• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Official PS3 Slim images, video, tech specs

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Buy a phatty then. That will satisfy your "looks are important" needs lol. :)

B

Bizarre

Is this going to boost the value even more of the first PS3 models?

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
the ps3 wasn't the most pretty of consoles to start with but now compared to the slim

its pretty :p

Robby

Los Doyers!
I normally buy a console to play games, not really on how it looks.
IDK that is just me though.

For $299 this is a fantastic deal for someone who hasn't gotten a PS3 or who wants a more slim model.

Riorio99

It looks really good from the front, but from all other angles it's incredibly ugly.

If I didn't already have a PS3, this would be a purchase.

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't have a problem with how it looks. My issue is that it's still huge. It is a lot slimmer but the other dimensions are mostly the same.

I think I've just been spoiled with how much smaller the PS2 slim was compared to the original PS2.

eighty4

The Slim is like that ugly chick in class that has popular friends but gives head behind the trash can to everybody, but nobody claims her.

Yeah, just like that.

Hellcat

Contributor
Are you sure on the 250W power consumption?
I heared it's more like 80W?

250W is the old 60G model already....

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
I always thought it was pretty. <3

fat chix rock.

The Slim is like that ugly chick in class that has popular friends but gives head behind the trash can to everybody, but nobody claims her.

Yeah, just like that.

both worthy as a sig quote but just too good :laugh:

yeah i also think it looks wider, like its been squashed down to make it slimmer

oh and what about the new buttons on it. I wished they kept the touch controls

user friendly

It is in fact wider, 16mm wider actually.

Phil's right, it is still pretty large but I bet it makes a big difference to hold it and see it for yourself. It definitely wasn't as big a difference as the PS2 slim was though. I think we'll see at least one more redesign in a few years depending on how the rest of the generation plays out for Sony. If they took an inch or two from the width,I think it would make a huge difference in aesthetics.

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
It is in fact wider, 16mm wider actually.

Phil's right, it is still pretty large but I bet it makes a big difference to hold it and see it for yourself. It definitely wasn't as big a difference as the PS2 slim was though. I think we'll see at least one more redesign in a few years depending on how the rest of the generation plays out for Sony. If they took an inch or two from the width,I think it would make a huge difference in aesthetics.

sumone has done their home work

i like that :laugh:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm still pissed that there is no flat top to it but I guess that has just become part of the PS3's specs....a round top that you can't put anything on top off besides a few controllers

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
would you really want to put stuff on it? i would still leave it clear for cooling purposes

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
would you really want to put stuff on it? i would still leave it clear for cooling purposes

There aren't any vents on the top and so long as what is on top isn't that hot it wouldn't make a difference. I used to put my monitor on top of my 360 when it was flat to save some room. You can also put other things on top (such as games, flat remotes, etc.).