• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Robby

Los Doyers!
Are you sure? Its an iPhone 2G btw. I remember seeing something that the baseband didn't update when applying the 2.2.1 update on a 2G.

eighty4

Damn, the iPhone got restored and now it locked. I have no Sim card which by the looks of it, I need one to unlock it.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM EST ----------

Ok, it got restored to 2.2.1
Anyways, I try to use QuickPwn to unlock/jailbreak it but it hangs on the "Wait for your iPhone to reconnect in Recovery mode" stage
Anyway way to get around this?

Use a custom firmware from a torrent site.

Adiuvo

I might be getting an iTouch from a friend for free, only problem is the screen, or the case, is cracked. She wasn't sure which. I found a screen for $21 on Ebay too; is that about the best deal for one? Also, how hard is it to replace the screen?

Mister Chief

Sent my iPod off to get repaired. I doubt they'll even think something is wrong with it since my problem is so specific. If they don't repiar/replace it I'm going to get an iPhone.

If you guys are interested in knowing, NZ iPhones are factory unlocked. When a new version of iPhone comes out I could probably make a pretty penny selling them on ebay.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Sent my iPod off to get repaired. I doubt they'll even think something is wrong with it since my problem is so specific. If they don't repiar/replace it I'm going to get an iPhone.

If you guys are interested in knowing, NZ iPhones are factory unlocked. When a new version of iPhone comes out I could probably make a pretty penny selling them on ebay.

They will replace it (unless you forgot to reformat it so that any traces of the jailbreak are gone). It probably will be a refurbished though.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM EST ----------

Supposedly NitroKey has come up with an untethered jailbreak. The catch is, it's 15 bucks. These people also made the $40 dongles that came out like two weeks ago. Those did work, but a lot of people are rejecting them because they basically stole the dev team's work and said it was theirs. I wonder how the hell these people could come up with an untethered when the dev team and Chronic have taken months to crack anything. These people have only been in business for a month.

They will replace it (unless you forgot to reformat it so that any traces of the jailbreak are gone). It probably will be a refurbished though.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM EST ----------

Supposedly NitroKey has come up with an untethered jailbreak. The catch is, it's 15 bucks. These people also made the $40 dongles that came out like two weeks ago. Those did work, but a lot of people are rejecting them because they basically stole the dev team's work and said it was theirs. I wonder how the hell these people could come up with an untethered when the dev team and Chronic have taken months to crack anything. These people have only been in business for a month.

I highly doubt this is real.

If they were only in business for a month there's no way they came up with an untethered jailbreak before the dev team.

Anyway, hacking is for the community, not for a profit.

If its actual legit software, then we should see some warez downloads for it.

That's what i was thinking. If this was the untethered jailbreak we've all been waiting for, I would expect a lot more activity on the topic.

Sullivan

I wouldn't mind getting some funds together, buying it and sharing.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
I would buy it for us, but I have no way of buying online.

EDIT: Ordered my 16gig Iphone today but am having second thoughts. I am looking at the plan prices and they are fucking insane! I'm signing up with Rogers because I am in Canada. Any other Canadians have one? If so, how much do you pay on it? The cheapest one I want is $60 + additional bonus pack ($15) + Service fees ($7) and one time activation fee ($35). I mean what the fuck. Other cell phone plans are like 25 bucks. Can anyone enlighten me?