• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 2

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
James. said:
I still have it, it says "Game Over"
hmm... I only have the gold lancer code....I can't think of anything that I have is free right now.:p
edit- I did have the cod4 mappack code I got for free... but its not showing up in my history.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
James. said:
Here's the website I found it from:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1031599

Very Organised :)
you can't get ban for downloading this stuff?
Anyone knows? I don't want them send me an message later saying I got bad for downloading an gears of war2 theme:p
Edit- DARN IT, didn't take long for them to patch it. all the limited stuff cost 99999 points now.
So I im guessing at a point the golden hamerbrust was free.

Mast3r_Shak3

I got a chance to play this game over the weekend... nothing short of amazing imo. EXCEPT grenade knockdown in multiplayer is fucking annoying..

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I hope they roll the shotgun back to the way it was for the first game. That was the one gun that I thought didn't need any tweaking and made the Gears online experience what it was, tactical ranged gameplay and up close mayhem.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
The update came today along with 175 easy achievement points

Zx30

Beto
Gears of war 2 multiplayer pisses me off. There is alot of things that irritate me, but the number one thing that irritates me are FRAGS STICKING TO THE WALLS. It's completely bullshit. They detonate INSTANTLY, and you have to go around every single f'ing corner real slow like just to go through it. Sometimes the grenades are stuck in impossible to see corners and you can't do shit about it. It's VERY irritating.

Zx30

Beto
The thing that pisses me off the most is inconsistent shotguns. I shoot you 3 times, you turn around and one shot me. What the Fuck.

Oh yeah that does happen from time to time. But It's sad, I don't even play GOW2 online just because of the Grenade sticks. It ruins the whole point of the game.

This is not to be a fucking trap infested game. These dudes go in and shoot shit until everything dies. Come on, take the sticks out for god's sake. It's practically a free kill since the grenade never explodes and it ONLY explodes when someone comes across it(Which is usually freaking far) or if you shoot it.
But here is the thing, you need to waste time shooting it which reveals your position and it leaves you vulnerable for attack. Also, you'll most likely never see the grenades now a days. Players are getting sneaky in hiding those damn thing. Putting them in near damn impossible to pass areas.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm down to play some Horde tonight if anyone is interested. Or some single player co-op.

I still want to go through and do an Insane run.

Sinfulfate

I don't understand whats up with all the hate towards Gears 2 multiplayer. Do you guys not remember how broken the Gears 1 multiplayer was? Everything Epic did in Gears 2 was to balanced everything out so every weapon would be useful. Most of the weapons in Gears 1 were useless and as long as you had the shotgun and sniper you could easily own anyone.

You can't go into Gears 2 multiplayer with mindset that's its anything like Gears because its not and besides two piecing none of the techniques people used in the first game will work in Gears 2.

@Zx30
In all the levels theirs always a way to shoot down a grenade if its tagged somewhere or at least get pass it. For levels like Blood Drive where people plant grenades on a side of a wall in the grenade spawn area you can just just dive right in hugging the opposite wall and it wont kill you. Gears 2 is just a slower paced game than the first which is what it always was suppose to be.

EDIT: Im up for some horde or insane abe. I just need to beat the last act on insane and need the new achievements for horde in the flashback maps.

Joey

I'm down for Horde, co-op, MP, what ever... Just let me know. Especially since the new patch is out.

Zx30

Beto
anyone still playing?

EDIT: To Sinfulfate:I still say grenades tagging to wall(Only for frag) is rigged. You have to waste too much time looking across walls for frags now. I'd say it would be okay if it was just a delay timer on it. As of now, the damn thing is instant. There is no way to escape it. Also, you can plant grenades on the floor. Placing it in tight corners would make it almost impossible to detonate.
BTW, The game has actually fastened its pace. There are now 5 players to a team. How can more players slow down the action?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Insane is so unforgiving.

I'll be up for some more tonight and most of the weekend if anyone is interested. I think I am dog sitting two dogs all weekend at my place, and there's no way I am leaving them alone to wreck the place. So I'll be down for some Horde and MP as well. I'm really trying to get back into this game. I've exhausted R2 for the time being now that I maxed out all the character classes.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The update made the game that much enjoyable.
Matchmaking is fast for me now, takes about 10 seconds to get in a lobby.
The only thing I dislike at the moment is the smoke grenades. I hate how they knock you down. Also, the chainsaw is like a giant vacuum and sucks you in.

Joey

I'm fucking done with this game...

For 10 straight games, I got stuck with the shitty teammates, who either played like they got the game 10 minutes ago, or just outright quit after one round. I'm done. This game is going up on Goozex. Maybe I can pick up Street Fighter 4 with it or something.

PS The shotgun seems to work like a fucking sniper now. I got downed with 2 shots from about 20 feet on several occasions. Game is broken, I'm done.

Zx30

Beto
I'm fucking done with this game...

For 10 straight games, I got stuck with the shitty teammates, who either played like they got the game 10 minutes ago, or just outright quit after one round. I'm done. This game is going up on Goozex. Maybe I can pick up Street Fighter 4 with it or something.

PS The shotgun seems to work like a fucking sniper now. I got downed with 2 shots from about 20 feet on several occasions. Game is broken, I'm done.

Yeah I know what you mean. The game pisses me off too, but I'll be willing to give it another chance if anyone wants to play.

Who's up for some Horde on Insane or something?