• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

General Feedback

Seth

MD Party Room

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Just wondering if there is a way to hide all the sub forums of the sub forums in the Games Discussion Section. It looks messy imo.
We'll be reviewing the best way of displaying things (and/or offering options) but for now we're more concerned getting those individual forums some exposure.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
well, i'll pitch in my 2 cents about the change to individual sub-forums.

personally, i feel it's a bit of a waste of space, i don't think their has been enough traffic to the game discussion outside of core members, that in the end, your going to find many of the sub-forums containing one, or two threads, and not much else.

but i guess we'll see what happens.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
We'll see how things go once the tie-ins to the game pages (exophase.com/games) are up and running. We're already seeing lots of traffic with those in relation to achievements so time will tell; if it doesn't work out then we can revert. Nothing is set in stone .

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

personally, i feel it's a bit of a waste of space, i don't think their has been enough traffic to the game discussion outside of core members, that in the end, your going to find many of the sub-forums containing one, or two threads, and not much else.

The idea behind this is also to increase traction between the main site and forums. I haven't gotten around to it yet since I'm finishing up the XBL leaderboards, but we're going to link these individual forums to the game pages very soon, which should hopefully help promote discussion.

EDIT: Neil beat me to it!

TeamOverload

Exactly what I was coming in here ready to post, before I even read this thread. We have maybe 20 or so threads posted in on any given day? Do we really need sub-forums for individual games? I just don't see it proving all that valuable. I think the old Game Discussion section worked fine, and we could have a dedicated thread for each game or even a handful still related to a specific game. Having what will I would assume eventually become several different sub-forums for different games that are only going to have a handful of threads in each..just doesn't seem like the best revision. That being said, I'm always open to improvements so I can hope that it works out better than I feel it will :)

Seth

MD Party Room
Found this kinda odd not sure if it a bug or what but 47 out of 45 just does not add up lol

2390180_95731480_5300448

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Seem to be missing some trophies for that game, will get it fixed.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
alright, so just curious if a certain behavior that the forum does with reading news story's could be fixed(or at least explained.), basically i read most of the articles posted to the front page in the forum instead, and am often met with the "continue reading...", generally this is fine with many of the story's. but sometimes a story ends in the forum(i.e this one) which only links me to the front page story to continue reading the period at the end of the sentence.

also, if i might ask, why doesn't the entire article simply get posted into the forum post for the news article?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It is based off character count like Abe said. The reason we stick to excerpts rather than give a full view of the article is to encourage people to view the front page. And also, it's so Google doesn't get confused as to which page is the canonical source.

I don't think it's too inconvenient, personally.

SHERIFFBULL0CK

I like the concept of this site. Combining the XBOX 360 gamertags and Playstation IDs into one gamercard is a clever idea, and a nice solution for those message boards that limit the number of images/characters you can have in your signature. I only wish my exophase.com profile included my XBOX 360 achievements alongside my Playstation trophies. Also, Symantec seems to think this website is a threat and tries to block every attempt to access my profile. :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I like the concept of this site. Combining the XBOX 360 gamertags and Playstation IDs into one gamercard is a clever idea, and a nice solution for those message boards that limit the number of images/characters you can have in your signature. I only wish my exophase.com profile included my XBOX 360 achievements alongside my Playstation trophies. Also, Symantec seems to think this website is a threat and tries to block every attempt to access my profile. :(

Unfortunately we had a security issue last week, a hacker injected malware on the forums due to a vBulletin flaw (which has been fixed), so the warning should clear up within a couple weeks when Symantec rescans the site.

Also, we are working on getting Xbox profiles up. That's next on the agenda.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hi I am new and the generator doesn't work :/ It just goes blank

Could you provide us more information as to what browser you are using and if possible take a screenshot. It is working for me fine. Make sure you enter in all your information correctly

halowarlord

Could you provide us more information as to what browser you are using and if possible take a screenshot. It is working for me fine. Make sure you enter in all your information correctly

I am using Firefox and here is a picture.

ssffz.jpg

EDIT: The problem has to do with my privacy settings probably as it worked when i tried a different GT. Thanks for replying anyways :D