• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Mister Chief

Can someone do me a favour and SSH into their iPod and into the directory:
root/system/library/systemconfiguration/powermanagement.bundle/ and post the
com.apple.systempowerprofiledefaults.plist file which is found there.

I'm still trying to fix my iPod problems. I seem to have fixed my springboard from crashing by SSHing into my iPod and deleting every single file to get a clean restore. But the problem of my iPod trying to reboot ( and always failing to ) while in sleep mode still remains. I hope a solution lies within that plist so I want to compare mine with someone who doesn't have my issues.

In the meantime I'm seeing what replacement options are available to me. Problem is if Apple were to try to repair it I very much doubt they would even think that there is anything wrong with it.

Can someone do me a favour and SSH into their iPod and into the directory:
root/system/library/systemconfiguration/powermanagement.bundle/ and post the
com.apple.systempowerprofiledefaults.plist file which is found there.

I'm still trying to fix my iPod problems. I seem to have fixed my springboard from crashing by SSHing into my iPod and deleting every single file to get a clean restore. But the problem of my iPod trying to reboot ( and always failing to ) while in sleep mode still remains. I hope a solution lies within that plist so I want to compare mine with someone who doesn't have my issues.

In the meantime I'm seeing what replacement options are available to me. Problem is if Apple were to try to repair it I very much doubt they would even think that there is anything wrong with it.

Wouldn't it just be easier to restore your iPod? lol.

Anyway, if no one else uploads it by the time im back from college then i will do it. :)

Edit: Here it is.

com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist

:cool:

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Once my cable arrives, I'm going to be able to boot from my calculator.

Sullivan

lol, I wish I had TI-84, I only have TI-83 Plus.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well I found an iphone on the way home. The back is sorta messed up but the screen is flawless.
Anyways, I want to jailbreak it. Its on 1.1.4 and I want to know whats the best tutorial to go about doing it. I have a tmobile sim I can use in it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Mine's was laying in a little patch of grass, I guess someone was laying there and it must have fell out of there pocket.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yes, its a first gen.
So anyone know the best tutorial to let me jailbreak/unlock it?
Do I have to stay at 1.1.4 or can I update to 2.2.1?

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM EST ----------

I try to upgrade my iPhone from 1.1.4 to 2.2.1 through iTunes and it always gives me an 1602, 1604 error

_Syn

Wow! Didn't Vee or someone find a iPhone too?

I found the other iPhone, but the screen is badly damaged. I'll post up pics (I haven't gotten to it in a while sorry).

Anyone know what happened to Macthemes2?

eighty4

I found the other iPhone, but the screen is badly damaged. I'll post up pics (I haven't gotten to it in a while sorry).

Anyone know what happened to Macthemes2?

Nothing? It works perfectly now - from my end, that is.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Yes, its a first gen.
So anyone know the best tutorial to let me jailbreak/unlock it?
Do I have to stay at 1.1.4 or can I update to 2.2.1?

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM EST ----------

I try to upgrade my iPhone from 1.1.4 to 2.2.1 through iTunes and it always gives me an 1602, 1604 error

That's cause you have to pay to upgrade to 2.x.x from 1.x.x. You can get it for free though...Google it.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Anybody got the run rs thing running on their 2G? It took me two days to do it, but it's definitely worth it. It boots so fast and it resprings in about 5 seconds. Plus, it's easier to boot and you can use other devices to boot it.