• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mirrors Edge

Adiuvo said:
i think that's wrong

other sites said there still is exclusive dlc, but there is also other dlc coming out for all three platforms.
----
woot got mine and the bag

the bulge in one of the pockets isn't mirrors edge, it's elite beat agents that i picked up at target since it was only $10.
I wish the bag could hold ps3 games, but hey it was free. I think it could fit a ps3 inside the main compartment though.
100_4145.jpg
100_4146.jpg

I know. It's pretty cool though.

Edit: The game arrived. Only 3 more hours till I'll be home to play it.

I played through some of the story last night. I just finished up chapter 2. So far I don't really get the story and it doesn't bring me into it very much.
The actual gameplay is fun. I found myself holding my breath every time I would jump far. I also die a lot in this game, either I don't wall-run properly, or just missed grabbing onto a pole and fall to my death. So far the save points have been in decent positions, so you don't have to start all over when you die.

One of my favourite things to do is just slide up to an enemy and punch him in the nuts, works everytime.

Sousanator said:
I played through some of the story last night. I just finished up chapter 2. So far I don't really get the story and it doesn't bring me into it very much.
The actual gameplay is fun. I found myself holding my breath every time I would jump far. I also die a lot in this game, either I don't wall-run properly, or just missed grabbing onto a pole and fall to my death. So far the save points have been in decent positions, so you don't have to start all over when you die.

One of my favourite things to do is just slide up to an enemy and punch him in the nuts, works everytime.
I have played up to chapter 2 too, and the story is somewhat confusing.

Basically, your sister is being framed for the death of that one old guy(can't remember name).And That's all I have so far.

Yea, I get that part, I just don't find it that interesting.
I'm on chapter 6 now, and had to stop, there's some really nerve racking moments (in a good way)

Final verdict needed: Is this game worth getting now, or waiting 'til Christmas?

_Syn said:
Final verdict needed: Is this game worth getting now, or waiting 'til Christmas?
Hard to say

I couldn't have waited till Christmas, but that's me. Plus I wanted this game over a lot of other titles, and have been anticipating it ever since it was first unveiled.

How much did you like the demo?

Greyone said:
Hard to say

I couldn't have waited till Christmas, but that's me. Plus I wanted this game over a lot of other titles, and have been anticipating it ever since it was first unveiled.

How much did you like the demo?

Exactly why I asked the question :tup:. I actually enjoyed the demo a lot, I wish there was more, but that's how all demo's work, it's supposed to get you to want more. I love the game, but I think i'll just wait for Christmas. This game is probably like Assassin's Creed, where first see, first buy. But then once you have it, you feel like returning it once finished, but that's my opinion. I'm sure this game won't be that repetitive.

Totally amazing game! I really like it so far, and I'm only on chapter 3...It has this amazing feel, even when I disarm an enemy, I let go of the gun and continue with combat or just escape.

the only problem I have had is with the enemy's unbelievable aim
why can he shoot me with a shotgun, like it was a sniper? Then when you disarm them the shotgun can only shoot like 2 feet in front of you.

I just beat the game.

The ending was kinda dumb, but other than that it was a cool game, except for how fast it could get frustrating.

Overall, not worth buying, rent it and beat it. Time Trials are a waste of time, and theres no real reason to play the story again

androidkaita said:
Time Trials are a waste of time, and theres no real reason to play the story again
Could not disagree more.

Collecting bags is a definite reason to go through the story again. As are trophies for playing on hard and not firing a single bullet.

And Time Trials are insanely great.

But I agree for most people a rental will be plenty of time to beat the game. It's only the people that are actually into parkour that will get any replayability from it.

androidkaita said:
I just beat the game.

The ending was kinda dumb, but other than that it was a cool game, except for how fast it could get frustrating.

Overall, not worth buying, rent it and beat it. Time Trials are a waste of time, and theres no real reason to play the story again
Did you beat it without using guns? I did and that was the only thing that made it frustrating for me.

@twelve
Once you beat the game you can go to any level and start at any checkpoint so you wont really need to beat the game again to get all the bags. Anyone could easily gain all the achievements/trophies within one rental period of this game.

No, what I found frustrating was that sometimes the controls would not work, like when I want to wall run she jumps off a building, like 5 TIMES IN A ROW that pissed me off a bit

androidkaita said:
No, what I found frustrating was that sometimes the controls would not work, like when I want to wall run she jumps off a building, like 5 TIMES IN A ROW that pissed me off a bit

Happened to me a lot, turns out I was doing it wrong.

Back