• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo: Reach

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Highly doubt that. It's been a few years now (3) and it's still not on or even announced for the platform. It was also said, back just before it was released for the Xbox 360, that Halo 3 on the PC wasn't even brought up by Microsoft to Bungie and they haven't written a single line of code for a PC version. I just don't have high hopes for it coming out, if it was going to come out it should've already (before Reach's release)

valid point, of course when we have full speed 360 emulators on the pc(probably a decade or 2 from now), then it'll be on the pc=-)

James.

User Not Found
I preordered Reach at HMV today. Decided to go into the store to get it, since if I preordered it in the store rather than ordering it online, I'd get a free 800 Microsoft point card for free, too. Totally worth the trip in my opinion.

Praia da Luz, Portgual, for 12 days. xD Got back 2 days ago. Does that answer your question?

Nope, I havent seen you for agggggggggges.

I play it today. Epic story! I thought it was going be another boring and odd ending. not really, it was badass.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yup, the proper iso version got leaked so if you have a flashed xbox, you can play it and risk the ban.

Haha, just saw you on 360iso talking in the thread of the guy who got banned with LT.
Anyhoo... 4 days to release! :D
Hopefully abgx will get verified soon for it...

Robby

Los Doyers!
Campaign felt short for some reason, took me about 6 hours to beat it on normal.
I will say the enemy AI is actually a challenge this time.

Time to do some matchmaking :)

Oh and guys, remember to stay after the credits :)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Campaign felt short for some reason, took me about 6 hours to beat it on normal.
I will say the enemy AI is actually a challenge this time.

Time to do some matchmaking :)

Oh and guys, remember to stay after the credits :)

Took me 5 hours 10 minutes on Normal first try :)

And you doing Matchmaking NOW?!

Robby

Los Doyers!
Took me 5 hours 10 minutes on Normal first try :)

And you doing Matchmaking NOW?!

I think I did under 6 hours but more then 5 for sure, I played over too day and did the last 5 missions in 3 hours so rough estimate is 6 hours.
I got my financial aid check for school today, so buying a new xbox isn't an issue right now if the mighty banhammer strikes :D

There's about 2,000 players online right now.

I got a message that said something along the lines of, Thank you to all the early players for helping us tweak the servers, much appreciated.
They just reset the cR earned too and all playlists look like they are live.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I played for about two hours last night and so far the campaign is pretty fun. Haven't gone online for any MP though. If anyone is playing firefight tonight and you see me online, shoot me an invite please.

Joey

I actually want to play this, despite my general dismissal of the series. I think Halo has a pretty good story, I don't know why people shit on Halo 2 and 3's campaigns.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Noble Six, the character you play, is a fucking badass in this. I think this story was presented far better than any of the other games as well.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Let's Plays are so much effort. I recorded the whole campaign on Normal on September 1st, uploading the first of 22 parts on September 12th and have only just uploaded part 14 because it takes me an hour to render each part and 2 hours to upload it. I also just had to re-record a cutscene because during my original recording my HDD ran out of space midway through one, and it took SO LONG of going through the level to find the cutscene again, and I forgot I had changed my character so there will be a continuity error, and I bet someone points it out.
But oh well.
So yeah if anyone wants to see the campaign look on my youtube :)

Robby

Los Doyers!
I actually want to play this, despite my general dismissal of the series. I think Halo has a pretty good story, I don't know why people shit on Halo 2 and 3's campaigns.

I really disliked the Halo 3 campaign, it felt like it wasn't made the way bungie actually wanted it. It felt incomplete, rushed, and like they just did whatever so they can "finish the fight".

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Really liked the ending to this game but I didn't really enjoy the campaign as much as I hoped i would. One of my problems was the slight ghosting that plagued many fast-moving objects (not motion blur) or objects to the side of your focus. Hard to explain...

I also rushed through the campaign and beat it in about 4-5 hours and felt that the overall look of the game was on the darker side.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Really liked the ending to this game but I didn't really enjoy the campaign as much as I hoped i would. One of my problems was the slight ghosting that plagued many fast-moving objects (not motion blur) or objects to the side of your focus. Hard to explain...

I also rushed through the campaign and beat it in about 4-5 hours and felt that the overall look of the game was on the darker side.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I just thought it might have been the monitor I was using. Also, the framerate gets prettttty choppy in some parts. There were some sections (not many, but about 2 or 3) that just got really monotonous and I ended up just wanting it to end. But the other 90 percent of the campaign is very, very fun. The ending was pretty (forgive the cliche) epic. Did anybody else almost miss the last mission? After you've "beat" the campaign?

It was pretty sad/deep. No other Halo game has had such an emotion to it before.

As far as multiplayer goes, Headhunter is fun and hectic. I also like the new way to vote on maps/gametypes. The challenges are my favorite new addition. So far it seems like if you spend an hour or two you can knock the daily challenges out. It gives me a little something extra to work for each day. I'm lovin' it.

All in all, great fucking game, and definitely worth a purchase.