• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Kernel Exploits and 6.30

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
So Portugal is somewhere in between. Maybe now you can see that in India its insane to even think you can support yourself through college.

I never doubted India had it rough... I just had no idea it was THAT rough o.o

LocutusEstBorg

I never doubted India had it rough... I just had no idea it was THAT rough o.o

You misunderstand. Its not rough. Your parents paying for college and stuff is standard procedure. The problem is that anything sourced from outside the country is simply not adjusted to the cost of living. A family is quite well off if they bring in $600 a month.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You misunderstand. Its not rough. Your parents paying for college and stuff is standard procedure. The problem is that anything sourced from outside the country is simply not adjusted to the cost of living. A family is quite well off if they bring in $600 a month.

I was not referring to that specifically... I was more talking about the state of education and all the things you said about government and stuff...

LocutusEstBorg

I was not referring to that specifically... I was more talking about the state of education and all the things you said about government and stuff...
Well that doesn't really affect anyone happiness. Most people haven't seen how things are in other countries so they don't know any better. If you have, then you realize how deprived you are, and how you are cheated by the government. The biggest joke is Indians are proud of India.

rileysnotz

The biggest joke is Indians are proud of India.

You nailed it! I'm in total agreement. Whenever my cousin comes down here from Oz he keeps telling me how he cannot understand how I can live here. I kept writing it off to cultural differences. That was until my sister came back from a 2 month trip down in Melbourne and told me how much we are missing here. Quality of life.

Sorry if this was off topic.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
And YES, the "oh so sucking devs" DO have a fucking reason to get pissed when things THEY MADE are used in a way they did not want to.
At least pissed enough to simply not release anything more.

Well, with that said. They made the Custom Firmware, therefore they SHOULD be entitled to think "If I do this, there could be pirating going on". But, I'm led to think that they don't, then get mad when when something like that does happen.

rileysnotz

Well, with that said. They made the Custom Firmware, therefore they SHOULD be entitled to think "If I do this, there could be pirating going on". But, I'm led to think that they don't, then get mad when when something like that does happen.

Yeah you are right! Of course they learnt from their past mistakes and so i guess there isn't anything more to discuss

wololo

The community is pretty much dead though...

I've read the same statement on a regular basis for the past 4 years... yet I don't see less devs on the scene. They are not the same devs as 4 years ago, but I think that's exactly the definition of a lively scene: new faces on a regular basis.
It was probably more exciting at that time (2005/2006) for people who were into "pure" hacking, but now thanks to the work accomplished years ago, the homebrew community is more mature and we get more and more quality homebrew IMO.
There's probably less innovation, that's true, but I think that's because most parts have been unlocked now.

Also, for the many people who believe that PSP hackers were better in 2005/2006 than the ones we have now, you should see how much the security has increased on this beast. Syscall randomization is what's been hammering the development of HBL for example...the PSP didn't have that in the N00bz times...
Basically, somebody who wants to hack new firmwares pretty much needs to know at least as much as what previous hackers knew, before they even get a chance.

Think of how much the PSP scene used to rely on game exploits: GTA, Lumines, Gripshift... people used to jump out of joy when those were announced. Now when someone announces a game exploit, they almost get insulted, because the Go made the concept of a game exploit almost void...

My point being that hacking the PSP nowadays requires a much higher "entry level" than it used to, which might explain why we have less hackers. (Not from the end user's point of view, of course, I mean, how hard is it to copy a few files on the memory stick...)