• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need some help with homebrew

Alex

if you have a pandora battery and you want to install 5.00m33 then why download pandora deluxe and import the neccesary files from pandora deluxe, make sure dc8 is selected.
serach it in the dowloads section

Obe3

Finally...I have got a new PSP fixed and updated to Version 5.00 M33-6. Can anyone recommend a good guide for popsloader?

Obe3

Alright, Ive gone to step 6 and ran the psardumper. when I click square to run it, it tells me it cant find the eboot at the root of my memory stick. At the root of my memory stick, I have 2 500.pbp files. I downloaded the 5.00 one from step 4's link. Am I doing something wrong?

J

jx233

Obe3 said:
Alright, Ive gone to step 6 and ran the psardumper. when I click square to run it, it tells me it cant find the eboot at the root of my memory stick. At the root of my memory stick, I have 2 500.pbp files. I downloaded the 5.00 one from step 4's link. Am I doing something wrong?

Rename one of them to EBOOT.PBP.

Also, the 5.00 pops is already in the firmware of 5.00 M33-6.

january39

eXo Staff
really?
i didnt know that, so why do people still ask for popsloader and dax release one?

It is not essential to have the popsloader, you can run PSX games direct from your psp flash, the FW you have installed will give you the flash pops, so if you have 5.00 M33 you have 5.00 Pops, same for 4.01 etc etc.

The Popsloader is essential though if you want maximum compatibilty as diff games run better off diff FW pops. I.e FF7 runs superior on 3.71.

It is a mis-conception that you have to have Popsloader in order to play/use PSX or PS1 games. Still need to convert to eboots though.

Alex

The Popsloader is essential though if you want maximum compatibilty as diff games run better off diff FW pops. I.e FF7 runs superior on 3.71.

It is a mis-conception that you have to have Popsloader in order to play/use PSX or PS1 games. Still need to convert to eboots though.

alot of psx and ps1 games run best on 3.71 and most of my iso's do(theyre backed up from MY disk btw)
my midnight club looped on the menu after i updated past 3.71!!!!

and i gathered you dont need a popsloader to play ps1 games cause i plat gt2 all the time :D

what do you mean the eboots need tro be converted?

Obe3

Ok. After reviewing the guide, I think I have completed it the right way. On step 9, I didnt see any of the files and actually skipped it. When I booted my PSP up with the R trigger, I got the screen and enabled popsloader. Everything looks correct, but how to I actually play the PSX games? After every walkthrough and guide, I dont see how you actually play the PSX games.

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
Do you have an eboot?

If its an eboot, copy it to
mso:/PSP/GAME/
and then run it...

thats all...

as far as converting it to an eboot is concerned, use psx2psp...

Obe3

So Ive found a disc one eboot for FF7 thats about 500 MB's. I have around 800 left on my 1 gig MS. Am I going to have to get a bigger memory stick if I want to play all 3 discs?

Obe3

I knew this Staples store value coupon would come in handy sometime. I just wanted to make sure that the 500 MB file for disk one wasnt big or anything.

Now if I get a new Memory stick, am I going to have to install popsloader onto my memory stick or is that through the PSP itself? When I bring up the PSP through USB on my computer, Im not sure if I am putting files on the PSP or the Memory stick.

Alex

when u plug in your psp to your computer via usb connection, if you havent touchd anything in the vsh menu or recovery it will bring up the <U>MEMORY CARD</U>
and yes you will have to reeinstall the opsloader, but i think its as simple as copy and paste

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
You only put files into your PSP if you change your USB mode.. which is seriously not recommended if your not experienced...

plus, the size of the slims internal memory is small, so nothing of that sort will fit..

as far as poploader is concerned, you will have to check which version of pops is best for your game from here:
http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List

and you install popsloaer onto your MS and not your PSP...

Obe3

Ok so I have the first disc for FF7 in an eboot file. I put it in the game folder on my psp but its not showing. Do i need another program to run the actual game?