• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mirrors Edge

twelve

I'm not dead
Remote Play hates me :(

My PS3 will be sat at home turned on because the connection is made but times out before I get a display.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
twelve said:
Remote Play hates me :(

My PS3 will be sat at home turned on because the connection is made but times out before I get a display.
that happens to me a lot too :(

i find that if I manually put the ps3 into "remote play" mode before I leave, I have a higher success rate.

twelve

I'm not dead
That's a good idea I'll try that next time. I'll have to remember to disable the auto turn off PS3 after 5 hours tho :p

Anyway this demo is fucking incredible. I'm amazed with it. Picking this game up for sure on day 1.

twelve

I'm not dead
Jagfest? I didn't notice that, then again that might be because I'm blown away by the gameplay. I'm playing in 720p if that makes any difference.

Brad

Yoshimi
Gonna be able to play the demo today on projector. Can't wait :D

Greyone

Kinda sucks for people with only sdtv's, because on sdtv's there is sometimes a lot of screen tearing. Doesn't happen on hdtv's though :D

user friendly

twelve said:
Jagfest? I didn't notice that, then again that might be because I'm blown away by the gameplay. I'm playing in 720p if that makes any difference.

Once you get moving yeah, you really don't notice it much. If you stop to take in the environment, it really stands out. Non issue really but I had hoped for better IQ. Think I'm too used to KZ2.

Greyone said:
Kinda sucks for people with only sdtv's, because on sdtv's there is sometimes a lot of screen tearing. Doesn't happen on hdtv's though :D
I heard that too, very weird.

Vee

Game looked horrible on my SDTV. screen tearing galore. Are we reaching a stage where devs think we all have HDTVs?

Nevada

Nope, just a stage where TV's with hdmi inputs are cheap as hell.
You're from england, walk in to your local asda and walk out with a 26" 720p lcd for 200 quid.

Dan

Contributor
The demo was sweet. Definately gonna buy it within a week of launch. Top of my 'To Buy' list.

Does anyone know if it's gonna have online play?

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Dan. said:
The demo was sweet. Definately gonna buy it within a week of launch. Top of my 'To Buy' list.

Does anyone know if it's gonna have online play?

I think you can race against other players.

Greyone

Nero said:
I think you can race against other players.
yeah you can

time trial mode is pretty addictive :D

I'm also amazed at how many paths you can actually take

Joey

The Demo was good, but I don't see how much variation there could really be. Seems like it would get repetitive real quick.

Vee

Nevada said:
Nope, just a stage where TV's with hdmi inputs are cheap as hell.
You're from england, walk in to your local asda and walk out with a 26" 720p lcd for 200 quid.
The problem with that is, you'd end up with a budget HDTV that would either break down in a year, or they make 1080p TV's cheaper and your buggered.

I'm stuck, not sure wether i should just buy a cheap 720p now, or save up and get a 40" 1080p one now.

Adiuvo

Considering we're well into both HD consoles lifespans it makes sense to get one now. The problem with the games isn't really going to get better.

Colm

No problems on my 10-year-old SDTV, but I'm getting the PC version...