• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Opinions, compliments, complaints - feedback, call it what you want.

Lampworker

So why don't I see a reported post backstage? Instead of complaining, report the post with a valid reason and we'll deal about it.

"We've Tried Nothing And We're All Out Of Ideas" <- That seems to be your motto.

Lol, how about the post 'this will brick lu64+ wii's"

I can't do your job for ya man.

twelve

I'm not dead
I come up with that assumption as the staff doesn't care as it should.

Let's just be blunt.

If you cared, you would care about the safety of consoles out there. Instead, without any knowledge the staff here has accepted a sticky of a bad FAQ tutorial.

Now... Lets be honest.
Can my tut be revised? Yup. Could it be easier? Yup. Guess what i considered first? Safety. Now, there's a staff stickied wii modding tut by a person that has no idea once so ever how it works in the first place.

Mega. Epic. Fail. I understand if you call me out for being an ass. I understand if you call me out for being non staff material. I -DO NOT UNDERSTAND- a staff sticky that can brick consoles with bad information written by a user that really has no idea of what's going on..

DO NOT offer help if you don't know your arsehole from your elbow.
If you don't like a guide on this site and think you can do better then write one. If it is better then it will be stickied instead.

Chathurga

lamp I can't read EVERY post, there's going to be things we miss, that's why the report post button is there. How about you stop moaning for once and actually help out, I know it's a crazy idea but give it a try.

Edit: Also you're not being respectful at all, you're coming across as a massive hypocrite atm.

twelve

I'm not dead
It's all irrelevant now as the guide has one little line added to it.

Moving on, what's the next thing to cry about Lampworker?

Lampworker

If you don't like a guide on this site and think you can do better then write one. If it is better then it will be stickied instead.

Heh. I do ;) I just don't generally care about BAD advise, rather than -UNSAFE- advise.

Oh wait... I DO have guides here. ;)

Ah it's easy to say people cry about other people's advise than those people that actually do what you suggest.

Please 2 try again?

What's new to cry about? Nothing. Same old stuff. Please stop trolling me twelve.

eighty4

Heh. I do ;) I just don't generally care about BAD advise, rather than -UNSAFE- advise.

Ah it's easy to say people cry about other people's advise than those people that actually do what you suggest.

Please 2 try again?

What's new to cry about? Nothing. Same old stuff. Please stop trolling me twelve.

How is he trolling you? He fixed what you bitched about, and now you have nothing to say other than misspell advice.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Please 2 try again?

Stop trying to make it as if we posted and stickied the guide knowing it was unsafe for a few Wiis. It's not something we leave out on purpose and is something we always look out for. We all have experience with PSP exploits and know the dangers that come with it and ALWAYS reported on the dangers of PSP exploits. This was no exception and I'm inclined to believe that this discover was (LU64 Wiis) made after the guide was published. I could look at the dates and other stuff but really is it that necessary?

Lampworker

I offer valid suggestions eighty4. Sorry if you don't feel so. Guess what.. not a single one of my guides has ever bricked anyone.

I know what my suggestions DO.
I know what goals I'm going for, as do the users.

You offer up half arsed crap that you really have no clue what or how it actually functions. A wonder the guide is fails?

eighty4

How is it failed, if no one has bricked their Wii because of it? Also, I don't know what it does, but I magically wrote a working guide - weird.

You're a failtroll on unexperimented levels. If you want to properly troll, try making an argument that doesn't look "half-arsed"

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I offer valid suggestions eighty4. Sorry if you don't feel so. Guess what.. not a single one of my guides has ever bricked anyone.

I know what my suggestions DO.
I know what goals I'm going for, as do the users.

You offer up half arsed crap that you really have no clue what or how it actually functions. A wonder the guide is fails?

His guide hasn't bricked anyone's Wii either. As he already told you a month ago, he tried it on a friends newly bought Wii and it worked so he only assumed that it was safe. If you were in the same position you would've assumed the very same thing.

Like I said above, it is not something he deliberately left out. People make errors or forget to include certain information. We all have done this so don't make it seem like it has been unique to this situation or is a problem. That would probably be the only thread you found like that (no disclaimer) but we added the disclaimer when notified about it. We do care about our users safety.

Chathurga

Lampworker has been banned from this thread.
Now anybody reading this don't take the ban the wrong way, we will take any form of constructive criticism but you must go about it with a little bit of respect instead of slamming every member that doesn't agree with you and belittling the site.

So... carry on, nothing to see here. If you guys have any criticisms post them, you won't get punished.

Serideth

Community > Purpose.

Friends don't need to serve a purpose, they don't need to have a focus.

We're all like minded people that like our games and technology so here we are all grouped together in our little corner of the internet.

I'm going to ignore most of what's been said in this threas as I feel most of what could of been said has been said, but that's a great point you make.

explosions

Community > Purpose.

Friends don't need to serve a purpose, they don't need to have a focus.

We're all like minded people that like our games and technology so here we are all grouped together in our little corner of the internet.

But I don't fit in. :(

Hellcat

Contributor
Hey guys :)

One quick q':
If - and if so, when - are some suggestions from the various suggestive and feedbackish added to the forum/site?
Any plans on that? :)

And while we're at it, I have two more suggestions I recently saw in another forum that shall remain unnamed:
- Forum / Community Achivements
- RPG like experience points comming along with an RPG like level

And just to mention it once more:
vBPlaza :D

Thank yooooo :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hey guys :)

One quick q':
If - and if so, when - are some suggestions from the various suggestive and feedbackish added to the forum/site?
Any plans on that? :)

And while we're at it, I have two more suggestions I recently saw in another forum that shall remain unnamed:
- Forum / Community Achivements
- RPG like experience points comming along with an RPG like level

And just to mention it once more:
vBPlaza :D

Thank yooooo :)

I'm personally against anything that adds bloat to the forums (such as RPGs and VBPlaza even). I like to keep things simple and not get drowned in too many icons or other crap

Hellcat

Contributor
:(

I'm all for funstuff, many choices of what to do and stuff like that which keeps ppl browsing the forums for hours nonstop....

just my 2ct :)

Adiuvo

I still would like a vBPlaza system added to the forums. Points, items, all of that. It definitely makes for a more interesting community, and gives incentives to do things.

Robby

Los Doyers!
vbplaza will be a great addition.
It really makes browsing the forums more fun.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you for all your feedback and bug reports and wanted to provide you with a brief update on things. Currently, we're busy preparing for some important maintenance that will take place in the near future (meaning we'll have to lock the forums for a short amount of time while this maintenance is performed).

At the same time, we're busy discussing all the suggestions back stage and fixing (or devising a solution to fix) all the bugs that have been reported and solving most, if not all, the issues that you guys have brought up.

As always, please feel free to let us know what you think of our work and thank you for your patience.