• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Guide] Play backups on any Wii without a modchip

kaioshade

Duality
The Twilight Hack has been updated to support the 3.4 System Menu.

kaioshade

Duality
I try. Seems a lot of people got burned by 3.4

Luckily a downgrade is possible

eighty4

It'll only become more and more like the PSP with Pandora batteries and the ability to wirelessly play it on your monitor. :p

Oh the day...the day.

kaioshade

Duality
Well considering 3.4 has been worked around i dont think Nintendo will be able to keep up. especially as long as we can downgrade.

Proxin

Does this mean it's safe for people with homebrew and such to update to 3.4? Or is it just that people who have 3.4 can now use Twilight hack and downgrade to another more supported version?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
DVD+R's (tried 3 so far) have all failed, guess today isn't my lucky day ;) I'll try more when I get back to school, have a very limited supply of DVD's to waste at home

kaioshade

Duality
The Wii is insanely picky about media it will read. I have a bunch of games, all of which work flawlessly on my system, but will refuse to load on my brother's console. I had to reburn all of them using different media.

matt

What kind? Every Sony DVD+R has worked fine for me. I burn all my games at 2.4X and have never had a failed disk. I got some DVD-R Verbatims now, and those are supposed to work better.

twelve

I'm not dead
I used non-branded -R's. From what I've read it's really fussy with +R's but most -R's are fine if burnt on a low speed.

Noriyuke

Hey thanks for this 12, i will be pirating games soon! ^_^

Noriyuke

Now lemme ask you this, my little bro wants brawl, and the ones i found is like 7 GB, what do i use for this? just any dual layer dvd?

twelve

I'm not dead
Now lemme ask you this, my little bro wants brawl, and the ones i found is like 7 GB, what do i use for this? just any dual layer dvd?
You need to find the DVD5 PAL version. It has all the movies ripped out so it fits on a single layer.

Always check the compatiblity lists.