• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Left 4 Dead

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
hmm, the game only has 4 chapters, totalling at like 2hrs of gameplay...

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea, it has 4 acts and if you play on Expert with friends you can enjoy it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Because on the other modes it too easy, but on expert it gets challenging.

Seth

MD Party Room
[yt]9l7VWgknA-M[/yt]

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I'll be picking this game up soon to play with my friends. Played the demo on expert, so much fun. Gotta love locking my friend outside of the safe room.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
im waiting for few friends to buy it before I get it.
Im going to borrow there copy so I don't need buy it. Just play co-op with them or something. :p

Colm

I've decided to scrap the idea of getting this for xmas, and I'm going to get a €40 prepaid visa, snap up this and a domain name or something. Should get it next week.
Then, when we play online, I will kill you while you are in the safe room and the team will move on without you.

Moose

Meta Moose
Got this today after trading in some games. Really fun, but I can only play it in small doses or I get bored. I think it's a shame that the zombies are all extremely similar, and there is a distinct lack of variety when playing... they all do the same thing. Great game though, I really enjoy playing it when I do.

I hope some downloadable content gets released sooner or later, just to spice things up a little.

P.S.: I got it on the PC, not 360.

Slasher

Suck It
Moose said:
Got this today after trading in some games. Really fun, but I can only play it in small doses or I get bored. I think it's a shame that the zombies are all extremely similar, and there is a distinct lack of variety when playing... they all do the same thing.
Thank you! So I'm not the only one who thinks this (As I stated earlier in this thread)

Moose

Meta Moose
Slasher said:
Thank you! So I'm not the only one who thinks this (As I stated earlier in this thread)
Heh. Yeah.

I can't help but feel I have bought an arcade game, if you understand me. Like... don't get me wrong, it's an awesome game, but I wouldn't think, "Huh, this should/could be a retail game" if it was on the 360 marketplace or Steam. I think the fact that it uses the HL2 engine gives it a very Counter-Strike-ish feel... which tbh I don't like. I'd much rather it be it's own game, rather than resemble a very well made CS:S add-on or modification.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Moose said:
Heh. Yeah.

I can't help but feel I have bought an arcade game, if you understand me. Like... don't get me wrong, it's an awesome game, but I wouldn't think, "Huh, this should/could be a retail game" if it was on the 360 marketplace or Steam. I think the fact that it uses the HL2 engine gives it a very Counter-Strike-ish feel... which tbh I don't like. I'd much rather it be it's own game, rather than resemble a very well made CS:S add-on or modification.
yea, I kinda see what you're saying I had half life, and counter strike.
Just feel like an add on mode to those games with zombies, its kinda game that should had been included with the orange box.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
Moose said:
Heh. Yeah.

It does not use the HL2 engine, it's a new engine designed for left4dead, the graphics are better, gameplay is more realistic, of course it will feel like CS or HL because they are made by Valve as well, I like L4D, it's a great game, and hopefully CS:S will be moved on to this engine.

Moose

Meta Moose
AndyMosh said:
It does not use the HL2 engine, it's a new engine designed for left4dead, the graphics are better, gameplay is more realistic, of course it will feel like CS or HL because they are made by Valve as well, I like L4D, it's a great game, and hopefully CS:S will be moved on to this engine.
Huh... I just assumed because the .exe file is named hl2.exe.