• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Kernel Exploits and 6.30

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Most devs in the PSP scene are fucking babies

devs make things and share it because they are kind, people like you are why they don't share things like exploits, and homebrew, and plugins, and such things, so please just leave this discussion if all you have to contribute is insults.

Robby

Los Doyers!
There's no piracy on the PSPGo and it still failed.

I love this statement. Most people blame piracy for the fall of the original PSP yet, the PSPgo failed and it had no piracy.

Hmmm, I guess it was the game library that just sucked.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I love this statement. Most people blame piracy for the fall of the original PSP yet, the PSPgo failed and it had no piracy.

Hmmm, I guess it was the game library that just sucked.

Or maybe it was the fact that people can't pirate it that made it fail... People had a choice between a piratable and non-piratable console in the market.

Review your arguments before entering a discussion. Saying the PSP game library sucks is just flat-out ignorant. The PSP has some of the best and innovative games this gen.

B

Bizarre

I don't support piracy, I never said I did, I agree with you guys on the fact your CFW shouldn't be used for ISOs. The only reason I'm "complaining" and "whining" is because of the people the use ISOs, everyone else has to suffer. This is what I am trying to get at, and the PSP scene is bad when it comes to piracy, but so is the iPhone, sure they may not be as expensive but its still piracy isn't it? And no, I'm not going to stop posting because you told me to, its called freedom of speech I am going to state my opinion.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
guys, i <3 my go, it's a great system, light weight, and feels great, but i do agree overall it's failed

0_0

Peace Walker, Birth By Sleep, The Lost Frontier, etc.?...

i'm sorry, i've never heard of these games.

If anyone is to blame then, the devs are for hacking the PSP and not putting a Anti-ISO measure in it, right?
Couldn't they have foreseen what ISO loading on a portable device as popular as the PSP would have become?
and you seen the shitstorm that occured when one of the devs tried to put in anti-iso capability's

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't support piracy, I never said I did, I agree with you guys on the fact your CFW shouldn't be used for ISOs. The only reason I'm "complaining" and "whining" is because of the people the use ISOs, everyone else has to suffer. This is what I am trying to get at, and the PSP scene is bad when it comes to piracy, but so is the iPhone, sure they may not be as expensive but its still piracy isn't it? And no, I'm not going to stop posting because you told me to, its called freedom of speech I am going to state my opinion.

And I shall say it again, people who use ISOs are 85% (at least) of the userbase. Should the minority suffer because of the majority, yes. Is it fair? No, but that's the way it always has been, and that's the way it always will be. It's the only way people learn their lessons.

most iPhone games are crap, bottom line. And the few games that are actually decent sell well. Piracy does no harm on the iPhone scene tbh. Piracy almost entirely killed the PSP, along with Sony's idiocy.

B

Bizarre

Well the PSP is dead, I just hope if there is a PSP2 or something along those lines, this doesn't happen again.

With the iPhone games, there just games to kill time with, if I want a real, long game I have my PS3 for that, again just my opinion.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Well the PSP is dead, I just hope if there is a PSP2 or something along those lines, this doesn't happen again.

With the iPhone games, there just games to kill time with, if I want a real, long game I have my PS3 for that, again just my opinion.

Keep your PSP dead then, while the others enjoy MGS: Peace Walker, KH: Birth by Sleep, Parasite Eve 3, Patapon 3, echochrome 2 and many others.

B

Bizarre

I'm more of a sports gamer, I do enjoy some shooters however.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit

meh, shooters don't work on the psp imo, if the analog stick was on the other side, or their were two analog sticks it would, but with it so close to the d-pad the analog stick usually feels more like a secondary d-pad than an actual analog stick(that and it's sensitivity sucks)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Then, pardon me saying, but you got the wrong console. PSP is more geared towards puzzlers, rpgs and platformers and some action games.

B

Bizarre

I know I usually game on my PS3, I only got a PSP for the homebrew at the days of the 3.71m33 that broke and now I'm stuck with my 3000 trying to sell lol

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Relevant to this thread

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI&feature=related[/YT]

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Relevant to this thread

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI&feature=related[/YT]

The song was disturbing but the idea is good xD

Robby

Los Doyers!
Or maybe it was the fact that people can't pirate it that made it fail... People had a choice between a piratable and non-piratable console in the market.

Review your arguments before entering a discussion. Saying the PSP game library sucks is just flat-out ignorant. The PSP has some of the best and innovative games this gen.
Nah, the original hackers of the PSP whole made the way for custom firmware and custom firmwares themselves, should have went a step further and put anti-piracy measures if they cared.

and you seen the shitstorm that occured when one of the devs tried to put in anti-iso capability's
Who cares what other people think of you or what you do, ESPECIALLY on the internet. So what if you get haters on you for not including ISO loading. In life you are suppose to learn to not give a fuck what people say to you, same should be said for the internet. Oh wow people start calling you names for not including something such as iso loading, who cares? No needs to cry about it like previous people have.

Keep your PSP dead then, while the others enjoy MGS: Peace Walker, KH: Birth by Sleep, Parasite Eve 3, Patapon 3, echochrome 2 and many others.
Out of all those, I only heard of MGS. I guess the PSP is dead to the casual gamer, but to hardcore gamers its still alive.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Then, pardon me saying, but you got the wrong console. PSP is more geared towards puzzlers, rpgs and platformers and some action games.

That's probably why it failed. Those genres aren't strong enough to support a console.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Nah, the original hackers of the PSP whole made the way for custom firmware and custom firmwares themselves, should have went a step further and put anti-piracy measures if they cared.

I'll agree with you there. Things were way too easy from the start and that's how all the issue started.

Who cares what other people think of you or what you do, ESPECIALLY on the internet. So what if you get haters on you for not including ISO loading. In life you are suppose to learn to not give a fuck what people say to you, same should be said for the internet. Oh wow people start calling you names for not including something such as iso loading, who cares? No needs to cry about it like previous people have.

People's opinions differ. Let's all learn to live with that. I'm on one side, you're on the other, we'll likely never come to an agreement, so no need to beat a dead horse. I just say all those devs that "cried" asked was to be respected for their hard free work. They weren't. PSP Scene was the loser. Bottom line.

Out of all those, I only heard of MGS. I guess the PSP is dead to the casual gamer, but to hardcore gamers its still alive.

Casual gamers should have a DS. I'm not bashing, I'm just stating a fact. The PSP was never marketed towards casual, but rather towards all the millions of hardcores out there. It was a business decision.

That's probably why it failed. Those genres aren't strong enough to support a console.

Lies. The DS lives off the same genres for the most part and is a huge success. Difference is Nintendo KNOWS how to market their product. Also, saying the PSP fail is a HUGE understatement, I mean, the damn thing is close to breaking the 60 million mark... How is THAT failing?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Lies. The DS lives off the same genres for the most part and is a huge success. Difference is Nintendo KNOWS how to market their product. Also, saying the PSP fail is a HUGE understatement, I mean, the damn thing is close to breaking the 60 million mark... How is THAT failing?

I wouldn't say the DS lives of those genres but other factors.
Price compared to PSP when it came out, the Nintendo brand and it being kid friendly, etc

Most people buy a PSP for piracy and/or homebrew capabilities ;)
I know I bought 2, and about 5 of my buddies bought one just because they knew how easy it was to hack it and not have to pay for games.

And previous dev's should have known there was going to be an uproar. I mean, this scene was alive for how many years? Throughout those years, you would always have that group of people who were never happy and still wanted more.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I wouldn't say the DS lives of those genres but other factors.
Price compared to PSP when it came out, the Nintendo brand and it being kid friendly, etc

Most people buy a PSP for piracy and/or homebrew capabilities ;)
I know I bought 2, and about 5 of my buddies bought one just because they knew how easy it was to hack it and not have to pay for games.

And previous dev's should have known there was going to be an uproar. I mean, this scene was alive for how many years? Throughout those years, you would always have that group of people who were never happy and still wanted more.

In a way, that proves my whole point xD I'll just have to keep telling myself that when people really like a game, they but it :p

The scene lived at full power for more or less 5 years I guess... Hopefully something has been learned.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think the sales of Peace Walker will determine if Sony unveils the PSP2 this year or not. For PSP, May NPD was pretty depressing - the platform hit an all-time low, shifting only 59K units.

There's a chance that MGS could get the momentum flowing again. Breaking at least the 100K would be a victory, in my opinion. But if sales continue to stagnate at the sub-100K mark, it's time to let the PSP retire.

If a huge brand like MGS can't save it, nothing will.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I think the sales of Peace Walker will determine if Sony unveils the PSP2 this year or not. For PSP, May NPD was pretty depressing - the platform hit an all-time low, shifting only 59K units.

There's a chance that MGS could get the momentum flowing again. Breaking at least the 100K would be a victory, in my opinion. But if sales continue to stagnate at the sub-100K mark, it's time to let the PSP retire.

If a huge brand like MGS can't save it, nothing will.

Very true. But I think Kingdom Hearts sales will also help the PSP sell more... There are a lot of kids - and older - that want to get their hands on those games.