• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

owHENed Project: ISO loader for chickHEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliderkk

I think its a shame that all those control freaks won't mind their own damn buisness and let other people do what they want to their fullest extent. I am not counter-piracy but I don't steal software often and I still think that anyone who is counter-piracy is either directly affected (i.e. Sony) or a control freak who needs to get lost and let people get into their own trouble should they feel so.

Also, all the power to Davee and his HEN, hes not a control freak, he just doesn't think that stealing is okay and he can't even make the HEN load ISOs if he wanted to.

Leecher

I think its a shame that all those control freaks won't mind their own damn buisness and let other people do what they want to their fullest extent.

Someone got a little angry. Geez.

It is a shame, because let's face it people, piracy is KILLING the PSP scene. I never said that everyone should buy their games, I just said that it's a shame that so many people contribute to the death of the PSP.

That is all.

Erland

Ok.. ISO and it's legality depends on the country you live in.

Dark_AleX cannot be prosecuted due to his country not following copyright protection laws. Plus the fact that Dark_AleX does not modify any copyrighted files to begin with. He made his files and then he modifies the firmware in RAM.

Now if Davee does go ahead and puts in blocks to stop ISO loaders then someone will reverse his HEN and rewrite it. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just naive.

Now the thing with ISO's and it's legality.

According to the United States Laws. Each individual is allowed to make one working copy of of any media they own. Where it becomes illegal is breaking the copyright protection. It is illegal to break copyright protection. If for some reason there is no copyright protection as in someone else already made the backup and removed the copyright protection or in the case of music where there is no copyright protection. Then the act of making the copy is illegal if the receiving party does not own the media in question.

This is the reason why when you download your music from any P2P site you cannot get into trouble. However if someone downloads it from you, you can. The computer that actually made the copy is the one breaking the law. Therefor the owner of that computer can be prosecuted. Which is why if you are in possession of a backup copy and have no proof of ever owning the original then the law assumes that you made the copy and therefore it's illegal.

Making a backup copy of a UMD is not illegal. Why because you are not removing any copyright protection. You are making a 1-to-1 copy of the UMD. This is why it's done in an ISO format and the files are not just dumped. This means you are allowed to own a copy of your UMD's. It's called the "Fair Use Agreement".

However using CFW or an ISO loader to bypass the copyright protection is illegal to make. This means if you are using an ISO loader no one will ever prosecute you for it as long as you own the UMD. Now the company or person who made the ISO loader can be prosecuted and be forced to stop making the program in question.

If you are playing an ISO that you do not own then you are in possession of an illegal copy and you can be prosecuted.

==============================================

This means:

1. If you download an ISO from a torrent/P2P and you own the UMD, If anyone downloads any portion of it from you, it's illegal.
2. If you own the UMD and make a copy of it, it's legal.
3. If you make a copy of your friends UMD and are playing it, it's illegal.
4. If your friend makes a copy of his UMD and you play it, it's illegal.
5. If you go to blockbuster and rent a game and make a copy of it, it's illegal.
6. If you make a copy of any GAME and you do not own it, it's illegal.

Only one situation above is legal. The device that plays it back is illegal.

If you are going to argue. At least get it right.

Teverek

The psp scene is dieing because sony has focused so heavily on ps3 marketing. Has nothing to do with piracy although they seem to think so, and apparently so do many of the people in here. Perhaps if sony decided to keep up with other hand-helds line ups or at least be in competition then it would be a completely different story. And you cant say its piracy's fault all other hand-helds have the same exact problem and are pumping out huge #'s of titles each year which sony hasn't even tried to keep up with in the last 3.

You and the others can keep thinking you are being all righteous and what not but the fact of the matter is you all look like Nazis for telling people what they should or should not do, be it illegal or legal. It is of no concern if someone is pirating it is up to the law to stop them not some people on the internet who just don't seem to shut the hell up about it.

I love how the psp scene seems to think or at least seems to put forth the notion that its the only factor in the psp's downfall. Lets not factor in sony is losing money hand over fist on the ps3 and virtually every other division of the company. Lets not factor in the psp has not seen 1 major title in over a year. Or the fact that they keep releasing a new revision every damn year and that really deters people from purchasing one in the first place.

The holier then thou shit doesn't work this day in age.If they want to stop piracy you create something people want to buy. Supply and demand there is no supply so there is no demand no one wants to go spend $30 on the few 3-4 year old psp games, which seem to be the only ones that are any good.

EDIT * To clarify this was directed to Sylar and all the others that seem to think they need to tell people what to do.

Sliderkk

Someone got a little angry. Geez.

It is a shame, because let's face it people, piracy is KILLING the PSP scene. I never said that everyone should buy their games, I just said that it's a shame that so many people contribute to the death of the PSP.

That is all.

Killing? HAH, most of the PSP games suck and all the good ones are out. And all ready, a new PSP is on the way and it goes without saying that Sony will put an end to there mistake that they made back in 2005. Developers probably already started working on the new model instaid.

Erland

The psp scene is dieing because sony has focused so heavily on ps3 marketing. Has nothing to do with piracy although they seem to think so, and apparently so do many of the people in here. ......

Apparently you have not been keeping up with the developers.

First off the Developing machines (I can't think of what they are called right now) The machine needed for a company to develop for the PSP, run around $50,000 right now if you went to Sony and asked to develop for them. Right now there are too many companies that are not willing to pay that much.

Why you ask? Because of how easy it is to pirate on the PSP. You say that other portables have the same issue. Well they do and they don't. With the only other portable on the market to be able to pirate a game you have to spend money to import a chip from another country to be able to pirate games. This means that piracy is not nearly as rampant as is on the PSP. Why because the PSP does not require leaving your house to pirate games. It just requires access to the internet and some time on your hands. Shit it doesn't cost a thing where the chips for the DS cost at least $50. I have had a DS for as long as a PSP but, I have been pirating games for the PSP much longer. Why cause I'm not paying a foreign website $50 for a chip when I can't trust that site. They may try and steal my identity and it wouldn't be hard. Now I would buy it from a store but since it's illegal for any store in the USA to sell them I can't. You see the point. Most people who pirate on the DS are older people who can afford to buy the chips. You don't have nearly as many teens pirating due to them not having access to the chips without parents permission to use their credit card.

Now lets look at the facts. Once God Of War came out it was pirated right away. Due to this the company that makes GOW decided that it will no longer make games for the PSP. They lost a lot of money on that game and just barely made a profit. They pulled the plug. After that there was 4-5 more developers that pulled the plug also due to the ease of piracy.

Now that Sony has released the PSP3k they have talked several more devs into making more games for the PSP. This means we should be seeing several decent games coming out soon. However if the 3k gets ISO support they will pull the plug again after 1 game.

Now lets look at the DS. Yes the DS has dev's, however most of their devs are NINTENDO themselves. 8 ouf of 10 games that come out each month are made for and by NINTENDO not from outside DEV's. This is the reason why they don't worry about piracy. They make money hand over fist with their bullshit games they put out and the kids eat up. Plus you have to remember that most of the games for the DS are aimed at kids not adults.

Most of the games for the PSP are aimed at adults/teens not kids. Also Sony it's self does not have a dev division like NINTENDO does. What SONY does is they charge people to dev for them. Then you have to present the game to SONY and pay SONY to put their encryption on it so it can run on the PSP. Your not actually paying for the encryption but for their SEAL of quality or whatever they call it. The right to run it on their system. So SONY is charging dev's not once but, twice just to dev for the PSP. NINTENDO does not do this.

NINTENDO makes you pay for the system and a yearly fee. Where SONY does the fee per GAME.

Basically between SONY charging per GAME and the ease of piracy Developers have stopped making games for the PSP. Now that SONY has stopped piracy on the 3k they have been slowly getting more dev's back into developing.

Everything I have said about the developers can be looked up online. The fees and such that Nintendo vs Sony charges cannot. This is only known by the people who develop for each. I know this due to having a friend who does independent graphic design for developers. He's actually the guy that did all the art for Puzzle quest for the PSP. Right now he's developing for the WII, DS, PSP, and 360. We have had many discussions on this topic and it's really due to the ease of piracy on the PSP that stops the devs from wanting to continue deving for it.

Stop being naive thinking that piracy on the PSP is equal to that on the DS and if there is another hand held please let me know cause that is the only one that the PSP is competing with.

Sliderkk

Dude if you want to develop for Sony it doesn't require a machine just a computer, Sony will provide the software development kit to anyone who is a legitimate developer and they burn the disks themselves not the third party companies that make the games.

Also, God of War is made by Sony, so you are saying that Sony wont make games for Sony anymore wow thats a big risk their taking there.

Oh, and I would like to point out that you said Sony does not develop first party games, WOA HOLY SHIT LOL HAHAHAHA YOU SURE MESSED UP DUDE.

Also you said that Nintendo has a pay-to-play service LOL UR GOD DAMN FUCKIN FUNNY!!!

And finally that you said that you know someone that is an indie graphics designer, I doubt that and I doubt that anyone hires independent graphics designers.

In a nutshell,
THATS THE BIGGEST FAIL IVE EVER READ ON M.F.M. SO FAR LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Teverek

The point I was making was for all these people that feel they need to push their views on people to shut the hell up because every part of the entertainment industry has to deal with piracy not just the psp.

I have not seen one article stating the psp sales have declined to the point of costing sony money. they are still making an absolute killing off the psp or they wouldnt be selling the damn thing..

People that feel the need to push their views on people present themselves on the same level as the scum that comes to my door to push religion.

$50,000 ? i sure hope that was a typo or it brings me to question the validity of anything else you say. $50,000 is pocket change when the game is being sold at $50 a pop. Even with piracy the fact of the matter is the PSP is still profitable or they wouldn't be on the shelves, end of story.

If what you say is true about sony charging devs to make games then its their own damn fault no one wants to make games for them.

EDIT***OH and lets not forget to factor in that most people that are willing to risk bodily harm to mod a psp's battery are also probably willing to open up a ds and throw a chip on it. That cares little to no risk of physical harm and actually to me is a lot easier.+ I am sure if they dont have solderless chips they certainly will soon.

Sliderkk

The point I was making was for all these people that feel they need to push their views on people to shut the hell up because every part of the entertainment industry has to deal with piracy not just the psp.

I have not seen one article stating the psp sales have declined to the point of costing sony money. they are still making an absolute killing off the psp or they wouldnt be selling the damn thing..

People that feel the need to push their views on people present themselves on the same level as the scum that comes to my door to push religion.

$50,000 ? i sure hope that was a typo or it brings me to question the validity of anything else you say. $50,000 is pocket change when the game is being sold at $50 a pop. Even with piracy the fact of the matter is the PSP is still profitable or they wouldn't be on the shelves, end of story.

If what you say is true about sony charging devs to make games then its their own damn fault no one wants to make games for them.

EDIT***OH and lets not forget to factor in that most people that are willing to risk bodily harm to mod a psp's battery are also probably willing to open up a ds and throw a chip on it. That cares little to no risk of physical harm and actually to me is a lot easier.+ I am sure if they dont have solderless chips they certainly will soon.

Okay I agreed wit you when you thought it was a typo until you said it was pocket change read my least post.

EDIT***OH and I'd like to point out that hardmodding a PSP battery won't bring any risk Ive done it a million and and the other day I even cautiously smashed the lithium pack inside and it just has all this black goo which is presumably the oxidized lithium and it smelled like anti-freeze.

Man I find fails more than I get killed in CSPSP and thats a hell of a lot.

Teverek

LOL :) I wasn't going to argue that point :) I was just gonna say that $50,000 to develop a title that will guaranteed wrack in atleast 5 million is absolutely nothing for a developer to be concerned about.

I thought it was kind of odd what he was saying, charging someone to sell games that sell your console and makes you money seems really god damn stupid. Even stupider then building consoles that can be modded by a bull frog with whiskers.

Getting a bit late for my brain :p

So what this dude just wrote a page of bullshit and pushed it off as fact?

Sliderkk

yeah he must have made it all up lol.

And good point like Sony would charge people to make games for them thinking about it make me laugh literally out loud.

Teverek

About the hard modding didnt mean to insinuate it was dangerous just meant its certainly more dangerous then throwing a chip on a mother board. I messed up cutting open one and had sparks fly out at me all nasty like. Didn't get hurt but the fact of the matter is you aren't gonna see no flying sparks coming off a mother board;)

Sliderkk

But you don't even use modchips on the DS, you use the R4 game card, Nintendo screwed up by not implementing any legitimacy verification at all in any of their systems so far (which is why things like Action Replay and Gameshark are possible). The DSi; I don't know about but who would buy that piece of crap anyway.

Teverek

lol so true. IF it wasn't for my niece owning a DS I would have never even known it existed.

As for the DSi Nintendo needs to stop the sony style mini upgrades before they get out of control and kill that thing as well.

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM EST ----------

that $50,000 development kit can be found via google :)

Sliderkk

After research I learned that Sony.s dev machine is called the ProDG so okay im part wrong. go to snsys.com for the dev tools info.

By the way the white thing does all playstation games not just PSP.

check out these images:
1771223899144211.JPG

oe_dev.png

DolphinDevKit10_1_b_qjpreviewth.jpeg

Man I'd shure kill for one of these prior to the launch of the system that it cooresponds to.

Also on the side of the PS2 dev thingie it says TOOL the exact same way and font as the manufactured pandora batterys floating around the net, Huh?

Erland

Dude if you want to develop for Sony it doesn't require a machine just a computer, Sony will provide the software development kit to anyone who is a legitimate developer and they burn the disks themselves not the third party companies that make the games.

Yes Sony does charge for their Dev Kits. The price I quoted was when they first came out. I'm sure Sony does not charge as much now.

dirtypsp.jpg

pspdevkit.JPG

Engadget

All of the Dev kit's have the PSP's attached to them. They do not work if disconnected from the Dev kit. They get powered from the Dev kit it's self and there is no place for a battery. This makes testing them more tedious being that you can't take the portable with you while your out or even to your couch. You must sit at the desk next to the machine just for testing.

Also, God of War is made by Sony, so you are saying that Sony wont make games for Sony anymore wow thats a big risk their taking there.

Ready At Dawn, the developers of God Of War, Stopped developing for the PSP after making Chains Of Olympus. They did this due to the rampant piracy on the PSP

Link 1 Link 2- They stop developing

Link 3 - Sony Talks to them about coming back for GOW 2 for the PSP

Do you require more proof than this?

Oh, and I would like to point out that you said Sony does not develop first party games, WOA HOLY SHIT LOL HAHAHAHA YOU SURE MESSED UP DUDE.

I said that Sony's first party developers are not LIKE Nintendo's. Nintendo puts out almost 10 games for the DS to every 1 that Sony puts out for the PSP. Nintendo puts out many many many more bullshit games for the DS. The kids eat them up. Sony does not do this. I was saying that the 2 do not compare. Not that it doesn't exist.

Also you said that Nintendo has a pay-to-play service LOL UR GOD DAMN FUCKIN FUNNY!!!

Please tell me where I said this?

And finally that you said that you know someone that is an indie graphics designer, I doubt that and I doubt that anyone hires independent graphics designers.

At the time my friend was working for Vicious Cycle who put out Puzzel Quest. (Yes I know I said Jewel Quest my bad). Right now he is an Independent Graphic Artist developing for the WII, DS, and the 360. He had to return his PSP dev kit and his WII dev kit is Green and white. If you ever see one you will know I was telling the truth. You know when you see it. His 360 one looks like the elite model.

There a bunch of independent graphic designers due to the fact the companies can pay them less to develop the more tedious shit then they would their personal designers.

WII dev Kit - Told you...

wiigreen5.jpg

He has one of these also..

You are right they all have to deal with it. However it's worse on the PSP then any other system short of the DreamCast which is why they died. If Sony doesn't stop it then the PSP will too.

I have not seen one article stating the psp sales have declined to the point of costing sony money. they are still making an absolute killing off the psp or they wouldn't be selling the damn thing..

You again are right. The PSP system is selling like hotcakes, however the games are not. The systems are selling due to the ease of putting on CFW and being able to pirate games, not because of the great list of games available. Sony makes it's money on the systems and the developers. It's then up to the developers to advertise their own games and make their money back. Yes Sony still physically makes and ships the games but, they don't make any money on the games or at least they don't make a lot on them since they make all their money on the developers by charging them for developing for their system.

Yes $50,000 is a drop in the hat for developers. You must remember that the developers still have to pay for well programmers, graphic artists, buildings to dev in, the business it's self and many other things. To have to pay 50K for a machine to dev on and then they will need several machines to dev quickly and put out games quicker it kills them. This is the reason why there are no good games coming out for the PSP lately.

Yes Sony is still making money but, the developers are not that's why most games coming out right now are from Sony and not from 3rd party developers.

If you notice most of the games that are advertised are done by Sony themselves, If you recall God Of War was advertised a lot, guess who paid for it? Not Sony.

If what you say is true about Sony charging devs to make games then its their own damn fault no one wants to make games for them.

Well each of the companies charge 3rd party devs to dev for their system. Pretty much they will dev for their own system and charge anybody that wants to put their games on it and make money. How else do you think that Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft makes money off of 3rd party developers.

EDIT***OH and lets not forget to factor in that most people that are willing to risk bodily harm to mod a psp's battery are also probably willing to open up a ds and throw a chip on it. That cares little to no risk of physical harm and actually to me is a lot easier.+ I am sure if they don't have solderless chips they certainly will soon.

The DS does not have modchips. They have cartridges that plug into the same spot the games do and they hold microSD cards for the ROMs, homebrew, music, and movies. You don't have to download anything, or open up your DS to use it. It's the easiest thing in the world to use but, it's hard as hell to get a hold of unless you have a credit card to order it from some shady website hosted in a country with no laws about stealing your identity.

Yes you can cause bodily harm opening a battery but, you can also do it with software or go online and buy one. Shit you can even go on craigslist and find a post where someone in your city is modding them for you.

I understand it's more dangerous then putting in a modchip but, it's cheaper if you fuck up. You screw up a battery you have 3 choices.

1. Buy a new one from the store for $45 from walmart.
2. Buy one from a game shop used for $10.
3. Buy one from eBay for $10 or so.

It's a lot cheaper if you fuck up modding a PSP unless you have a TA-088v3 or PSP3K. Which again brings in the point that piracy is way too easy on the PSP then ANY OTHER CONSOLE OUT.

SliderKK it looks like your the Epic Fail.

romantic24

all people here, will you please shut your hell up! what the heck?!

Some people say "don't add/create ISO/CSO loader because it will only feed piracy" the fact is, they already have custom firmware in their fucking, hackable and downgradable PSP so they will not care anymore to those people who are crying for help to add ISO/CSO loader for PSP 2000v3 and PSP 3000. Don't pretend guys, I know, way back at the time when the PSP phat (1st version) and slim (the second version) was released without knowing that those PSP is not yet hackable, you, I, and we are crying for help to those people who has knowledge enough to hack those PSP to help us so that we can run some back up games, dump some UMD's, run emulators and blah blah blah.

Sorry for my english. Correct me if I'am wrong.:angry:

silkthreads

not that am encouraging or discouraging piracy, but when davee and team(thanks for the hen) has gone againt the wishes of sony and the developers there and found a hen i dont see anything wrong if someone went ahead and added a iso loader for his hen, you got to understand the wishes of sony has been violated here too, so please dont go on about violating someone else's wishes......,

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM EST ----------

ramantic24, i think that's very true, many of the people complaing about iso/cso loaders am sure already have a cracked phat psp, and enjoy the pirated games. many hypocrytes out there.

romantic24

not that am encouraging or discouraging piracy, but when davee and team(thanks for the hen) has gone againt the wishes of sony and the developers there and found a hen i dont see anything wrong if someone went ahead and added a iso loader for his hen, you got to understand the wishes of sony has been violated here too, so please dont go on about violating someone else's wishes......,

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM EST ----------

ramantic24, i think that's very true, many of the people complaing about iso/cso loaders am sure already have a cracked phat psp, and enjoy the pirated games. many hypocrytes out there.

thnx for supporting. I just really don't like those people who are pretending. I hate hypocrates and judas. Ahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.