• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I went to go see Hangover 2 this past Sunday, a daunting task with a 4 month old. I enjoyed it overall, but I would have laughed more had I not watched the trailers. They really gave away a couple of the bigger laughs in them.

Riorio99

I saw Hangover 2 last week. I didn't hate it, but it was more of the same, just a little more extreme.
I wish I'd have gone to see Xmen instead.

xploren

Contributor
Saw Super 8 on Saturday. It's fantastic, most of the movie has a very Spielberg feeling to it like everyone's been saying, but Abrams's distinct style comes out in all of the monster scenes. All of the actors are great as well, and Elle Fanning really shines here.

That reminds me, I recently saw Somewhere as well. It's pretty underrated in my opinion, it's a great film about a guy who feels sorry for himself and his daughter through all his fame and fortune. It can get pretty dragged on sometimes (in fact, the opening scene itself drags on far too long), but it's worth seeing it all.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I went to see Bridesmaids tonight. Was really good, best comedy I've seen in awhile actually.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I want to see it ad well. Kristen Wig has been carrying Saturday Night Live for a few years now; she's pretty damn funny. It's just so hard for me to make it out to the theaters now.

Moose

Meta Moose
I'm surprised to hear that Bridesmaids is good. I felt the same as Andy when I saw the trailer on TV. It seems like the kind of film that has the same old factory regurgitated one-liners.

eldiablov

Contributor
Saw Hangover part 2 and thought it was pretty good. Better than I thought it'd be at least. Also, The Green Lantern was shit.

Moose

Meta Moose
Saw Hangover part 2 and thought it was pretty good. Better than I thought it'd be at least. Also, The Green Lantern was shit.

No surprise there. xD The trailer looked appalling! I've never really known much about/been into the Green Lantern but I thought they could have at least done a better job than that.

Seth

MD Party Room
I saw Tree of Life today, All I can say is WTF. I couldn't even conceive the message they where trying to get across. The film jumps around way way to much to even follow it then on top of that I dont understand the ending? [BLACKOUT]The end up having sold there house then spend 20 mins on a beach with about 30 other people hugeing and kissing and saying goodbye? [/BLACKOUT] Then there like half the movie with shots of space, the sea and some other abstract art. There same vague message about life and the 3 sons and a hard ass father and a sweet loving mother that I cant even warp my head around. Also when I walked in the movie at around 4:00 90% of the the seats where filled by really old people, I felt I walked in to a old timer film( but that besides the point) in the end some people understood it and some where like me asking what the hell. There was even this one chick crying at the end of it however my and my friends chouldent tell if she totally connect with the movie or just laughing at how stupid this movie was.

Also saw High Lane It was pretty good if your looking for something interesting on netflix give it a try.

Seth

MD Party Room
I saw horrible bosees last Friday best comedy I seen since Hangover..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Saw Horrible Bosses tonight. Great flick. Noticed Bunk from The Wire makes an appearance in it, haha.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Took my little sister to dee Harry Potter and Transformers over this past week. I didn't really enjoy either of them that much, but Harry Potter was by far the better of the two.

I've seen a couple of the Potter movies but don't really know the story. Can anyone tell me why Voldemort wants to kill Harry so bad? All I'm thinking while watching the movie yesterday was why does this snake faced dude have such a beef with this kid?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Saw Horrible Bosses tonight. Great flick. Noticed Bunk from The Wire makes an appearance in it, haha.

Cedar Rapids has the Senator from The Wire doing Omar impressions which is pretty funny, but a single 'Sheeeeitt' would have been funnier

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Took my little sister to dee Harry Potter and Transformers over this past week. I didn't really enjoy either of them that much, but Harry Potter was by far the better of the two.

I've seen a couple of the Potter movies but don't really know the story. Can anyone tell me why Voldemort wants to kill Harry so bad? All I'm thinking while watching the movie yesterday was why does this snake faced dude have such a beef with this kid?

Voldemort killed Harry's parents when he was 1 but Harry survived. As such, he's been prophesied in the wizarding world to be the one who kills Voldemort and Voldemort was trying to kill Harry first. Also, Harry has sabotaged many of Voldemorts plans to take over the world by this stage.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Harry Potter was good. It could have been better imo but it was still good.

Being a harry potter fan since I was little, reading the books and watching the movies, it's sad to see it end. The Harry Potter series was pretty much my childhood. I grew up watching the movies and reading these books.