• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Game of the Year

twelve

I'm not dead
I love GTA4 but it just lacks something that made all the other 3D predecessors GOTY quality. I can't put my finger it, but I think it has to do with the realism.

Madden is alright but I can buy the last one for 5 bucks and experience nearly the same game.
What GTA4 lacked was fun.

The most fun thing about it was a glitch. Specifically the swing sets that launch you across the map.

Seth

MD Party Room
Metal Gear Sold 4
Braid
Burnout Paradise
Fallout 3
GTA 4
Left 4 Dead
NlH 09
No More Heros
Resistance 2
The world ends with you

Winnder Metal Gear Sold 4

Adiuvo

It's nice to see that The World Ends With You got a recommendation. Most professional sites don't seem to notice it.

Seth

MD Party Room
It's nice to see that The World Ends With You got a recommendation. Most professional sites don't seem to notice it.

Yea I really enjoyed that game..

Joey

Gotta add in Fallout 3 now (despite the untimely crashes).

I'm playing the game maxed out with the HD skin patch... FUCKING GORGEOUS.

Great game too, I didn't expect the voice acting and story to be so good.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I got about 40 hours into the game. Then I got bored and stopped playing it. I'm just not and RPG kind of person.

Slasher

Suck It
So you're not an RPG person but you logged 40 hours into the game? I'm sure you had some sort of fun for the majority of those hours

Adiuvo

Gotta add in Fallout 3 now (despite the untimely crashes).

I'm playing the game maxed out with the HD skin patch... FUCKING GORGEOUS.

Great game too, I didn't expect the voice acting and story to be so good.

Download the pirated copy and apply that finalfix by Skullptura. I haven't had any crashes not related to bad mods since then.

Joey

Download the pirated copy and apply that finalfix by Skullptura. I haven't had any crashes not related to bad mods since then.

Do I have to get a pirated version? I can't apply it to my legit copy?

I'm not even sure if the crashes are because of that mod either... It's not even really worth it, It's only crashed 3 times in 20+ hours of gameplay, it's just happened at 3 bad moments. Two of the times, I thought it had been a while since I quick saved (although it wasn't so bad), and the third time, I had just gotten killed, so I was already kind of pissed.

Not really a huge problem.

Adiuvo

I don't know for sure, it's just that on his Mininova page a few comments said that the patch only works with the copy he uploaded.

Quicksaving did tend to crash me alot before that patch. It's probably system based, since some people say that they've never crashed, with the patch or without.

Robby

Los Doyers!
So you're not an RPG person but you logged 40 hours into the game? I'm sure you had some sort of fun for the majority of those hours
Well yea it was fun, also the fact that that's the only 360 game besides Gears of War2 that I have at the moment and I can only play offline.
Then I stopped playing and I have no desire to start again.

Joey

I don't know for sure, it's just that on his Mininova page a few comments said that the patch only works with the copy he uploaded.

Quicksaving did tend to crash me alot before that patch. It's probably system based, since some people say that they've never crashed, with the patch or without.
Actually I think it was V.A.T.S. that crashed me on all three accounts.

If there's one problem I have with this game, it's that it doesn't appear to manage RAM very well. When I start the game, it's buttery smooth, at least 40-50 fps me thinks. But after a few firefights, or after I go through a few doors (ie, let the game load more areas), it goes down to about 25 fps when I'm outside. There's a lot of parts when I'm outside that slow the game down. It's not unplayable, just sort of distracting.

I know it's not my machine, because like I said, the game runs beautifully maxed out, and the game loads in no time (initial game load time is about 2-4 seconds), but for some reason, the more I play, the less consistant the fps gets.

Hopefully, they'll patch this.