• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

Moose

Meta Moose
So... I just finished watching both Transporter and Transporter 2. They are good films if you like action and 'one-man-defeats-all' type of movies, but tbh they aren't what I would call good in general. I was bored and I really enjoyed both of them so if you like action and stupendous stunt scenes then I suggest you watch them both. I'll definitely be going to see Transporter 3 in the cinema soon. :D

Anybody else got any films they watched today/recently that would recommend?

eldiablov

Contributor
I DO NOT recommend the 2008 version of The day the earth stood still.

I recommend Gran Torino
I recommend Seven Pounds
I recommend The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Mister Chief

I've watched an absolute fuck ton of films recently.

I have very recently watched Choke, Seven Pounds, The Shawshank Redemption and American Gangster. If anyone finds these little reviews informative I'll post some more since I've been watching a lot of movies recently.

Seven Pounds is pretty predictable and clich

Moose

Meta Moose
The Shawshank Redemption in my opinion is the greatest film ever made.

Verdict: See it

American Gangster is a very recent film based on a true story from the great director Ridley Scott. It features and all star feature and supporting cast which help to really flash out the characters and the world in which the story takes place. I watched the directors cut which is bordering on three hours but when watching a film with such brilliant directing and performances the time just flies bye.

Verdict: See it

Two great films. I would also recommend them to anyone, whether you like the genre or not. The Shawshank Redemption is one of my favourites... my Dad introduced me to it when I was younger and I didn't fully understand it, but I watched it recently and I understood why it is so widely appreciated as one of the greatest films ever produced.

eldiablov

Contributor
Few films I forgot:

If you are british you are bound to enjoy Snatch
I also recommend A Bronx Tale and Shawshank redemption. Two excellent films.

Please for the love of god do not watch revolver.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Choke is based on a novel Chuck Palahniuk who's work includes such novels as Fight Club. It stars Sam Rockwell who I rreally enjoy watching and he is very good in the role. If you like Palahniuk's writing style and previous work you will definitely enjoy this film.

Verdict: See it.

I'm going to check this out later, thanks for the recommendation.

I saw Cool Hand Luke for the first time today, I really enjoyed it.

birdman

I saw "the curious case of Benjamin button"

its a damn interesting movie, and was a good one to see with the girlfriend.

highly recommend it

Bran

Yell
I watched Death Race a few days ago, that was nothing but awesome action shit.

I also watched Shooter which was god awful, I hate Markey Mark tho.

Joey

The last movie I watched was the Dark Knight... Not as great as I remember back when it was in theaters.

Still worth watching though.

SeanyP

omg didn't know choke was made into a film!
cant wait to watch it!

Vee

I watched Seven Pounds, Changelings and Defiance.

I recommend all of them. Seven Pounds being the best.

chrono6456

I saw Frost/Nixon a week ago, it was pretty good for a person interested in the time period, like me. If your not interested and don't care about the time period, though, it will just be a really boring 2 hour movie for you.

Seth

MD Party Room
The Wackness

Stars Josh from Drake and Josh(On nice) As a Drug dealer with no hopes in life. And like old school Rap..The Wackness captures the spell of 1994--a time of pagers, not cell phones; a time when Tupac and Biggie were alive but Kurt Cobain had just died....

Very good movie I liked it.Grap the torrent that buy the dam movie..

ilyace

I saw Eagle Eye a few days ago, imo it was nothing special. Maybe worth a download (just my opinion).

eldiablov

Contributor
For all the brits here I would say to avoid dead set. It's quite interesting for a few episodes but the end pisses you off beyond all belief. Go watch 28 days later instead, great film and a good soundtrack too.