• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Opinions, compliments, complaints - feedback, call it what you want.

EvilSeph

Administrator
With our one year birthday quickly approaching, it is important that we remember who we owe our success to. Without each and every one of you active within our community today, I very much doubt we'd have gotten this far. It is thanks to your dedication, loyalty and desire for your home, M for Mature, to be great that has allowed us to stay strong for this long.

So, in true M for Mature fashion, we'd like to hear what all of you think about M for Mature right now. Whether it is a complaint, a compliment or a wild idea - we'd like to hear it.

Possible topics to discuss are:
The party room - What do you think? Do you like it? Hate it? Think something else might work?
Our direction
What we have to offer
What you'd like to see from us

Remember, the above topics are merely there to get you thinking and your feedback is not limited by them. All responses are much appreciated. :D

Thank you for everything.

Hellcat

Contributor
Well, it's acommunity home, main ingredient is the people hanging out here.
And most of them are fun to hang out with \o/

The party thread, well, I haven't even lurked into it once *lol* dunno, coulnd't care less about it, don't even know what it is about, noone ever felt like telling me that :D (I suppose it's just about "nothing" *lol*)

So far MfM is a nice place IMO. I come here pretty much every day and the lack of (more) interesting threads goes to the account of still being in "vacation mode", I think :D It'll rise again - I hope.

Besides that, I'd really like to see some of the suggestions of the "not official but still" thrad being implemented, some really good ideas in there....

eldiablov

Contributor
The party room - What do you think? Do you like it? Hate it? Think something else might work?

Our direction

What we have to offer

The idea of a party room is all well and good. A friendly place for users to chat and relax and just let conversation drift from one subject to another with mass opinions being shared.

The harsh reality is that it is a room where a select few members are "allowed" to post and any new people that wish to post there seem to believe it is a place where you can spam random crap without punishment. It is an unnecessary nuisance and is generally an eye sore. It just causes unnecessary work for the staff and I think that better moderation could take place in real time on IRC. Where all this stuff could be better controlled.

MfM seems to be a bit stagnant right now and I miss the times where there would be an update every few weeks, there was always something new to look forward to and test out. A few directions could be the great youtube video review idea among other things that may have been previously suggested.

Whisper

Logic :(
I am just glad MFM still has a quality community after the new member bomb (due to Davee's awesome project).

eighty4

I am just glad MFM still has a quality community after the new member bomb (due to Davee's awesome project).

I seriously hope your joking. There's a handful of users who do nothing but post non sense every since they joined. I would name them, but publically namedropping isn't my game.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Hmmm. Eighty4, would I be on that list? XD

Anyways, sorry to double-post, but. The "party room" I'm guessing is the "Off-Topic" forum?

Moose

Meta Moose
I seriously hope your joking. There's a handful of users who do nothing but post non sense every since they joined. I would name them, but publically namedropping isn't my game.

You can't expect to go on a forum and not see the occasional spam/useless member. In life there are stupid people, on the internet there are forums... bring them together and you get stupid people on forums. :p

But like you said, it's only a handful of members so it's hardly a nuisance.

eighty4

You can't expect to go on a forum and not see the occasional spam/useless member. In life there are stupid people, on the internet there are forums... bring them together and you get stupid people on forums. :p

But like you said, it's only a handful of members so it's hardly a nuisance.

Only a handful of people are active here. The 3 or 4 I'm talking about are probably some of the most active.

Hellcat

Contributor
YAHHH! Go out and call my name already :p ;) :D

I want to be able to pick a different color for each letter. Like "A"s will be red, "B"s in white, "C"s in green.... and so forth.... :p

[/bs]

Moose

Meta Moose
Only a handful of people are active here. The 3 or 4 I'm talking about are probably some of the most active.

There is always the ignore function of the forum if you find it too much. Three or four people won't take long to add to your ignore list.

(TSON)

Arcade Whore.
My complaint is that this forum emphasizes too much on the PSP. Every other console section is DEAD, and when the PSP scene dies down a bit, this forum is graveyard-esque.

Hellcat

Contributor
My complaint is that this forum emphasizes too much on the PSP. Every other console section is DEAD, and when the PSP scene dies down a bit, this forum is graveyard-esque.
Well, that could be 'cause MfM was born out of a bunch of PSPish people and most who joined in here had focus on the PSP - some still have.

If people enjoying other devices would join in, those sections would be more full as well....

(TSON)

Arcade Whore.
I know how MfM spawned >_<

What I'm saying is that you guys need to find a way to pull in a more rounded group so the forums don't go upside down when the scene starts fading or slowing