• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New Xbox Experience Out Now!

twelve

I'm not dead
FrozenIpaq said:
Windows Media Center was released in 2002....
Correct, and that was menu driven. Vista MCE is the one that borrows heavily from the XMB, and that was released years after the Sony PSX (2003) which was the first to have an XMB.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
twelve said:
So? Vista Media Centre is the one that borrows heavily from the XMB. XP Media Center was menu driven.

Indeed it was but all the new media center is is really an extention of the old one, I really don't see any relation between the XMB and Media Center for Vista - I highly doubt Microsoft got it's inspiration from Sony on this one. What I've been trying to get at is the vertical navigation was there with Media Center, all they did was make the sub categories visible, they already had some of that implemented in the XP version if I recall - go to a menu, and you could go to the right and select another item from it - that key concept is carried over to the NXE

twelve

I'm not dead
No they didn't. I've had a media PC for 18 months now and have used Media Center almost daily on XP MCE and then Vista MCE when I upgraded earlier this year.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
with netflex you can invite an friend to watch movies with you right?:confused:

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
as of now, you cannot connect to xbl so enjoy your console few old blades before the update.:p
edit- nvm I can log into one my sliver accounts, but just not gold for some reason.
2nd edit- even if im am up, im just going wait for tomorrow to update hopefully it won't take long to update.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
its pretty sweet, I didn't wait before I got back home im testing it right now as speak.;)
edit-they did do the game upgrade thing, games like uno upgraded and now support avatar in uno I yet to try any other games.
edit again- only took 4mins to update to the new dashboard

twelve

I'm not dead
This is shit. I'm getting error after error after error while trying to browse the marketplace.

Love that I can now delete zero gamerscore games though.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I actually like the NXE, Im pretty surprised, because I thought the BETA was pretty gay, but now that I can use friends and avatars and all that, its actually pretty cool.

Moose

Meta Moose
Not long... about 10-15 minutes. I guess it depends on what game it is though, they all differ in size, but I can't imagine by very much.

Chathurga

Moose said:
Not long... about 10-15 minutes. I guess it depends on what game it is though, they all differ in size, but I can't imagine by very much.

Sweet. I'm going to use this on C&C RA3, that game dies every hour. Just have to hope the game will actually rip.

Edit: Does anyone have any technical details on the ripper, like how many times it'll try and read the disc before it gives up?

Edit2: Double sweetness Fallout 3 and C&C will fit on my tiny hard drive, happy days :D

http://www.bingegamer.net/2008/so-h...saving-xbox-360-nxe-hard-drive-install-chart/

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
twelve said:
This is shit. I'm getting error after error after error while trying to browse the marketplace.

Love that I can now delete zero gamerscore games though.
same....
I love the disk copying feature, I can now play cod4 story mode:D

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
how the heck do you send an invite for netflex?
Also how movie thing work?
is it free, because it said send another movie for 2$?? wtf...

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Joey said:
You probably have somebody join your party, and then goto Netflix...
we tried that... we had about 4 people in party when I first started... everyone own an account so idk....
Either way its pretty sweet watch anime on my t.v:0