of any help sorting out the Retro stuff, especially when there's a ton of those that need extra attention. I'm also planning to submit more, and i try to be very strict with the icons as to make them as close to original as possible, so if there's any that you may think doesn't fit, please don't be shy to tell me, because i often find myself having different looking variants that i can't decide which would look better, while technically all of them are correct.
I definitely appreciate the help with Retro icons as like you said they could use some extra attention. If you have multiple variants and aren't sure which one to go with feel free to post them and I'll be happy to share my thoughts on them, offer any advice, etc.

I've uploaded all the icons you've submitted aside from the Biohazard 2 icon. It looks cool but I'm not sure "prototype" should be in the icon as it's not part of the actual game title. Any chance you can resubmit the icon without it? Aside from that, all of those icons are solid, thanks!

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Right, just wanted to point out that I've joined the admin team as a Game Info Editor, primarily to help with uploading icons so I'll probably be the one approving and uploading most of the icons submitted in this thread going forward. I'd love to see more people get involved so feel free to submit icons for any games that need them and I'll do my best to upload them in a timely fashion! If you have any questions or queries feel free to point them my way and anything I can't answer I can pass along, thanks.

Agravaile

I definitely appreciate the help with Retro icons as like you said they could use some extra attention. If you have multiple variants and aren't sure which one to go with feel free to post them and I'll be happy to share my thoughts on them, offer any advice, etc.

I've uploaded all the icons you've submitted aside from the Biohazard 2 icon. It looks cool but I'm not sure "prototype" should be in the icon as it's not part of the actual game title. Any chance you can resubmit the icon without it? Aside from that, all of those icons are solid, thanks!

I would really appreciate your opinions and advices a lot, thanks!!! Especially helping with the choices whenever i can't decide for a fitting one i'm not sure of.

Thank you so much for uploading them, i'm so happy to see the lists looking much neater now! As for the "Biohazard 2 (Prototype)" i was in doubt for it myself, i even uploaded one without the "prototype" logo at first, but then seeing "prototype" in the title made me think about adding this detail. Though i agree with you it's not necessary, especially since i've seen mentions about removing those prefixes, and it should be quite clear to which game the achievement pack would exactly refer to, so i agree with you there! Uploading the previous version without the Protype subtitle.

~Prototype~ Biohazard 2 | Resident Evil 1.5
Biohazard 2 (No proto).png

Right, just wanted to point out that I've joined the admin team as a Game Info Editor, primarily to help with uploading icons so I'll probably be the one approving and uploading most of the icons submitted in this thread going forward. I'd love to see more people get involved so feel free to submit icons for any games that need them and I'll do my best to upload them in a timely fashion! If you have any questions or queries feel free to point them my way and anything I can't answer I can pass along, thanks.

That's very good to hear, congrats! No easy job sorting out all of these lists, and i'm very glad there's more help for that, let's hope all our forum will take care of those in no time!

Last edited: