• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mirrors Edge

Brad

Yoshimi
All right so whats a none hardcore gamer like myself to do when I want a little game action? Back during E3 I spotted this gem that's been on my list ever sense. No 360 or Ps3 at my disposal ill have to settle for the PC version which will be out a bit later. I Loved portal and play a fair amount of FPS's I should be right at home.

Release date PS3 & Xbox 360
NA November 11, 2008
EU November 14, 2008
JP December 11, 2008​

PC
Q1 2009​

Sexy Graphics

mirrors-edge-20080506024310165_640w.jpg

mirrors-edge-20080506024313868_640w.jpgl

mirrors-edge-20080506024317447_640w.jpg

mirrors-edge-20081003023001674_640w.jpg

Another

Source
: Wiki Pedia and ign

twelve

I'm not dead
One of the games I'm most looking forward to. Every trailer looks better and better. My one concern is length, but I shouldn't be worrying you with personal issues ;) but seriously I hope it's got a decent length storyline and/or replayability (which judging by the ability to take many different routes it should do).

Brad said:
PC

Late Winter - "Brad: fuckin gay..."
Get a console :p

Serideth

Wow that looks pretty good fun, to be honest I think (from what I see) it will be better for the PC anyway.

On another ntoe it looks like a mix of TF2 and HL1.

Brad

Yoshimi
Pixel Princess said:
Wow that looks pretty good fun, to be honest I think (from what I see) it will be better for the PC anyway.

On another ntoe it looks like a mix of TF2 and HL1.

yea but a big part of it is you don't have to fight at all if you don't want to. You can be a hardcore obstacle/jump taker or fight your way through or both.

Great game mechanics and variety.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Ever since this game was revealed I've been a fan of it :) Seeing how I myself love free running / parkour and actually do a bit of it here on my campus I can't wait to be able to pull some moves off in-game!

twelve

I'm not dead
Ever seen District 13? It's a French free-running movie with an atrocious English dub (worse than the Advent Children dub). The actual films not bad though.

Brad

Yoshimi
FrozenIpaq said:
Ever since this game was revealed I've been a fan of it :) Seeing how I myself love free running / parkour and actually do a bit of it here on my campus I can't wait to be able to pull some moves off in-game!

haha that's sweet ipaq make a video next time. We can compare :cool:

Adiuvo

I'd be surprised if they can actually pull the not fighting aspect like Brad mentioned. Each game I've played that's had that as an option was insanely difficult to complete when doing that, even if it was supposedly built in.

twelve

I'm not dead
Adiuvo said:
I'd be surprised if they can actually pull the not fighting aspect like Brad mentioned. Each game I've played that's had that as an option was insanely difficult to complete when doing that, even if it was supposedly built in.
It's guns that are optional, fighting is inevitable. And the way they're pulling that off is you cannot carry a gun around. As soon as you try to jump to grab a bar or ledge the gun gets dropped (you need both hands see ;)

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
There's only one downside for me and that's the fact that I get vertigo easily enough as it is; with all the jumping going on I'm sure to turn green.

twelve

I'm not dead
Pixel Princess said:
Ughh I don't like the idea of having to loose my gun when jumping, unless CQC is extremly good.
Judging by videos it is.

If it was a FPS then losing the gun when jumping might be a problem. It's not tho, it's first person free-running.

Brad

Yoshimi
I'm a pretty light gamer so its pretty rare for a game to catch my eye and have me waiting for it. Call of duty/Battlefield games and Portal have been the only games recently that have done that to me.

Best of both baby can't wait.

Brad

Yoshimi
I'm getting the PC version just because well you know...

From my perspective I think it will be more fun at least for me with a keyboard and mouse. I've played my fair share of console games but a game like this seem to flow better at least to me on the PC.