• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Game of the Year

Seth

MD Party Room
Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2, and Gears of War 2 all got nominated, but when it came down to it, Fable 2 walked away with X-Play's Game of the Year award.

Here the rest of them

Game of the Year

* Fable II

Most Original Game

* Braid

Best Gameplay Innovation

* “Level creation/sharing” – LittleBIGPlanet

Best Multiplayer Game

* Left 4 Dead

Best Action/Adventure Game

* Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Best Sports Game

* Madden NFL 09

Best Shooter

* Left 4 Dead

Best RPG

* Fallout 3

Best New Character

* Drebin 893 – Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Best Art Direction

* LittleBIGPlanet

Best Animation

* NBA 2K9

Best Writing

* Grand Theft Auto IV

Best Original Soundtrack

Best Sound Design

Best Downloadable Content

* Rock Band 2 - DLC songs

Best New Downloadable Game

* Braid

Best Strategy Game

* Sins of a Solar Empire

Best Racing Game

* GRID

Best Music/Rhythm Game

* Rock Band 2

Best Handheld Game

* The World Ends With You

Best MMO

* Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

If you feel like watching it here you go

G4 - Stay Connected

Also I really kinda wired out...No more Heros just about got nominated for just about everything. But won none of the awards and wasent even in the whole game of the year thing...

And Best Racing Game should have not been grid...

Seth

MD Party Room
Ign and gamespot gave it 8.0 and I think xplay gave it a 5 our of 5...I dont feel it better to burnout..

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I heard Grid sucks?

I loved GRID more than any recent racing game. It was and probably is the most difficult racing game I've played to date on the normal difficulty - racing for 20 minutes straight without any errors takes some patience

Adiuvo

Fair list from G4, which is surprising. X-Play was always the best show on there.

Seth

MD Party Room
With the amount of crap EA put out this year I found a good list of there best ones for 2008..

* Boom Blox — 85
* Burnout Paradise — 88 (360), 87 (PS3)
* Battlefield: Bad Company — 83 (360), 85 (PS3)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 — 81
* Crysis Warhead — 84
* Dead Space — 89 (360), 88 (PS3), 85 (PC)
* Left 4 Dead — 89 (360), 89 (PC)
* Spore — 84
* Rock Band 2 — 92 (360), 91 (PS3)
* Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning — 86

As well as the rest of the crappy high scoring sports games.. Madden,Tiger Woods,NHl,NCAA,.....
Might I also add quite a few of these are actually only published by EA not developed

Why the hell MTV felt like giving everything on 360 a extra point over Ps3 is unknown to me....

MTV Multiplayer These Are The 17 EA Games That Critics Really Liked In 2008, With One Glaring Omission

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
psp- Metal gear Portable Ops +
360- Gears2
DS-mario

Vee

Even though games like LittleBigPlanet and MGS4 deserve it, Grand Theft Auto 4 will get it.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
I can not believe this is GTA IV as the GOTY. GoW2 and Fallout 3 surpassed that game by a mile.

Negiotiation HAD to be involved.

Slasher

Suck It
I can not believe this is GTA IV as the GOTY. GoW2 and Fallout 3 surpassed that game by a mile.

Negiotiation HAD to be involved.

I can see GTA 4 grabbing the title. No surprise there. It has sold a ridiculous amount of copies world wide, had the biggest opening week a video game has ever had, and it's an overall solid game imo.

I doubt there was any "negotiation"s. Numerous other gaming sites have ranked it as GOTY as well.