• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Sullivan

Ya, and I don't hear about some retard who ssh'ed into his ipod and start deleting random files, which probably the only way.

People all over say they have bricked, but in reality, are too stupid to actually figure anything out.

@nick, LogoMe will not work for the latest ipod.

_Syn

Ya, and I don't hear about some retard who ssh'ed into his ipod and start deleting random files, which probably the only way.

People all over say they have bricked, but in reality, are too stupid to actually figure anything out.

@nick, LogoMe will not work for the latest ipod.

There's the explanation for all the bricks. Someone quote him quick! :w00t:

Sullivan

Ya I knows righteymaatey./

i wishis that logome woked on my ipod touhc

eighty4

Ya I knows righteymaatey./

i wishis that logome woked on my ipod touhc

TMC-2750.jpg

Oh lawdy.

Vee

DFU mode works ALL the time, unless you delete all your frameworks.
Like i said. Theres tons of cases of DFU mode not working for people. Wether they deleted their frameworks or not, i was correct.
DFU mode is the equivalent of service mode on the PSP. Unless you fuck up something that has to do with it booting or as Hiratai said, delete your frameworks, DFU will always work and you will always be able to restore it. Anybody that says otherwise is lying or doesn't know what they're doing.

Once again. All i said was: "There are people that say DFU mode doesnt work for them." I never said that they bricked it during normal process'. I'm pretty certain they were doing something stupid and it happened.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Like i said. Theres tons of cases of DFU mode not working for people. Wether they deleted their frameworks or not, i was correct.

Once again. All i said was: "There are people that say DFU mode doesnt work for them." I never said that they bricked it during normal process'. I'm pretty certain they were doing something stupid and it happened.

They were doing something wrong. I've seen more than enough cases of idiots saying they bricked their iPod only to say they were wrong about 10 posts later.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM EST ----------

Looks like he was drunk.

ontopic: Any good games out lately?

New iDracula update rules.

You can try Let's Golf!. Plus, MGS Touch comes out in two days.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I read it can be jailbroken, but for the iPhone 3G you have to wait for PwnageTool to get updated.
I don't know if you have to wait for something for the iPod touch version.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I don't think you do, as the iPod touch doesn't need activation. However, the jailbreak is still quite a ways off.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Isn't the dev-team anti-piracy also? So that would mean they wouldn't release a jailbreak until 3.0 get officially released, right?

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
As of this point, only iPod Touches can be downgraded since the baseband on the iPhone will not downgrade, only the system itself. Basically, this would turn the iPhone into a hybrid device, which would probably not be too healthy especially since this isn't the final version of it.

EDIT: developers are not permitted to speak of 3.0 as they are now under the NDA. So please do not ask 3.0-specific questions.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
As of this point, only iPod Touches can be downgraded since the baseband on the iPhone will not downgrade, only the system itself. Basically, this would turn the iPhone into a hybrid device, which would probably not be too healthy especially since this isn't the final version of it.

EDIT: developers are not permitted to speak of 3.0 as they are now under the NDA. So please do not ask 3.0-specific questions.

They can ask all they want, devs can choose to respond or not at their own leisure