• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

More surprises from PSPGEN are coming..

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldiablov

Contributor
no offense, you're facing what might be a polarized community. i've just been to DA community and most favored CWFe, and pspgen community favored GEN.

what you are facing is followers who don't know the full story. unlike mformature community knows what the hell is going on in both sides.

==================================================

im just sad that the psp community cannot come to a mutual agreement or resolution.

The general consensus among developers is that becus and xenogears are lamers. The opinion of users who have no knowledge of developing doesn't really matter quite frankly.

romantic24

ANSWER 1

I have tried to go into GEN when I am in CFWe as well as going into CFWe when inside GEN .. it would not cause a problem and you can do it..

ANSWER 2
God of war and silent Hills are working perfectly for me .. i would suggest you to try bith these games without any plugin .. and keep adding plugins one by one till you find which plugin is causing the crash.. thats just one solution ... just wanted to let you know that both games work fine in GEN

I don't have any plugins(I'm not sure). How will I know if there are plugins activated in GEN? Please help, I cannot really play the game (god of war and silent hill the origin completely), and take note, those games are the only reasons why I buy my PSP 3000.

Snifi

have you set the umd driver to m33?

press select in the xmb and change it ;-)

if you go to recovery menu, there you'll find the plugins, but it's unlikely that you run any of them if you do not have installed them (except the build in game categories, but that should not be the problem).

try the umd driver change

SONza

I don't have any plugins(I'm not sure). How will I know if there are plugins activated in GEN? Please help, I cannot really play the game (god of war and silent hill the origin completely), and take note, those games are the only reasons why I buy my PSP 3000.

if playing those games was the sole purpose that you bought your psp for then do this

*restart PSP
*Format MS
*put ChickHEN R2
*PUT GEN-A
*PUT ISO files
*try game.. if it doesnt start change plugin to sony NP9660 (or somethign like it)
*try again ..

it should work .. i am on GENA on my psp 3000 and enkoying both these games... there is no reason they shouldnt work with you ...

january39

eXo Staff
Am i missing something, what is the big surprise then?

Wonder if this and CFWE had released the 32mb mem limit and homebrews can use the whole 64MB mem on both slim and 3k, I think that would be surprising.

unlockingsky

so what are you sayin? you failed to load the CFEnabler? I'm afraid to load CFEnabler because the GEN is not yet uninstall in my PSP's flash. ............ It all works on their PSP. Now, I'm playing Silent Hill The Origin, I can play the game but in the middle of excitement when I'm about to go to "EXAM ROOM", my PSP freeze and go back to OFW. I just noticed, when I'm playing RPG game, I even cannot play it, in the start my PSP hangs, sometimes freeze but still I can quit the game. How can I solved this problem of mine? .........
Edit: What if I activate the Flashplayer and WMA in recovery menu, what do you think? It has something to do with the game or none?
1. i didn't fail to load CFWe/GEN
2. you can flash CFWe/GEN interchangeably <- i tried it
3. the sudden freeze may be a bug between GEN and psp trying to save power or go to sleep automatically.
4. try restoring your psp to default settings and then load hen. i had more success using this method than my others.
5. activation of flash and wma has nothing unless you're playing video

The general consensus among developers is that becus and xenogears are lamers. The opinion of users who have no knowledge of developing doesn't really matter quite frankly.
i study policy analysis and evaluation. voters and users have something in common. lol.

go to the recovery menu and plugins option to see if any is active. or you can go to ms0:seplugins/vsh.txt (something like that) with notepad. delete the number "1" on the line and that should disable the plugin manually.

Am i missing something, what is the big surprise then?
i am hovering pspgen site and wondering the same here. i hope they could dump the pre-ipl as the big surprise.

Dionisjk2

I already have 5.03Gen-A installed on my PSP 3000, now, I want to try out CFWE 3.01 as well, the question is, do I need to re-flash Gen-A files again if I installed CFWE 3.01?

why would you want to try the 3.01 version the two dummies who simply copied from GEN? they copied and pasted and called it their new version... ur just taking mroe risking of briking ur psp. Stick with what you have, it pretty much the same thing.

SpAMCAN

BACK TO THE TOPIC: We only have a few hours left... what do YOU think it is? The pre-IPL maybe? Nah... That would have gotten leaked... right?

Snowlight

BACK TO THE TOPIC: We only have a few hours left... what do YOU think it is? The pre-IPL maybe? Nah... That would have gotten leaked... right?

Maybe, i hope it is the preipl! Anyway someone asked for a timeframe?
And is there something bigger than cracking the pre-ipl? :D

Bubbletune

I'm pretty damn sure it isn't the pre-ipl, stop the pointless speculation. It's a lot harder to dump than it may seem, and besides, even if it's dumped, it doesn't immediatly mean Pandora/CustomFirmware on the PSP-3000... If Sony fixed the flaws in it properly, dumping it wouldn't help a thing aside of confirming they fixed it correctly.

SpAMCAN

Yeah, but if the hackers get hold of it, they can code it in. You are right, it would take ages for CFW on the 3k, besides what we have now with temporary CFW launchers.

But hey, if its good, I don't care!

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
/me wonders if PSPGEN are going to announce that they're being sued by Sony and closing doors... O mighty lawyers

Hardrive

Contributor
ignore him. lol. don't give up your hopes just as sony always patch their flaws as new flaws emerge. lol.

Are you kidding me? Bubble knows a lot more about the PSP than you do. It is insulting that you are telling people to ignore a prominent PSP dev.

psp3k

T for Tired
* KezraPlanes;65241 wonders if PSPGEN are going to announce that they're being sued by Sony and closing doors... O mighty lawyers

what a big suprise to show us :p

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM EST ----------

ignore him. lol. don't give up your hopes just as sony always patch their flaws as new flaws emerge. lol.

wtf ignoring a respected dev :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.