• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need some help with homebrew

Obe3

So I have been outta the loop for quite some time now. I finally decided to get my old PSP out and see what was out there now that its been a while since Ive messed with it. I have Version 1.5. This is where my troubles begin. I know having 1.5 is a good thing so here is what I would like. I have FF7 and FF9 on disc and I hear now that the PSP is capable of playing regular PS1 games. If someone could give me a step by step process of how to get the right firmware and correct programs to run PS1 games, I would truly appreciate it. Once again, I am not that technologically advanced but I can hold my own ground by reading an easy to follow tutorial or guide on how to do this.

Thank you in advance.

Obe3

Well, I appreciate what you have given me. I hope I can get some more answers to questions. I have installed Hellcat's Recovery Flasher and downloaded and extracted the files. Following the instructions on the readme,I have inserted the recovery folder inside the games folder on my psp. it then says to proceed by:

copying the official Sony 3.71, 4.01 and/or 5.00 Update EBOOT, renamed
as 371.PBP (401.PBP, 500.PBP), into the RECOVERY folder as well, or into the
memsticks root folder.

I dont know what this step is because I don't know where the official Sony Update EBOOT is located. It says 3.71, 4.01 and/or 5.00. Is this for 1.5 or are those numbers completely off topic about Version 1.5

Sorry for the inconvenience. If someone could explain more in-depth I would appreciate it.

Obe3

Ok. I downloaded the 500.PBP and placed it in the Root. I now have F:/500.PBP and F:/PSP

Above in your first post it says 5.00 M33-6 but now in your last post you said 5.00 M33-4. Any difference?

Either way, Ive downloaded the 5.00 M33-6 from the link you gave me. Now that I have it downloaded, what and where do I put the file on my PSP?

J

jx233

Run Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to install 5.00 M33-4.

Then after installing 5.00 M33-4, get 5.00 M33-6

Find the EBOOT.PBP in 5.00 M33-6 and put it into F:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE.

Obe3

I have now tried everything, I think. I downloaded Hellcat's and put the recovery folder under the games folder. I then downloaded 500.PBP and placed it in the root folder. When I ran Hellcats, it told me the "game" could not be started with (80020001). I then proceeded to try put the 500.PBP file in the recovery folder instead of the root file like the readme says for Hellcat's and I got the same error. I hope I am doing something wrong, but I have tried both ways, and hellcat's is not working for me.

Alex

press home or select in the xmb and see if it says m33 driver if its on normal change it to it. try both select and home to bring up the vsh menu

J

jx233

Obe3 said:
I have now tried everything, I think. I downloaded Hellcat's and put the recovery folder under the games folder. I then downloaded 500.PBP and placed it in the root folder. When I ran Hellcats, it told me the "game" could not be started with (80020001). I then proceeded to try put the 500.PBP file in the recovery folder instead of the root file like the readme says for Hellcat's and I got the same error. I hope I am doing something wrong, but I have tried both ways, and hellcat's is not working for me.

Ok, from Recovery Flasher file you downloaded, copy the folders %__SCE__rflash and __SCE__rflash into F:/PSP/GAME.

Run it from there. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alex_e said:
press home or select in the xmb and see if it says m33 driver if its on normal change it to it. try both select and home to bring up the vsh menu

This user has PSP Version 1.50, there is no way he has the VSH Menu.

Obe3

Awesome. I have it running now, after putting the %_SCE rflash and the _SCE rflash folders in the right area. I have installed and have version 5.00 M33-6 now.

I think my final step is to put popsloader somewhere. Hopefully this will be my final question. After downloading popsloader, what and where do I put it?

EDIT: I've been searching for guides for popsloader and I've found one. It tells me to download it and another file called "seplugins". Ive downloaded the seplugins and I get an error telling me there is not enough room on the disk. Do I need bigger than a one gig memory stick to go on?

EDIT AGAIN: I went to properties under my drive and it tells me I only have 23.9 MB Total space on my Drive (PSP) and 2.17 free space. How is that possible when I have a 1 gig memory stick?

january39

eXo Staff
Popsloader is relatively small, SEplugins goes onto the root of you memory stick, with the popsloader folder inside of that.

Which guide are you using?

Alex

for a popsloader, forums best say that 3.71 m33 has the best popsloader and compatability, but ive never had to use one...

J

jx233

Back-up your data on the MemoryStick to a computer or another MemoryStick

Then format the 29 MB/2.17 MB one using your PSP.

january39

eXo Staff
for a popsloader, forums best say that 3.71 m33 has the best popsloader and compatability, but ive never had to use one...

In my experience it does work better, more of the time.

Obe3

Well crap. I deleted a folder just to see what would happen and now I cannot select anything because no buttons are working. I turned it off and now it wont turn back on

Great.........Did research. I Bricked it..

J

jx233

Insert a normal battery, and check if its bricked or not by turning on PSP.

january39

eXo Staff
Well crap. I deleted a folder just to see what would happen and now I cannot select anything because no buttons are working. I turned it off and now it wont turn back on

Great.........Did research. I Bricked it..

It is not surprising, if you are going to delete folders that you know nothing about:confused1:

Stop deleting stuff, find out where you are with your PSP and then move forward, random deletion will not cure your psp.

Obe3

It is not surprising, if you are going to delete folders that you know nothing about:confused1:

Stop deleting stuff, find out where you are with your PSP and then move forward, random deletion will not cure your psp.

Heh, yea Ive already found that out. I guess your advice would have been better like 2 days ago