• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] Installing Custom Firmware Enabler

Adiuvo

Nice guide. Stuck :)

irekski

just irekski
-Load ISO's (you should own the original game)

-
[/B]

even if you have the original games. it is still piracy :) ive learned that ISO breaches copyright protection [thx to davee] so dont justify iso loaders is ok aslong as you have the UMD :)

HEN-A

Contributer
I dont think he is trying to justify it as having an ISO in the first place is illegal.I guess he is just trying to make so called anti pirates feel better about the whole idea.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
I didn't take offense, I did ask for improvements

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM EST ----------

even if you have the original games. it is still piracy :) ive learned that ISO breaches copyright protection [thx to davee] so dont justify iso loaders is ok aslong as you have the UMD :)

I just don't want to encourage piracy. In my eyes it's OK for people t have ISO's o their own games. At the end of the guide, i have discouraged the ISO loader

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM EST ----------

there are a few errors in this guide..

-you cannot enable/disable plugins via the VSH menu.
-you CAN use pops, thus PLAY PSX games. You just have to enable the pops plugin(search the internet for a guide on popsloader).

plus i think that personal thoughts do not belong in a guide.

Sorry, but i don't actually support the dev of this homebrew. I made this guide to stop people dumping questions in the other thread and to help the noobs. I feel that I should be able to express my views on the homebrew. Besides, no-one reads the end lol

I dont think he is trying to justify it as having an ISO in the first place is illegal.I guess he is just trying to make so called anti pirates feel better about the whole idea.

exactly, so anti-pirates who want plugins and oher features won't be shyed away by the ISO loader

Just for everyone to know....

My view on Piracy: I am at a split decision with piracy as in my eyes it would be OK for people to have ISO's of their own games so they don't have to lug around 17 UMD's. I have two conflicting views. One is 'In your face, money hungry corporate Bast***s who discourage all means of homebrew. And the other is, no don't pirate it will hurt the developers of the games and will discourage them. But I feel that you can download a game you don't have to try before you buy
Well, thats my view. Please don't flame

OK, have finished editing with feedback and info

Ps, Thanx Adiuvo for the sticky and people who 'repped' me

And sorry to everyone reading this, I have a tendancy to make long posts

One final point... I have a 3k and have never used this. Can someone tell me if after pressing X to activate it, does it return to the HEN XMB or OFW XMB

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM EST ----------

Since its not on the FAQ, will this enable the whole 64MB memory of slims to be used? I think HENR2 hasn't unlocked it (or so I thought).

shikamaru

I'm not sure as i have a 3k but ...

Can i have a confirmations of this. Can someone try something like HighmemoryMod browser to check how much RAM is used.

My guess is that it still uses 32MB

I'll put the answer into the guide when it comes, K?

Remington

graphic quality of games have reduced after applying this hack...........................this is true

If you start over the psp without loading the CTF again the quality is restored to normal?
I mean is this a problem only under the CTF?

Ps : i'm using this and i have not noticed the quality dump.

shikamaru

The thing is that I thought I was lazy, but i guess when it came to it, i did it. Maybe it was just the exitement of wriing my firt guide which funnily enough was my 101st post

molacules

man!!! thank you very very very much
I'm very very very happy now :)
I love you
thanks a lot shikamaru..
I waited sooo long for this
may God bless you........
and SONY....... PEACE ;-)

shikamaru

Dude, cool down. I just made this guide. i didn't make the app. If you love me SOOO why don't you marry me.... Just kidding, a little rep would be fine

shikamaru

Thanx but it wasn't much. Jst 10 mins of hardcore typing. I had all the info in my head already

Snowlight

No offense against Davee but can someone tell me why he gets credits for this app? Because he created hen? Do all the homebrew coder have to hail to davee after they make a homebrew? Guys this just a homebrew application that runs on a homebrew enabled psp. Davee is not involved with this app.
I think you ppl somehow need to understand. Davee created a way to use homebrew, not more, he is not involved in the homebrew apps itself. All i know is that you give credits to davee because someone made davee mad as those ppl made homebrew wich Davee "don't like". There are ppl who call this disrespect, because creating this app without davee's permission lol

I will tell you something :

Sony<-- disrespect (because he never asked sony for using an exploit to run his hen on a psp) Davee <-- disrespect(because they did'nt ask davee if they are allowed to make an app on hen. duh) those ppl who made this app...

This whole system is so stupid. All this respect, disrespect, credits and piracy things are big fuckin bullshit.

As i said first no offence against anyone, specialy davee, because i give credits to everyone who truly deserves them, Credits for sony who made my beloved psp, credits for davee who made hen for my 3k , credits for those dev's who made this app.

Sony is not able to control their psp after they're sold and davee is not able to control hen after he realese it(yes i know he could somehow).

Ahh man cant we stop fighting? It's all about crap. Make peace not war!

shikamaru

I agree now that Davee doesn't deserve credit for the app but he is involved coz the makers disrespected his wishes by adding ISO support to their app which runs on HEN

Snowlight

I agree now that Davee doesn't deserve credit for the app but he is involved coz the makers disrespected his wishes by adding ISO support to their app which runs on HEN

That doesnt make sense xD
I know the disrespecting stuff bugs some ppl
But dont you know the true meaning of credits?
Davee did nothing for this app, its just running on hen... but it could also run on cfw itself...
Maybe to gel all ppl happy you could write something like: "davee is pissed of by this app, if you respect him and his antipiracy stuff dont download this app"

Well of course iam sure there are ppl who respect davee but got this app xD