• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Kernel Exploits and 6.30

J0EY

Cock for HEN!!
It was understood that several people had found kernel exploits till firmware 6.20 but had not disclosed them till now. I think team typhoon had one too.

Now that OFW 6.30 is out can anyone update if these exploits are still working on the latest firmware or have they been patched??

Can we expect these exploits to be released to the public in-case they have been patched??

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Jesus you guys are really desperate

Spiros

Maiki
Jesus you guys are really desperate

Easy for you to say...

And also what did you expect? You posted the video showing off how great your HEN(Davee's) was, with the promise of never releasing it. It's like waving candy in front of a child's face and saying, "you can't have any". What's the point...anyway that's a whole other topic.

I just don't see how you could expect anything else.

eldiablov

Contributor
Easy for you to say...

And also what did you expect? You posted the video showing off how great your HEN(Davee's) was, with the promise of never releasing it. It's like waving candy in front of a child's face and saying, "you can't have any". What's the point...anyway that's a whole other topic.

I agree, you PSP devs suck man :angry:

Bubbletune

What purpose would a patched exploit be. That means you need to stay on an old firmware and can't use the PSN store, which is what the PSP Go is all about. That is providing sce locked up PSN from older firmwares properly and a simple version change doesn't fix it.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
What purpose would a patched exploit be. That means you need to stay on an old firmware and can't use the PSN store, which is what the PSP Go is all about. That is providing sce locked up PSN from older firmwares properly and a simple version change doesn't fix it.

they dun need no psn if they can haz isos

J0EY

Cock for HEN!!
they dun need no psn if they can haz isos

I think people like you are more obsessed with flaming anybody who (u think) has anything to do with ISO's than are the people who actually use them!

The only thing i asked was the possible patching of kernel exploits let alone running ISO's. U blew the whole thing out of proportions.

I already have CFW on my PSP and I can already run ISO's if i want. In fact i do run ISO's of the 5 games i own. You have a problem with that??

I would suggest u keep your mouth shut next time unless you have something useful to contribute!

@Bubbletune - I dont have a pspGo and i have very limited access to the internet. hence i donot use the PSN too much. If anything were to come out of the exploits it wud still be a step forward in CFWs with a new base firmware. also the comic reader would be nice!

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I have to agree, You psp dev's act like you are entitled to something and borderline on condescension and elitism.

No doubt though I know I have appreciated each and every exploit/whatnot since the 1.50 days. But you all don't have to get all butthurt because people chose to do something with waht you made in a way you don't agree with. You are basically acting like sony then.

ISO's reduce loading times and make it much easier to pack around more games on the go. This would be especially helpful to PSP Go owners who want to buy UMD games and have a physical copy rather than give their money towards a piece of data that will eventually expire and be useless.

It's also a nice way to demo a game you'd like to play that doesn't have a demo on PSN(of which 99% of psp games do not)

Hellcat

Contributor
Yes, the lack of a more recent CFW does make the kiddies going into panic mode as it's getting harder and harder to get recent games running as ISO on the old CFWs.

If you wanna play UMD, don't get a GO - simple as that, cheap excuse doesn't count.

And YES, the "oh so sucking devs" DO have a fucking reason to get pissed when things THEY MADE are used in a way they did not want to.
At least pissed enough to simply not release anything more.

In which case those who shout "devs suck" and just pile up pirated ISOs ARE the fucking reason WHY said devs don't release anything anymore.

Can't you just get it into you heads, you're the reason yourself why you are not getting any new CFW.

I would LOVE having some HEN on my PSPgo, oh yes I would, it would end my need to carry around two PSPs just for testing my own programs.
But do I whine? DO I?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I think people like you are more obsessed with flaming anybody who (u think) has anything to do with ISO's than are the people who actually use them!

The only thing i asked was the possible patching of kernel exploits let alone running ISO's. U blew the whole thing out of proportions.

I already have CFW on my PSP and I can already run ISO's if i want. In fact i do run ISO's of the 5 games i own. You have a problem with that??

I would suggest u keep your mouth shut next time unless you have something useful to contribute!

@Bubbletune - I dont have a pspGo and i have very limited access to the internet. hence i donot use the PSN too much. If anything were to come out of the exploits it wud still be a step forward in CFWs with a new base firmware. also the comic reader would be nice!

Way to take a joke

I have to agree, You psp dev's act like you are entitled to something and borderline on condescension and elitism.

No doubt though I know I have appreciated each and every exploit/whatnot since the 1.50 days. But you all don't have to get all butthurt because people chose to do something with waht you made in a way you don't agree with. You are basically acting like sony then.

ISO's reduce loading times and make it much easier to pack around more games on the go. This would be especially helpful to PSP Go owners who want to buy UMD games and have a physical copy rather than give their money towards a piece of data that will eventually expire and be useless.

It's also a nice way to demo a game you'd like to play that doesn't have a demo on PSN(of which 99% of psp games do not)

Oh don't get your knickers in a twist. I never had anything to do with looking for exploits, I just made a few crappy games and that was it so I certainly have no reason to act elitist. It's not just piracy on the PSP I'm opposed to but piracy in general. Hell, I've 120 games on my steam account so I do my best to try and support software dev's since I know how hard making games actually is.

What the people who look for exploits do is way more difficult than just making games so they deserve our support even more but hell no, they don't get it. Davee and co. came out with HEN with the express intention of not wanting ISO loading yet there was the whole drama over other people changing it to load ISOs and enable stealing other dev's work. That's the reason I try to go against piracy.

But hell, enough of that rant since it's just going up against a brick wall anyways. Awesome way to take a joke and also insult not just me but all software developers out there. Have fun running future games, ISO or otherwise.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Don't worry. I have a psp 3000 with OFW 6.20 on it and I plan on keeping it updated to play the new games I buy that require it.

On the other hand I still have my 1000 from the 1.50 days with CFW 5.50 on it as well.
And that lets me backup all my games which I own that don't require 6.20 and above.

Saying I am insulting software developers for wanting to use the things i've purchased in the way I want rather than "You/they" want is like saying all the Music that I arrange from pre-established works should be unable to be used in any way someone wants to use it. Whether that be a music video , or in their own video game and whatnot.

Whatever happened to doing something out of the passion for the love of it and it should not matter whether people do with whatever they want with it eh?

Ironic when half the the time homebrew is based on reverse engineering or other things.

Hypocritical

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.

It had a lot more to do with the whole flaming over stupid shit thing. I made a fucking POWER LEVEL SPOOFER, a POWER LEVEL SPOOFER, kay. I got flamed for pages and pages over it. It's the utter lack of appreciation that drove it, IIRC.

Heck, I released a cheat device that actually I created as a kind of anti-cheat. Why do you say this? Because, it didn't have any of the actually bad codes. Yeah, it had like infinite health and ammo and stuff, but who cares? You could just vote the person out. It didn't have any boots (Yes, you could have booted the **entire** room **instantly** by corrupting packets), any third-party codes (Yes, you can make it so you cannot be voted out). Any rank-downers, uppers, etc. I even stated this. After I released it (I actually played) the number of shitty ass games I was in (Got booted in) decreased by over half. Yet, I got flamed and flamed and flamed for it.

THAT is why I think the PSP scene deserved to be taunted and laughed at by anybody that can. I commend anybody that wished the PSP scene a final "Fuck you".

Easy for you to say...

I'm happy that it was never released. The PSP scene doesn't deserve a single thing. I feel bad for the original people that created the scene but what it's come to - It's a POS. I wish it the worst. I encourage all devs to show what could have happened if people weren't so unappreciative of stuff.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
All the "scene" consists of nowadays are disgraceful pirates wanting to play the latest set of ISOs they've downloaded. People genuinely interested in homebrew are a minority. It's sad, but that's the reality.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Don't worry. I have a psp 3000 with OFW 6.20 on it and I plan on keeping it updated to play the new games I buy that require it.

On the other hand I still have my 1000 from the 1.50 days with CFW 5.50 on it as well.
And that lets me backup all my games which I own that don't require 6.20 and above.

Good for you, have fun with that.

Saying I am insulting software developers for wanting to use the things i've purchased in the way I want rather than "You/they" want is like saying all the Music that I arrange from pre-established works should be unable to be used in any way someone wants to use it. Whether that be a music video , or in their own video game and whatnot.

You accused developers of being condescending and elitist, that is an insult.

Whatever happened to doing something out of the passion for the love of it and it should not matter whether people do with whatever they want with it eh?

The passion was killed by all the bullshit that the developers received from idiotic users who just pirated ISOs and didn't appreciate the fact they could run any software that they wanted and also make their own. They could of had anything except ISOs yet that's all they focused on and whined about. There was no restriction on running UMDs. Despite what people say, there isn't a major amount of battery life gained from running ISOs. The main reason really for backing up UMDs is convenience but swapping out UMDs isn't that much of an issue.

Ironic when half the the time homebrew is based on reverse engineering or other things.

Hypocritical

Insulting developers again, eh?

All the "scene" consists of nowadays are disgraceful pirates wanting to play the latest set of ISOs they've downloaded. People genuinely interested in homebrew are a minority. It's sad, but that's the reality.

^^this

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm with MenaceInc and x3sphere.

By whining and acting butthurt like you are doing right now (because that's all you are doing right now) you are only giving reason to us (Team Typhoon) for doing what we did.

Being a friend of Davee and the guy who made the video and wrote the disclaimer for it, I can say it took a lot of balls to do what we decided to do, and we were more than ready for the consequences (the subsequent whining and flaming, but then again, there was tons of that when he actually released HEN in the first place, so at least this time the idiotic scene got their asses whooped).

Also I'm proud to see that most REAL devs took our stance when it comes to exploits and the scene right now, it's about damn time the scene got punished for being greedy, idiotic, ungrateful, criminal and spoiled.

Wololo (being the great dev he is) suffered the consequences of sharing his work with someone he should not have trusted, and that just further proved how rotten the scene is at this point. I also wanted to commend him on having the guts to release half-byte loader, seeing he must be getting a lot of flak for it.

When I got here to MfM I was one of the biggest appologists of a PSP Scene revival, because it had lots of potential. As time passed I saw how wrong I was, and how dead it was and not worthy of a revival.

You reap what you sow, and in this case, that's exactly what's happening to the PSP Scene.

MajorPSP156

Major PSP
yeah you do have a point there i'll be pissed off too if i was one of those hard working devs, people don't appericate great devs these days they just don't get it how hard we've worked for the community :(

B

Bizarre

This is exactly why I moved to the iPod touch/iPhone scene, with everything that is going to be hacked, there WILL be pirates. With a jailbroken iPhone you can easily get free games, but thats up to the person themselves, there are many dev teams who work extremley hard on jailbreaks when new devices/firmwares are released. Sure they know that most people out there use the jailbreaks for the free games, but there are also many people who use it for the customization and the tweaks/mods that Cydia offers. There are alot of disrespectful people the psp scene, I agree with you guys on that, but there are so many in the PS2 scene, ipod scene and any other system that has been hacked.

My point is with everything there will be pirates, so PSP devs why complain that people are pirating or using the custom firmwares incorrectly, there is still MANY people in the community that will use it for homebrew/customization, if people decide to pirate, it's their choice, I don't see why it effects you, your product is still being used correctly by many people.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
This is exactly why I moved to the iPod touch/iPhone scene, with everything that is going to be hacked, there WILL be pirates. With a jailbroken iPhone you can easily get free games, but thats up to the person themselves, there are many dev teams who work extremley hard on jailbreaks when new devices/firmwares are released. Sure they know that most people out there use the jailbreaks for the free games, but there are also many people who use it for the customization and the tweaks/mods that Cydia offers. There are alot of disrespectful people the psp scene, I agree with you guys on that, but there are so many in the PS2 scene, ipod scene and any other system that has been hacked.

My point is with everything there will be pirates, so PSP devs why complain that people are pirating or using the custom firmwares incorrectly, there is still MANY people in the community that will use it for homebrew/customization, if people decide to pirate, it's their choice, I don't see why it effects you, your product is still being used correctly by many people.

Lack of appreciation has been a pretty solid reason as well..

Bill

There's so much tension between devs and end-users these days, sheesh >.> You all need to chill, or you're going to have an aneurism or something :(

What ever happened to the days of not caring what the ungrateful think?

B

Bizarre

There's so much tension between devs and end-users these days, sheesh >.> You all need to chill, or you're going to have an aneurism or something :(

What ever happened to the days of not caring what the ungrateful think?

Yes this is my point.

Why do mature ADULTS care what immature CHILDREN think?

"0mg teh 13 yr 0ld hurtz mah feelingz"

Really? Who cares what they think. Ungrateful people are everywhere and people have to learn to deal with it.