• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

owHENed Project: ISO loader for chickHEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

romantic24

Guys this is great news and maybe bad news to those people against with it. Hope this one is very true.

Sorry guys, I cannpt give the links 'coz it says it was "forbidden". Just go to the site dark-alex.org (owHENed Project: ISO loader for chickHEN?) or pspgen.com (you have to translate so that you can understand the article there)

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
From looking at a few screenshots it looks fake once a video is made sure ill believe it. Then again Davee can block this so no worries if it does become to be released.

Megido

The guys original post on PSPGEN makes no sense and only has a few screenshots to back up his claims

Honestly it seems fake and with the massive amount of people who can now access homebrew and are desperate for an Isoloader I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being a bricking program or just a fake.

Not that I would mind such a thing =3

Slasher

Suck It
HEN isn't illegal nor is using it. Neither are any of the homebrew programs that are made, including the emulators. Breaking a warranty agreement doesn't mean it's illegal.

What IS illegal is ISO's; and ROMS can be sometimes depending on the circumstances and where you live.

DemonHunt

HEN isn't illegal nor is using it. Neither are any of the homebrew programs that are made, including the emulators. Breaking a warranty agreement doesn't mean it's illegal.

What IS illegal is ISO's; and ROMS can be sometimes depending on the circumstances and where you live.

2. RESTRICTIONS
You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the System Software. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code. You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PSP

Megido

2. RESTRICTIONS
You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the System Software. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code. You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PSP

Megido

It wouldnt, its illegal, but my point was, so is the hen and any homebrew.

Yes but here's the thing its been cracked and there is no going back now.

And honestly if you think homebrew such as a port of cave story and an isloader ARE THE SAME THING you my man are messed up in the head.

Sure the port of Cave Story is illegal but it isn't hurting anyone.

While an isoloader would wreck sh!t up on HUGE SCALE

HEN-A

Contributer
I read the article the day it came out and quite frankly I am very happy about it.Even if it is againt Davees wishes we should be free to decide whether or not to break the law.

I honestly dont care who flames me for this but I had to say it.

Slasher

Suck It
2. RESTRICTIONS
You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the System Software. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the System Software, or create any derivative works, or otherwise attempt to create System Software source code from its object code. You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PSP™ system; (ii) violate any laws, regulations or statutes, or rights of SCE or third parties in connection with your access to or use of the System Software, including the access, use, or distribution of any software or hardware that you know or should have known to be infringing or pirated; (iii) use any hardware or software to cause the System Software to accept or use unauthorized, illegal, or pirated software or hardware;

Slasher, sorry to be an ass, but it is illegal - above is from PSP EULA

Breaking a EULA agreement isn't necessarily an illegal act. It's a liability contract. Voiding your warranty if you break it.

I don't know much about this specifically but if homebrew were indeed illegal I guarantee you ps2dev.org would have been shut down long ago. Hell, every PSP homebrew site in existence would be shut down. Dark_Alex and others would probably have been arrested long ago as well.

I sincerely believe homebrew is not illegal... I just need somebody with more knowledge to step in and reinforce that fact.

Lampworker

Intense sarcasm mode activated:

I mean there's soooo many developers left around the psp scene. Nothing bad could possibly happen going directly against the wish's of a developer. No.. that's never happened.

/end sarcasm mode.

Really all the people dieing for an iso loader, need to step back for a second and think of the consequences. Really. Go ahead and run off another developer and you will pay the price in the end. Homebrew is amazingly fun and there's worlds of it out there. If that's not enough for you.... erm... sorry?

This isn't a legal / illegal debate people. It's about respecting the developer.

WildArmsV

Before starting, once again, talking about legacy stuff, and about "respecting" the developer, u should read first what the "creator" of this isoloader says, some guys here are talking like "about a movie without watching it" here is the page translated, yeah google translator xD

403 Forbidden

Even if it says forbidden it still takes me to the page, dunno if it will work for u guys

Lampworker

I fail to see the point WildArmsV. Because the person working on has an idea to show that he's not cool with piracy, that it's ok?

It's using Davee's work for something he didn't want to see happen. If you want to make your OWN exploit, own version of hen and then create an iso loader, I would have no problems with it. I do have a problem with disrespecting the person that put it together in the first place by directly going against his wishs.

WildArmsV

Well he supports daave and blah blah, but man, you must understand and u should know too..., stuff like this is always destined to happen if you make a worldwide famous application, maybe there is already a japhen or chinahen or whatever, or something like that, and we dont even know.
The same thing had happened to lots of softwares, being modified or implemented or making them worst whatever. Its something that is almost as natural as nature, even if we like it or not. Daave was probably aware of that, but nothing would ever take out his tittle of being the first and the base for all those modifies

Lampworker

I think your missing my original point:

Really all the people dieing for an iso loader, need to step back for a second and think of the consequences. Really. Go ahead and run off another developer and you will pay the price in the end.

Have people modified others work in the past for there own ends? Of course. Is this going to continue to happen? Can't see how it wouldn't. Is this natural? Perhaps.

Does any of that make it right? No. No it doesn't. It's stealing others work and modifying it without permission. If you want to accomplish those ends you should do the work yourself and not steal it from other developers. We've lost lots of good developers in the past due to this kind of disrespect.

WildArmsV

Well if you think that way, wich is partly truth, i would hate someone to steal my job, even if i am being credited, but its each person's desition, as you said, let them/us/me or whoever, pay the price at the end. Theres nothing much ppl can do about it, bill gates didnt wanted pirated windows, and lol, u got to see the streets of my country (although there are a lot less from before thx to the security meassures for windows). And is more serious bussiness with them, because ppl eat from that money. (not that i think microsoft needs money lol, just giving it as example if it wasnt a multimillionarie company)

Sorry if u answer and i dissappear, would end the debate, gotta go out xD, ill be sure to check once i get back home later
cya

xqtftqx

I wanna clear some of this up here.

HEN IS NOT ILLEGAL! Yes!, it does break the warrenty, but simply removing the memory stick makes it so they cannot trace it. You payed for the product, did anybody sign a contract when they bought there psp? i didnt. the point is, you bought it, you can do what you want with it.

ISO Loader = Legal. Period
ISO's = Legal. Period

The only illegal thing is, dumping the umds. its legal to make backups, as long as you dont break any encryption. And when you dump them, you do.

If there was a way to copy the umds without breaking encryption, then it would be legal. but there isnt

Status
Not open for further replies.