• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need some help with homebrew

january39

eXo Staff
Heh, yea Ive already found that out. I guess your advice would have been better like 2 days ago

Fair enough - Ok do you have a pandora battery and a MMS. Going to need both.

Do you have a mate with a CFW PSP? Be whole lot easier if you do?

january39

eXo Staff
Ok. Git a 3.5 PSP today for 45$$, do I need to downgrade first to use hellcats?

If that is 3.50 then you need lumines unpatched to go back to 1.50, and then you can use Hellcats recovery flasher.

january39

eXo Staff
No Problem - Something like THIS

Not a bad game either actually. Addictive

Obe3

I see. So would it be recommended to buy it off ebay or is it safe to go to a game store and get a used copy?

january39

eXo Staff
I bought mine off ebay and it worked a treat, its all about the product code. wherever you buy it make sure it is the right product code.

The link i gave you was just an example, it is your choice on purchase.

They made a later patched version which does not have the exploit i.e. Patched.

january39

eXo Staff
Google it,

EU (ULES00043) or US (ULUS10002).

Long as it has that on the side of case, you got the un-patched version.

babysister

hi. i could use some help. i downgraded from 4.01 m33-2 to 1.5 thinking it would be better for my son to play games with. it works great. i did it with hellcats recovery flash anyways, my question is trying to figure out what is the best fw to go with? lately been hearing about this 5.00 and thought if you want to play certain games you need an earlier fw or does this 5.00 fix that? sorry for ignorance as i am learning as i go.lol thanks in advance for help. if someone could pm me when they answer this would appreciate it. dont see anything about getting emails when a response comes in.

january39

eXo Staff
Update straight to 5.00M33-6, i have had no problems whatsoever on that FW, all the games i have work fine on that. :)

Why did you think FW1.50 would be better to play games on? Other than homebrew reasons i cannot see a need for any PSP to be on 1.50

Alex

well it kinda depends what you mean by "games".
if its homebrew then it can be solved when you update to 5.00m33, all you gotta do is install the150k addon as only certain homebrew work on 1.50, the 150k fixes this.
if its iso's(back-ups) they should work fine.

babysister

ok. i guess being noob with this should have asked around first. so do search on 150 addon guess. when i was on 4.01 it wouldnt let me update to 500

babysister

i am really having probs. augh. i cannot update nothing and i put those files in the /psp/game/update whatever and went under game memory card and nothing. sorry but i try to follow those directions and i am going around in circles. i follow the one link what it says and then it says on that link you need other files prior to those updates. all i want is a direct thing. i mean even on that one site it tells you to put the files in the topmost of the memory card. does it mean in the top left? sorry for whining and i know its my fault for doing this in the first place.

babysister

yippee i got the eloader to work.lol so far so good. now i get what they mean. as long as i have a direct path i know where to put it.lol

january39

eXo Staff
yippee i got the eloader to work.lol so far so good. now i get what they mean. as long as i have a direct path i know where to put it.lol

am really having probs. augh. i cannot update nothing and i put those files in the /psp/game/update whatever and went under game memory card and nothing. sorry but i try to follow those directions and i am going around in circles. i follow the one link what it says and then it says on that link you need other files prior to those updates. all i want is a direct thing. i mean even on that one site it tells you to put the files in the topmost of the memory card. does it mean in the top left? sorry for whining and i know its my fault for doing this in the first place.

do i need 3.93?

also homebrew being download? yes i have pandora 1000 phat.

Etc etc.......

Please refrain from double posting, i have answered your thread which you posted twice.

There a mutiple posts here, be patient we will help you get sorted, no problem.

J

jx233

babysister, there is no need to have six posts in the same thread. You risk a ban or a loss of your posting priveldges. If you have something new to say, edit your post and add the new information. This is your first warning.

EDIT: january39 replied while I was writing my reply. He beat me to it. Sorry.

Also, january39, you warned the user before I did: good work. :)