• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 2

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah Abe that's alright, I'm going to watching the game too - still not through the campaign (started on Hardcore difficulty). Over the weekend I haven't had much time to play because I was doing work around the house (those damn leaves, they coated our entire lawn...literally). Got a solid 2 hours in when I got back to my dorm but my head started killing me :/

I love how they show you the progress of your achievements in this :)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
FrozenIpaq said:
Yeah Abe that's alright, I'm going to watching the game too - still not through the campaign (started on Hardcore difficulty). Over the weekend I haven't had much time to play because I was doing work around the house (those damn leaves, they coated our entire lawn...literally). Got a solid 2 hours in when I got back to my dorm but my head started killing me :/

I love how they show you the progress of your achievements in this :)
Hardcore really adds more time to gameplay. So what chapter are you on so far?

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I got to like wave 20 so far, Id like to finish up to 50 sometime

On another note, is the matchmaking not working for anyone else? I absolutely cannot get into a game if Im not in a party. I have never once gotten into a game unless I am in one of my friends parties

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
androidkaita said:
I got to like wave 20 so far, Id like to finish up to 50 sometime

On another note, is the matchmaking not working for anyone else? I absolutely cannot get into a game if Im not in a party. I have never once gotten into a game unless I am in one of my friends parties

I can't get into any games alone

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
If anyone having problems trying get into a game, just back out and restart matchmaking takes few trys at first.
I don't really have this problem I get in a game pretty fast....
@Hardly me and this other party in private match found out it depends on each connection because it doesn't lag for other people. So its not host leader connection that lags the game. If it helps any.
@FrozenIpaq
I know the part you're talking about, im a little past that part.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Pokemanz master said:
If anyone having problems trying get into a game, just back out and restart matchmaking takes few trys at first.
I don't really have this problem I get in a game pretty fast....
@Hardly me and this other party in private match found out it depends on each connection because it doesn't lag for other people. So its not host leader connection that lags the game. If it helps any.
@FrozenIpaq
I know the part you're talking about, im a little past that part.

I'm a bit past it as well right now and am just finding out that I still have a ways to go to beat the game. Putting the difficulty in hardcore to start out with definetly adds a hefty amount of time to the overall gameplay time - glad I started with it rather than normal

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I started on Hardcore as well for my first playthough, it was a good difficulty setting.

I also started a new game with a buddy I used to work with on Insane and we couldn't get past a Brumak on the first level. It's the one that shows up in front of you that the Betty rams in the small cutscene. That damn thing fires like two volleys of rockets every time. The first one drops you down to your knees and the second one makes hamburger of you. From the second that thing hits the horizon, I go full out on the Troika to blow up the rocket part....

We tried about 10 times and then I had to turn it off or else I was going to make the evening news for throwing a controller through someones chest.

Moose

Meta Moose
Abe Froeman said:
I started on Hardcore as well for my first playthough, it was a good difficulty setting.

I also started a new game with a buddy I used to work with on Insane and we couldn't get past a Brumak on the first level. It's the one that shows up in front of you that the Betty rams in the small cutscene. That damn thing fires like two volleys of rockets every time. The first one drops you down to your knees and the second one makes hamburger of you. From the second that thing hits the horizon, I go full out on the Troika to blow up the rocket part....

We tried about 10 times and then I had to turn it off or else I was going to make the evening news for throwing a controller through someones chest.
I've had times when I haven't turned my console off... the Sky remote was the first thing I saw and could grab hold of fast enough to throw across the room. My mum wasn't happy when she saw the state of it. :p

Funny how frustrated one can get from playing a game.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I just finish all 50waves, wasn't easy since someone always quit. Also you do not need do all waves at once, just host an private match and go to the wave you left off on and finish with an friend.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Hardly said:
Not really, you just have to hold out until the lights enable again.
I was playing it on Insane and it get extremely hard to hold down that area.

I found playing on Gridlock the best.

Joey

Play Hail, and just camp the bridge... Grenades spawn up there, so you can keep planting those, and between rounds, you can go pick up a mulcher.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Horde is the best mode in this game.
Matchmaking is still eh and campaign is alright if you play with someone.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Do horde on gridlock, camp the pistol, wait for a mauler, take its shield, and your good to go. Plant the shield in front of the stairs/pistol ammo, and your set, all of the really strong enemies cant kick down shields (boomers, bloodmounts) but make sure to pick up the shield after every round or it will dissappear