• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New Xbox Experience Out Now!

Noriyuke

Yea, im happy its out, so i can legally tweak with it, the update is pretty decent, i really don't like the attempt at trying to compete with the PS3 because honestly the competition is more or less even until more third Party development gets better and starts to pick sides in terms of hardware, which wont happen for a tad bit longer me thinks. Although you can see it happening now, but not in the way Microsoft or Sony Wants. It has a bunch of tweaks that are actually very useful and neat in system, like the Home button has a lot more options than it used to and its GUI looks a lot nicer and seems to have a lot less lag than the 2D system. But that's just my first impression.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Why has this new update stopped my gamerpic from showing up in mygamercard.net signatures? Has anyone looked into this and found an answer yet?

Joey

Abe Froeman said:
Why has this new update stopped my gamerpic from showing up in mygamercard.net signatures? Has anyone looked into this and found an answer yet?
It probably has to do with Microsoft's servers getting bum rushed, and being slow as hell.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Abe Froeman said:
Did you make an avatar? Maybe they switched over to only displaying those (just a guess).

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I did make an avatar, so that might be the case. But when I log into the xbox forums, my gamerpic is still what is being displayed there. Others have their avatars displayed, but I'm pretty sure you can stick with using your gamerpic if you are fond of it.

PS - It's time for you to get a 360.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Can anyone connect to the marketplace yet? for some reasons I still can't....

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
My avatar and gamerpic weren't showing up yesterday, but they're working now.

My avatar actually looks sorta like me too.

But I was hoping it was more like miis where you can position everything. I also don't like how you can't even change the colour of your clothing. I wanted to be able to make a Batman like my mii :(

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ

This was just made I really didn't like it. Everyone else avatar was to weird with glasses and stuff like that. So I made mine simple.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I made one last night, but don't take this the wrong way anyone, all of the avatars and poses he went in were super gay. I'm not a 15 year old kid and even when I put a beard on one it looked extra gay.

Moose

Meta Moose
Abe Froeman said:
I made one last night, but don't take this the wrong way anyone, all of the avatars and poses he went in were super gay. I'm not a 15 year old kid and even when I put a beard on one it looked extra gay.
Yeah... look at mine, it's most certainly gay.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
They options are very limited (especially for facial characteristics) and the head just seems way to big for the body to give it a more cartoonish look. I'm satisfied with my creation (trying to resemble myself as closely as possible) but it's fun to create an avatar that doesn't look like you (aka fool around).

One thing I hated - only one avatar per gamertag

Ninjas May Cry Avatar:

Baillargi (main account) Avatar:

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
FrozenIpaq said:
They options are very limited (especially for facial characteristics) and the head just seems way to big for the body to give it a more cartoonish look. I'm satisfied with my creation (trying to resemble myself as closely as possible) but it's fun to create an avatar that doesn't look like you (aka fool around).

Ninjas May Cry Avatar: [qimg]http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/Ninjas%20May%20Cry/avatar-body.png[/qimg]

Baillargi (main account) Avatar: [qimg]http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/Baillargi/avatar-body.png[/qimg]
I like the first one.... dude nice.
Also anyone notice with the instilling the disc to the hardrive take away from the graphics?
Well to me, I notice in GTA IV it doesn't look the same as I first played it.*need restart game due to return hardrive.*

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
FrozenIpaq said:

Yea I didn't like that either. I saw the save outfit option, thinking you would be able to save complete avatars so I created a Superhero avatar. But than found out it would only save your clothes and not your facial features. I had to remake my avatar because of this.
Pokemanz master said:
Also anyone notice with the instilling the disc to the hardrive take away from the graphics?
Well to me, I notice in GTA IV it doesn't look the same as I first played it.*need restart game due to return hardrive.*
It looks better for me(especially less pop-in). I have a 120GB though which is a bit faster than a 20GB

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Sousanator said:
It looks better for me(especially less pop-in). I have a 120GB though which is a bit faster than a 20GB
I got an 60GB, its still pretty fast but kinda slow downs after an while. But what I did notice GTA IV load times are almost not there which is great. either way its an major improvement.
@Vanden
Tried that no invite operation or anything. we're both in netflix