• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Left 4 Dead

Chathurga

It's a co-op zombie FPS made by valve, all the elements of my perfect game. Been looking forward to this game for ages, I'm going to change my ways and actually buy this.

Sullivan

Man I saw this and I was so happy, then I felt bad because its not for the PS3...

I guess resident evil will be my only zombie game.

I love zombie everything.

Slasher

Suck It
This game runs like crap on my desktop comp :eek:

The minimum system requirements for Left4Dead are as follows:
- 3.0 ghz P4 [I have 2.93 ghz P4] <- I guess this is what is hurting me
- 1.0 gigs of ram [I have 1.5 gigs]
- 128 mb video card [I have 512 mb]

Seriously though, 3.0 ghz?? That's pretty damn demanding for a minimum system requirement. I'm disappointed

Run the benchmark test here and see if your comp has what it takes

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Here's a couple of clips that are new as of yesterday.

Mini-Gun Action

[gt]42617[/gt]

Zombie Kitchen Gameplay
[gt]42615[/gt]

Colm

Demo finishes downloading in two hours.
If I like this demo, I'm going to save up and buy this.

Demo IS co-op yea? If so, I need to get a few guys here to play with me.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
MY GOD!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!. if only i had the money for it! The demo completely blew me away

my comp is above the minimum in some places and the game runs fine with everything turned up to high ! :p

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I didn't know the demo was on the Live Marketplace as well.....

Downloading now but I'm too busy watching football tonight to try it. I'll be up for some co-op this weekend though.

Slasher

Suck It
After playing the demo, I really enjoyed it. The only I problem I have with it is that all of the zombies seem and act the same. If they bothered adding different zombie behaviours (such as walking around aimlessly, or chewing on the remains of a dead human) then the game would be better. I can not for the life of me figure out why they would just have all zombies sit in one spot until you encounter them and then they run at you. I have a bad feeling that the game is going to get extremely repititious if they don't bother changing that

Colm

Demo + Expert mode + 4 players = WIN
In the words of someone from my Steam Friends List: "WE NEED SUPER CAPS LOCK TO EXPRESS HOW FUCKING AWESOME THIS IS"

Joey

Slasher said:
After playing the demo, I really enjoyed it. The only I problem I have with it is that all of the zombies seem and act the same. If they bothered adding different zombie behaviours (such as walking around aimlessly, or chewing on the remains of a dead human) then the game would be better. I can not for the life of me figure out why they would just have all zombies sit in one spot until you encounter them and then they run at you. I have a bad feeling that the game is going to get extremely repititious if they don't bother changing that
Are you sure you actually played the? There are 4 "super zombies", which all have special abilities, one of which is the "boomer", who spits bile on you. That attracts all the normal zombies, and you can have 50 zombies on top of you in seconds.

Personally, I think the game is just ok, but not because of an apparent lack of variety.

Slasher

Suck It
Well yes, I noticed those zombies as well - the witch, the fat exploding guy, the jumping thing, and the thing with the long tongue. Despite these few differing zombies (that all look exactly the same, so you know when you've encountered them) that add a little bit of variety to the game, they are still only scarcely placed. But what I was really referring to was the hundreds of "regular" zombies you encounter throughout the game that stand put in one spot not so much as moving an inch. They all act exactly the same and it starts to get old really fast. If valve even remotely considered what I previously said, things would be more exciting especially since the regular zombies are what makes the game tick.