• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 2

Mraellis

What are you on with Joey? The single player is really good. Doesn't seem disjointed to me. Hard when it's meant to be and easy when it's meant to be.

The "new old" maps are really good.

I definitely like this way more then gears one. Despite my college tutor kicking my ass in a game.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
its pretty sweet, im donwloading my map pack right now.
I also got an RC tank from best buy just for pre-order and buying the game.
The case,art book, picture all of it worth 70$ I well say so far this game is an must buy.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
[STRIKE]I can't get my gold lancer.... code:80070570[/STRIKE]
nvm fix'd, if anyone else is getting this try restarting your xbox, del the map pack data then re-download the gold lancer! data first. Then it should work.

Joey

Mraellis said:
What are you on with Joey? The single player is really good. Doesn't seem disjointed to me. Hard when it's meant to be and easy when it's meant to be.

The "new old" maps are really good.

I definitely like this way more then gears one. Despite my college tutor kicking my ass in a game.
It just feels sloppy... The level's don't feel as well put together as the ones in Gears 1...

Keep in mind, I'm only on like, the third or forth chapter of the first Act 1. It's just not impressive so far...

And like I said, I sucked at the MP in the first one, and had no expectation that I'd like it in this one, so I'm not really disappointed. Not that the MP is bad, I'm just bad at it.

hippie

Joey said:
And like I said, I sucked at the MP in the first one, and had no expectation that I'd like it in this one, so I'm not really disappointed. Not that the MP is bad, I'm just bad at it.

this is true

Robby

Los Doyers!
Its on the plastic card that has the flashback map pack on.
That thing has the map pack, 48 hours of live, and the lancer on it.

Sinfulfate

Gears 2 screenshot I took =)
Gears2.jpg

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Abe Froeman said:
Where is the gold lancer code to be found in the LE? Is it on the second disc or soemthing?
on the 48hr trial card, along with the 48hr trial is the lancer, and the map pack code

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Went through the campaign yesterday and tried a little Horde. Horde is fun as well.

The ending and last boss was beat though. Borderline unforgivable. Other than that, I had a very fun day going through this. The gameplay just clicks for me and I enjoy it a lot.

@Sinful - Solid screenshot.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm going to try to finish up campaign tonight...
The only game mode I'm playing is Horde with some buddies...
Matchmaking is starting to get a little better, but I still miss the old player match...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
This is my highest rated photo so far, almost 4000 points. Also, I want to get a group together to go through 50 Horde Waves one of these days.

334hnht.jpg

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
how did you get the pics from the 360?
And view?
Also the gold lancer is pretty sweet, shoots gold bullets too.:3

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Abe Froeman said:
This is my highest rated photo so far, almost 4000 points. Also, I want to get a group together to go through 50 Horde Waves one of these days.

[qimg]http://i33.tinypic.com/334hnht.jpg[/qimg]

I'll gladly be part of that group ;) I saw one of my friends last night on the 49th wave and almost joined him lol

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Pokemanz master said:
how did you get the pics from the 360?
And view?
Also the gold lancer is pretty sweet, shoots gold bullets too.:3

You use the Ghost Cam when you are dead and then take photos with the B button. Then when you are at the main menu, you can upload them to gearsofwar.com.

@Frozen - Just got to 19 without dying on hardcore or normal with hippie. I can't start another one tonight with the Giants game coming on at 8:30, not enough time.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Abe Froeman said:
You use the Ghost Cam when you are dead and then take photos with the B button. Then when you are at the main menu, you can upload them to gearsofwar.com.

@Frozen - Just got to 19 without dying on hardcore or normal with hippie. I can't start another one tonight with the Giants game coming on at 8:30, not enough time.
Thanks, also what did you think of horde mode?
Its pretty fun, and easy get into a game.
edit- Also story mode is really long when you put it on hard mode.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Horde is fun as hell. The enemy AI seems pretty solid, which adds a lot to that gametype.

The single player AI is much improved as well.