• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Robby

Los Doyers!
Categories worked for me when I was using it.

Sullivan

Are there any specification to make boot logos?

I think I'm gonna make oneee.

Yes

320x480
PNG Format Only
Must have Transparency layer added.

Ya, so how can I add my own boot logo without rejailbreaking with a custom firmware with that logo added to it?

Yes

320x480
PNG Format Only

Ya, so how can I add my own boot logo without rejailbreaking with a custom firmware with that logo added to it?

Thankss... That will be my endeavor tomorrow since I get out of school at 10:00!

That and some more Wacoming lol

_Syn

Yes

320x480
PNG Format Only

There's an app in Cydia that lets you do exactly that, I just forgot the name.

Sullivan

Ya, its called LogoMe, or something, but I heard its incompatible.

Robby

Los Doyers!
iPod got stuck in the recovery mode. So I restored it with custom firmware. Then when I tried to apply the untethered patch it went to a black screen and now it stays on it.
When I connect it to my pc it says device unrecognized. I have a warranty from target so I can try to return it if it doesnt work.

Sullivan

lmao, no, put it in DFU mode manually, open itunes, hold shift and click restore, then restore with the 2.2.1 firmware, I had the same issue as you, no worries.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Hmm, I must have tried to put it in DFU mode 20 times, then all of a sudden it worked.
Now to set it all up again.

Sullivan

You must have been putting it in wrong, there is truely no way to brick it I hear.

Vee

You must have been putting it in wrong, there is truely no way to brick it I hear.

Lies.

I've heard thousands upon thousands of people bricking their iPhones/iTouch's. Though, most of them some how managed to SSH into their iPods to fix it.

DFU mode restore doesn't always work ya know.

Moose

Meta Moose
Lies.

I've heard thousands upon thousands of people bricking their iPhones/iTouch's. Though, most of them some how managed to SSH into their iPods to fix it.

It's not a brick if you can SSH into it. Semi-brick maybe?

eighty4

Lies.

DFU mode works ALL the time, unless you delete all your frameworks.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Lies.

DFU mode is the equivalent of service mode on the PSP. Unless you fuck up something that has to do with it booting or as Hiratai said, delete your frameworks, DFU will always work and you will always be able to restore it. Anybody that says otherwise is lying or doesn't know what they're doing.