• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

General Feedback

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I am using Firefox and here is a picture.

ssffz.jpg

Your profile is private so we can't pull any info.

PR0fessor Burnt

I noticed when logging in that where is says username or email it has the word "password" in the box.
18f3d08464354cca38a264d00f55f002182aab72.png

also this pops up when I'm trying to upload images.
ff5c63c5b2f084bce639f09514747d44ff45bdc2.png

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I think the first problem has to do with your saved form information. I'm not seeing anything relating to that. I'll look into it more though but that I haven't observed it happening. I'll look into the picture upload now

EDIT: What is the file size of the image? EDIT2: File size is limited to 1mb but i have tried smaller images and am seeing the error that you are. Looking into it

TeamOverload

Mine actually showed the same thing today as Burnt. Haven't been on here in a few weeks, but when I went to login the word Password was in the username box. And then there appeared to be a saved password in the password box, but it wasn't my password for this site. Not really a big deal, just wanted to confirm that I have the issue as well, also on Chrome.

Also, I'm a member since 09 with over 1000 posts, not exactly a new member as my title would imply :p

And lastly, uploading an avatar did not work. Image was 200x200 .jpg, got no errors, but it doesn't show up, and shows a broken image here on my end at least.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Avatar and attachment uploads should be fixed now. You'll have to re-upload if it failed previously. The Password thing seems to be a Chrome bug, deleting any saved password entries for *.exophase.com fixed it for me.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's weird that my saved info is like that, I haven't asked chrome to remember my password for a couple of years now.

Saved form data is different than saved passwords. It's like auto-fill. I have chrome as well and haven't noticed it yet - it's a chrome thing, not so much a forum thing as x3sphere pretty much said

LocutusEstBorg

I find the colours too light on the new forum. I'm unable to tell the difference between different elements such as sequential posts, quotes, sticky threads, post buttons, signatures etc. and I'm on a calibrated IPS monitor. Maybe the colours should be more contrasting or they should have darker borders.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I find the colours too light on the new forum. I'm unable to tell the difference between different elements such as sequential posts, quotes, sticky threads, post buttons, signatures etc. and I'm on a calibrated IPS monitor. Maybe the colours should be more contrasting or they should have darker borders.

I haven't noticed the issues/difficulties you are describing. The only thing I have noticed with the default theme / color scheme is how it may be more difficult to quickly differentiate between posts/threads but that's just a minor thing - there's less visible separation between the posts I think. I think you may like the MFM Throwback theme if this is the case though -- style changer is on bottom of the page.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Yes that's much better. The text size under the avatars is too big in the MFM theme. Most user names are being wrapped to the next line.
I tweaked the css for this section; should be better now.

Seth

MD Party Room
Are you still working on a iOS app or mobile page for us since this change is now underway?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Are you still working on a iOS app or mobile page for us since this change is now underway?

Waiting on XF 1.2 which will include built in support for mobile. It's due out end of this quarter, so thought we might as well wait.

Seth

MD Party Room
Cool cant wait Just hope it better then Vb mobile

MenaceInc

Staff Member
So gif avatars don't appear to be animated anymore?

Also, I can't post/save editted posts with Alt+S

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So gif avatars don't appear to be animated anymore?

Also, I can't post/save editted posts with Alt+S

I need to install some PHP extension to get animated avatars working properly, it's on the todo list.

Also, it appears the reply button is already mapped to alt+s and since the popup doesn't trigger a refresh the browser won't re-map. There may be a workaround, I''ll look into it. Another option is to click "More Options" to visit a separate edit page where it will work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Animated GIFs work now, but I've found you need to upload an image that is at least 98x98, otherwise there's very noticeable tearing in the image. There's a bug with the upscaling I guess.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Animated GIFs work now, but I've found you need to upload an image that is at least 98x98, otherwise there's very noticeable tearing in the image. There's a bug with the upscaling I guess.

Doesn't appear to be working, at least not for me on Chrome 19. The resource for the avatar is still the same, yeah? It's still a gif image that is being loaded but just not played? Shows as a jpg in whatever the built-in equivalent of firebug is for Chrome. Dev pane? I dunno.

Just tested the Alt+S thing and yeah, works under More Options so guess I'll work with that for the moment. Thanks.