• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Nintendo Switch playtime tracking

Retodon8

Not for long as Stadia is shutting down on the 19th x
I was referring to learning about the Nintendo Friend Code versus User ID. You're talking about Google Stadia shutting down. I don't follow. I think you may have quoted the wrong post?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Says the Switch sync is down due to large number of new members. Haha. I did see a video on YouTube that brought me here so...
Yes it looks like we got another spike in users today. Things seem back to normal now though. If your profile update didn't go through the first time, just run a manual scan afterwards - those are queued so won't overload the system.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi! Sorry if this is a silly question, but how does it grab your game info from your friend code?
It fetches the data from the same activity log on Switch - when you search for a user by friend code it shows the last 20 games they've played.

In general not really much different from how we connect to other services. For the most part, the same APIs used on the consoles themselves are what we use.

braixen

It fetches the data from the same activity log on Switch - when you search for a user by friend code it shows the last 20 games they've played.

In general not really much different from how we connect to other services. For the most part, the same APIs used on the consoles themselves are what we use.
That's cool, thank you! Other apps I've heard of required actually being friends which was part of my curiosity.