• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo: Reach

Deathrow

I finally got to play the demo the other day. I was quite impressed how Bungie changed the game from ODST and Halo 3.

Finishing moves, new array of weapons, new gear like jetpacks, and new maps really proves how much this game is worth. Yea, encountered a few bugs myself, but this just means the final is going to be so much better (lol, laughs at MW2 bugs).

As a somewhat Halo fan, I think that I will purchase Halo: Reach because Bungie has definitely taken this one to a whole new level.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
lol thanks, I'm thinking about subscribing for the Bungie Pro service which allows you to render videos now through their servers. Was just going to take a quick shot with my phone (decent camera quality) but I can't seem to find the match I was thinking of :( I did however find the double beatdown problem (almost instantaneous second beatdown) which was annoying

Yeah the melee system is currently the worlds most broken thing. Also, grenades are ridiculously overpowered. One DMR shot to you and you can die from a single grenade.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Im really in love with the Pro Pipe. Once you learn to use it it works really well especially in
invasion

Where is it in Invasion? I've only used it on Powerhouse and usually fail (apart from once when I picked it up and got 5 pretty sick impact kills in a row for a killing spree :))

PR0fessor Burnt

Where is it in Invasion? I've only used it on Powerhouse and usually fail (apart from once when I picked it up and got 5 pretty sick impact kills in a row for a killing spree :))

one of the tier 3 classes starts with one.

heres how to use it if you dont know how:

after fireing dont let go of trigger then when the grenade get to where you want it release the trigger and it explodes. also works great on vehicles cause it has a emp blast

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

It's in a loadout for the Spartans in the last 2 waves I think

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Ah crap how'd I forget that xP
Mostly because I've been playing way more Invasion Slayer...
I don't really like it though, the angle you have to fire it at is really weird and it has to come so close to people to kill them...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ah crap how'd I forget that xP
Mostly because I've been playing way more Invasion Slayer...
I don't really like it though, the angle you have to fire it at is really weird and it has to come so close to people to kill them...

Yeah it gets some getting used to and it's far from the power of the "noob tube" in MW in terms of ease-of-use, at least at first. I wish more people voted for Invasion Slayer, I really enjoyed it

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I have yet to play one non-lopsided match of Invasion Slayer. One team always gets ass raped.

I've been in some close matches, although as Spartans you really have to hold down the first objective (easiest to defend) otherwise it definitely gets tougher to defend with an uncoordinated team.

PR0fessor Burnt

I hate invasion slayer. I always play with 2 other friends so usually one of us is on the other team and that team gets raped. at least in regular Invasion people seem to be more coordinated

Robby

Los Doyers!
I have yet to play a game of Invasion where the Elites when, they always get to the part where you have to move the core and no team I faced yet has been able to do that.

I have yet to play as an Elite yet.

PR0fessor Burnt

I've won a few times as the elites. You need a lot of coordination and need to be able to communicate with your team to accomplish get the core all the way there

TeamOverload

So has anyone else had their division rank actually change? I went up one division in the middle of the season? I thought you were supposed to remain in whatever division you were assigned to. Not sure the cause of this.

Also, as a reminder, the last playlist for the beta Generator Defense (Network Test 1), should be going live sometime today.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
So has anyone else had their division rank actually change? I went up one division in the middle of the season? I thought you were supposed to remain in whatever division you were assigned to. Not sure the cause of this.

Also, as a reminder, the last playlist for the beta Generator Defense (Network Test 1), should be going live sometime today.

I've actually stopped playing the Arena once I got in my division. I much prefer playing Invasion or the Grab Bag now. The Arena was good while I was trying to get into the division but since they put us into divisions so early I didn't feel the need to play it anymore.

TeamOverload

Well the whole point of the division is to see where you stand against other people in your division, so it makes sense to place you into one early.

Generator defense was pretty fun, but far too easy to win on offense it seems. Not to mention there's no tie breaker which is something i have always disliked about Halo.

SvE Slayer which was put into Grab Bag is an unbalanced mess also. This could be Bungie's plan so they can see, just how unbalanced each side is, and attempt to balance it more closely for the final game. We shall see.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Figured I'd play a few games just to see if I could get any funny videos or good screenshots. This was the "WTF" clip of the night: me committing suicide with a rocket launcher only to have that very same rocket continue on it's uninterrupted path to get a triple kill.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZnZkuG3kFE[/yt]

I just took the video of my monitor with my phone so quality is far from good, but serves the purpose.

Also my favorite screenshot of the night coming off of double executions:

4613720843_66a989d5d8_b.jpg

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
This topic needs to be revived with Reach so close...
All the achievements were details by Bungie which is awesome, I just wish there were more Multiplayer achievements but hopefully more will come later like with Halo 3.
Apparently all human weapons are hitscan which will be absolutely amazing.
Also, which version is everyone going to get? I'm planning on getting the console version for various reasons :)