• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Sam3gX

Did you guys install the flash plugin from Cydia yet? If you watch videos from megavideo you should install it. It works pretty good. It's still buggy but it'll get better each release.

Robby

Los Doyers!
They need an official flash player plugin for the iPod Touch.

I realized right now how much I use my iPod for music. I have yet to listen to more than 5mins of music, I've been playing games and using the internet most of the time.

Sullivan

I have a new problem, Ive downloaded 3 games and every single one when i press install, it just says "Processing Simcity" then it just clicks out, then I go to the menu and press it to play it, and it opens then goes back to the menu, this has happened to the alst 3 games, whats going on?
Where do you get your games?

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Where do you get your games?

He gets them illegally, obviously.

I got myself a new touch. Since the last one had a screwed up home button, I went to the Apple Store today and told them of my problem and walked out with a new Touch in about 15 minutes. The only weird thing about this one is that the screen seems a bit darker (color-wise). It's like the contrast is higher than the one I had before this.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Hmm, this new iPod touch screen also has scanlines...should I return it?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea you might aswell return it.
I love the AppStore, its so fun to browse and download games or apps. And it's really easy to use. The only problem is some of the games are a bit over-priced.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Cant fucking wait til the 2gen jailbreak it released.
Any progress on it yet?

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Does anybody else's iPod touch 2G have any scanlines on it or a darker contrast?

Sullivan

Does anybody else's iPod touch 2G have any scanlines on it or a darker contrast?

Nope, mine is crystal clear. Seems like you are having a lot of problems with yours, where did you buy it?

OK now I have a weird problem, So I got my Iphone 3g on the 23rd of December, its been working perfectly, got it jailbreaked, worked perfectly, then all of the sudden, I turned it on this morning, was fiddling with maps, and all of the sudden it said I had No Service, I tried restarting my Iphone, taking out the Sim Card, I just restored it, and now it says "Waiting for activation" Even though I activated it at the Att store on the 23rd. Whats going on?

Edit: from what I understand, there is currently a service problem with Att in the Midwest, so Ill wait a while longer before I freak out even more.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Nope, mine is clear and bright. You should return it.
Damn, the battery life on the iPod touch sucks balls.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Nope, mine is crystal clear. Seems like you are having a lot of problems with yours, where did you buy it?

This one's brand new...it's a replacement for my old one that had the home button problem.

Robby

Los Doyers!
It's probably a defective one.
Are you sure your brightness is not turned down?

Sullivan

Nope, mine is clear and bright. You should return it.
Damn, the battery life on the iPod touch sucks balls.

Ya they really do! I will charge mine in the morning and use it for about 4-5 hours and it will be completely dead. Very poor battery life.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
It's probably a defective one.
Are you sure your brightness is not turned down?

Brightness isn't the problem. It's the contrast. The colors are darker because it has higher contrast. Plus, there's scanlines.

I think I've heard some reports about this on the newer 2Gs. Mine came with 2.2 so it was brand spanking new and was probably boxed only a month ago.

BTW, did you get Asphalt 4?

Bump:
Ya they really do! I will charge mine in the morning and use it for about 4-5 hours and it will be completely dead. Very poor battery life.

At least it charges quickly.

OT: Who has Super Monkey Ball...legally?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea I got it.
But I wont be on AIM til later as I have to leave in like 5mins.
I ended up just buying it cuz my bro was being a dick.