• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

More surprises from PSPGEN are coming..

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlockingsky

wtf ignoring a respected dev :mad:

Don't ignore. Just take into consideration.

spamcan has what i should have said. giving up hope from the pre-ipl is like giving up multivariable optimization to me. it is hard but doesn't mean we should quit.

i apologize to bubbletune and should have put more thought into my sentence before posting.

unlockingsky

it's not a spoofer it's a new GEN CFW and not 5.50 gen-a full for OFW 5.50.

i wonder if they dump the pre-ipl or work around it. lol
if they worked around it, then s0ny encryption phailed. lmfao

if they worked around it, in theory, CFW can only be installed from OFW 5.03 standpoint.

Kairu43

They didn't decrypt the pre-ipl. They decrypted Sony's 5.50 firmware encryption so that an actual (Phat, slim v1 and v2 ONLY) CFW could be made from 5.50. It sounds like updates to the temporary GEN-A made for HEN will follow this actual firmware at a later date.

Crank

Crank it up!
after they complete their testing/study they might compile a cfw for v3 and 3k.

Ehm, no. The hackable mobos can't be used as a testing ground for 3k, since it requires wholly different patches. They just don't have a way to dump the 3k module keys for 5.50.

Also, why does everyone think dumping pre-IPL is the holy grail? It isn't, you're still fucked even if pre-IPL is dumped but no exploit from it is found.

unlockingsky

Ehm, no. The hackable mobos can't be used as a testing ground for 3k, since it requires wholly different patches. They just don't have a way to dump the 3k module keys for 5.50.

Also, why does everyone think dumping pre-IPL is the holy grail? It isn't, you're still fucked even if pre-IPL is dumped but no exploit from it is found.

before DA quit his work, he was using psar dumper to study the v3 and 3k from that viewpoint. i don't know what you're calling obsolete. even dumping the pre-ipl is one step closer than nothing. i don't know why you are so resistant to the pre-ipl. if it is something that sony prevent people from reaching, then it must be pretty important.

happydance

so... if they even dump the pre ipl.. (which i think not possible right now)

my question is.. does every unhackable psp has the same pre-ipl or different in each psp?

Strif3

noob question : Now that 3k can run isos, plugins, homebrew, by dumping the pre - ipl , what more could u do with the 3k,

use a pandora on it? Put it in service mode (What does service mode allow?

Snifi

noob question : Now that 3k can run isos, plugins, homebrew, by dumping the pre - ipl , what more could u do with the 3k,

use a pandora on it? Put it in service mode (What does service mode allow?

- with dumped pre-ipl

nothing

- with dumped and exploited pre-ipl

nothing (pandora for 3k is missing)

- with dumped and exploited pre-ipl and a pandora working on the 3k

flash a cfw to the flash forever so that you do not have to start it every time

january39

eXo Staff
.........and the ability to restore bricks.

so... if they even dump the pre ipl.. (which i think not possible right now)

my question is.. does every unhackable psp has the same pre-ipl or different in each psp?

My guess is that it is different, otherwise we could have done something with the Pre-IPL from the 1000 series.

Snifi

.........and the ability to restore bricks.

My guess is that it is different, otherwise we could have done something with the Pre-IPL from the 1000 series.

the pre-ipl is the same on old mbs (1000 and older 2000) and is probably the same on new mbs (new 2000 and 3000), but different from the one from the old mbs

Status
Not open for further replies.