• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Yeah, i'm thinking of going with Amazon. Though Play.com have it for the same price. Do amazon have Killzone in stock? If they do, would that mean that they dispatch them now, so they reach us on the release date? Or do they wait till friday to send it?

I'm not too sure i would send them an email. I'm not too bothered if it comes late cause i wouldn't get to play it until after a few days due to studies.

Yeah so try and send them an email and see what reply you get back. ;)

Vee

I'm not too sure i would send them an email. I'm not too bothered if it comes late cause i wouldn't get to play it until after a few days due to studies.

Yeah so try and send them an email and see what reply you get back. ;)

I just got a response from Amazon, with exactly what i expected. A really vague response:
Amazon said:
Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk regarding "Killzone 2 (PS3)".

Our latest information indicates that this title has not yet been released. The expected release date is February 27, 2009, however please know that publication dates are always subject to change at the discretion of the publisher.

We will pre-order this title from our supplier, and expect to obtain copies directly following its release. However we are unable to confirm whether you will receive this item on the release date itself.

You will be able to view the details of this title at the following link:

We will do our best to keep our website updated with any changes in availability.

If you wish to order this title, simply click on the "Pre-Order" button, and this will take you to the online order form. On the date of dispatch, you would receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of your delivery. As per our standard policy, we
do not charge you for an order until the time of dispatch.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I heard Target broke the street date for this so I went to one at lunch. Low and behold in the glass display case was about 10 copies of the game. I asked to have one and when they went to try and ring it up, the register said it wasn't to be sold until Friday.

Pretty beat.

Sullivan

Aww, that sucks. I loved it when my gamestop broke the street date for COD5.

chrono6456

Just played the demo, seems very average to me other than the ok graphics, which at least do have very good anti aliasing.

The demo was just as my friend described it, scripted enemies to come out here...walk a bit.....more enemies standing next to explosive barrels...walk a bit...and a last bit of enemies, also standing next to a whole bunch of explosive barrels. I really didn't like the heavy amount of invisible barriers, and that you can't look down very much. The game play was mildly fun overall. I liked the RE5 demo much more, seemed to have more replay value in just the demo alone.

Then the worst part was all the quotes at the end with the montage. The quotes that were like, and im paraphrasing, "Can't find this on any other console" and "best looking game ever by far." (crysis?) were just the worst. However, I may still pick it up since it seems like the multiplayer has some potential.

Vee

I've just bought the game off play.com. I read that people who had pre-ordered had their status changed to dispatched. So i ordered it earlier today and the status has changed from "Placing Order" to "Pre-Ordered - Game Released 27th Feb" then finally to "Order Placed"

Sullivan

When does this beta end? I got it off of a Japanese account today, haven't had time to play it, I am swamped to start and finish a research paper rough draft, due tomorrow.

eldiablov

Contributor
My friend ordered his from play.com

He left the room for 5 minutes with hit disc on his bed (he's really careless)

He came upstairs and his dog was trying to eat it. He salvaged what he could but the disc was completely snapped.

I dont know what he told play but they're sending a new one out tomorrow.

Vee

I had ordered mine from play.com on wednesday. I checked the status earlier today and it had gone into "pre-order awaiting stock". I also rang them up to check if they had it in stock and they said they had'nt. Anyway, i've cancelled my order, i'm going to just pick it up from a shop.

Slasher

Suck It
I'm going in 10 mins. I hope it's not sold out

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM EST ----------

Annnnnd, I now have it :)