• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

Adiuvo

I hate Napoleon Dynamite. When I was younger I thought the cow scene was funny, but now it's just a film that tries to be funny, but ends up being stupid. Everything seemed forced.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Eh, I Saw Gran Torino, Good Shit +1 om that.

One i saw a long time ago which was flippin awesome and i saw it like 3 times in a row was Requiem for a Dream.

Yeah, I just came back from Gran Turino, I thought it was really good. I would highly recommend it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Gran Torino seems to be hit or miss for the people I've talked with. We went out to dinner with another couple last night, and both of them didn't like it at all. I think they were expecting a big budget blockbuster like all of Eastwood's last movies. Since it was going to be his last major acting role, I think he went out on a high note for sure. I laughed a bunch of times at how racist/harsh he was all the time. Like the scene where he walks into the barber and is like: "Hey Mike, here's that pussy neighbor I was tellin' you about." I thought the dialogue when he was being his harshest was the best part of the movie.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Gran Torino seems to be hit or miss for the people I've talked with. We went out to dinner with another couple last night, and both of them didn't like it at all. I think they were expecting a big budget blockbuster like all of Eastwood's last movies. Since it was going to be his last major acting role, I think he went out on a high note for sure. I laughed a bunch of times at how racist/harsh he was all the time. Like the scene where he walks into the barber and is like: "Hey Mike, here's that pussy neighbor I was tellin' you about." I thought the dialogue when he was being his harshest was the best part of the movie.

I liked this movie so much because it was more genuine than probably any movie I've seen in the past few years. It cut right through the shit and was just a relatable tale about an old guy stuck in the past who find new hope and new purpose in life. I swear, I almost cried at the end.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
That film and Milk are next on my list of stuff to see.

I really want to see Milk.

If anyone sees it, let me know how you thought it was.

BTW DJLonestar: If you update your profile to include your XBL GT you'll be number one on the gamerpoint scoreboard.

Chathurga

Milk is really good. Even though I doubt you'll care: If you're sensitive to man/man love then brace yourself ;)

I just watched Defiance, pass on it. Great story, not a great movie.

Seth

MD Party Room
I really want to see Milk.

If anyone sees it, let me know how you thought it was.

BTW DJLonestar: If you update your profile to include your XBL GT you'll be number one on the gamerpoint scoreboard.

A few of my friends saw it and they said it was good...

Tho I really dont care about California's first openly gay elected official..It still a good movie to some...It also got nominated for Golden Globe. Another 12 wins & 24 nominations

Seth

MD Party Room

Noriyuke

I agree to a lot of that, the way he was so harsh made him more... i dont know, comfortable to be around him again, and at the end i was really expecting him to be clint eastwoodish and go out guns blazin, but he did the smart thing, movie wise, sacrificing one life for the sake of others n all.

My B for tha Spoiler.

My mini review of Milk.

I went to see Yes Man last night.

What a waste of god damn time.

You didnt like yes man? I thought it was Decent, 6/10, at least it was mildly enjoyable. Cmon, give it that at least MisterCheif... :(

Yeah... Yes Man isn't that good. Some parts were funny - the parts you see in the commercials - but other than that, it was shit.

He tried dammit, hes still trying....