• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Left 4 Dead

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
well that engine for L4D doesn't feel really new, only minor changes to it in my opinion.:p

Joey

L4D is based on a modified version of Source, just like HL2 Episode 1 and 2 were...

It's all the same engine, just with more shit built into it.

Joey

Who has this for PC? I can't decided if I want to buy it, but if there's other people to play with, I'll get it.

Whisper

Logic :(
What type of graphics card is needed to play this on the computer?

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
I have a 9800GT with Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz and I can max it out with over 75 fps constant, unless it is on Expert and someone sets off a car alarm, then it goes to around 40.

Moose

Meta Moose
I play with an 8800GT and 2.4Ghz Quad-Core Q6600. No lag what-so-ever at any point in the game so far.

Colm

AndyMosh said:
I have a 9800GT with Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz and I can max it out with over 75 fps constant, unless it is on Expert and someone sets off a car alarm, then it goes to around 40.
I really wasn't checking fps rates during the demo, is that completely stock hardware or was there overclocking involved? Becasue I have very similar spec.

Slasher

Suck It
Whisper said:
What type of graphics card is needed to play this on the computer?
Minimum was originally supposed to be 256mb video card, but they managed to drop it down to 128mb.

Also, watch out because this game is more processor-demanding than what games typically are. I have a 3.0ghz P4, that can run CS:S/Portal/TF2 maxed, yet can only run Left4Dead on all low settings. This game pretty much requires at the very least, a dual core. The minimum system requirement is 3.0ghz P4

Luckily I have a laptop though that's a 1.83ghz core 2 duo and can run it fine (based off the demo). I'll be buying it tonight once I get back from class

Joey

Just played for 3 1/2 hours... Pretty good game. It only took about an hour to beat each campaign though, which is a tad disappointing. I still haven't beaten one though, because I keep getting stuck with shitty team mates.

DFSVegas

Add me.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I haven't even touched this yet. I've been waiting for some people to get it for 360.

If you aren't watching the game tonight, I'm down to clown.

Joey

Abe Froeman said:
I haven't even touched this yet. I've been waiting for some people to get it for 360.

If you aren't watching the game tonight, I'm down to clown.
Brother, I'm watching two games tonight (UNLV plays on CBSCS). You know I aint missin' mah Saints.

Also, like I said, I have it for PC.

Slasher

Suck It
Frenchb0ygenius said:
No I'm really not...:eek: I'm not trying to compare it to cs:s or tf2, but what I'm trying to get at is if it's worth buying or not
The entire game is basically meant to be played coop. Playing it with 3 bots on your team just isn't the same and you won't feel as engaged. It was completely built upon the foundation of playing coop, which makes it such a unique experience.

ilyace

Slasher said:
The entire game is basically meant to be played coop. Playing it with 3 bots on your team just isn't the same and you won't feel as engaged. It was completely built upon the foundation of playing coop, which makes it such a unique experience.

Ok, thanks :)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
just in case no one seen it.
Left 4 dead TV spot 2, this got my hype for the game again. I just seen it on t.v today.:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxNJRAJRY3U&feature=related
Edit- yea I notice, its the same clip we all seen million of times just different music and edited.
2nd edit- lol it seems EA is making games that are fun to me again, co-op zombie games:3

eighty4

Joey said:
Just played for 3 1/2 hours... Pretty good game. It only took about an hour to beat each campaign though, which is a tad disappointing. I still haven't beaten one though, because I keep getting stuck with shitty team mates.

DFSVegas

Add me.
I thought you were someone different - this explains so much.

Anyways, I have this on the horizon for "to be gotten soon" and I honestly can't wait to see how well it plays out. Abe gave it 10/10 followed by other users so I'm extremely excited to play it. :tup: